Dismiss Notice
Hey there Anonymous! Now you can post on XPOFF without registering!

29 Legion Gear Prep Guide

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Kirise, May 9, 2016.

Share This Page

1. MC Esco

MC Esco New Member

I have a couple questions for some of the best in slot things as a Rogue.

Is the 3.0 attack speed on the main hand absolutely essential, or is it okay to run with two ilvl 44 weapons?

Also, how can you get the ilvl 100 mask on your 29 when it's soulbound?

Thanks for the help. Looking to crush in world PvP and BG's soon.

2. OP
    Kirise

Kirise Grandfathered

Good questions. In reverse order, here's a guide about getting the rogue mask:

http://xpoff.com/threads/solo-mask-mog-farming-for-low-level-rogues-horde.66501/

As for main hand attack speed, yes. The difference in ilvl between the best (slowest) speed weapon and the highest ilvl amounts to a decimal difference i.e. 0.2-0.3% difference in damage output, while the difference in weapon speed can grant your weapon-based abilities much, much more than that.

Do remember that this guide is for instanced PvP, where gear stats don't matter. In World PvP, they absolutely do matter, and will change your best options for several slots.

3. Malanior

Malanior Grandfathered

Not sure about some of your statements. Double check pls:

I think it's "For every 10 average item level you achieve above 34, you will receive a 1% bonus to all your stats e.g. if you get your average item level to 54, you will receive a 2% bonus to all your stats but if your average item level is 55 or 63, you will receive a 2% bonus to all your stats only"

If you check armor skill in your spellbook, it's clearly stated that 5% bonus to your main stat works for level 50+ character only.

4. OP
    Kirise

Kirise Grandfathered

The character sheet doesn't show decimal differences, but the game does take decimal differences into account in other places. Reaching these thresholds of stats changes are for visual display, but the stats increases still count.

Correct. But several players found that for some reason, this bonus currently works for all characters in instanced PvP, including those below level 50. It's unknown if this is a bug, or currently intended by Blizzard.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MC Esco

MC Esco New Member

As for the slowest weapon, from my understanding it's actually the http://www.wowhead.com/item=106945/bone-fishing-pole? The guide says a 2.9 speed item, but this item has a speed of 3.0 which would be the actual slowest main hand weapon in the game for Horde and has a higher item level than the Alliance weapon as well since the ilvl doesn't scale up to base in instanced PvP, correct? Just wondered if anyone has looked into this item being in the game or as a possibility of best in slot gear for Outlaw Rogues. Grinding the tackleboxes doesn't seem any worse than trying to do this Invasion RNG bullshit.

The other upside of this method if it does work is you have a possibility of getting the ilvl 65 fishing trinkets and heirloom rings as well.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  6. Original

Original 100% GCD Hacker

That version of the item was never added to the game, the 2H Fishing Pole is the only one in the game http://www.wowhead.com/item=45991/bone-fishing-pole

7. MC Esco

MC Esco New Member

Gotcha. On wowhead someone said that they found it. Just a rumor then?

8. Original

Original 100% GCD Hacker

He responded to the wrong item.

9. MC Esco

MC Esco New Member

Another question. As a 29, do you want a fast or slow offhand? I was thinking of using the 2.9 speed mace and a warforged ilvl 44 2.6 axe or 1.8 dagger. Any research done into this? I'm pretty sure the rogue abilities only scale off of main hand speed/top end damage.

10. Syrayeda

Syrayeda Veteran

11. icehawk

icehawk Member

Unfortunately no because those items are BoP. U need to make it on the toon that will use it. Otherwise I guess they would be a good easy alternative to other high level trinkets.

12. Syrayeda

Syrayeda Veteran

thanks for pointing that out. guess i wasnt paying attention when looking through them

that is what ill go for then thanks

13. Jabz

Jabz Member

14. duploh

duploh New Member

I've been trying to get this gurubashi arena trinket 2x on my twinks for the last few weeks (and fishing trink) , and now i hear ppl say that it's not worth it, cause it won't boost your stats in pvp. That it only counts for ilvl 800+ ?
    So ... that all twinks are getting highest ilvl gear for nothing.
    ??? I hope that's not true, why would all twinks go engineering and gather that gear then ?
    confused here.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)