(19s) 8.1.5 Enchants & Item Changes

The landslide proc rate is really good if its on a 3.60 speed weapon. (Cudgel of Naralex)

Keep in mind lifesteal is 6ppm opposed to 10rppm. That means the number of non white dmg attacks you can do directly effects how many actual procs you get with it. It is entirely viable to get more procs out of lifestealing than ele force depending on the amount of yellow attacks you have.

Definitely true for both these things. PPM works better on slow mainhand weapons. Unfortunately cudgel of naralex is for 29s =/

I think lifesteal's damage may also have been nerfed on ptr though. I can't check to be certain.

Also it looks like incendiary ammo, flintlocke's (30agi, 40s ICD), and gnomish (40AP, 40s ICD) have all be nerfed on PTR. I assume frost ammo as well.

There are some crit/haste proc scopes. Lord blastington's scope of doom actually might be comparable with 19agi at 1PPM (no ICD).

Guessing incendiary is going to still be the easy go-to option for lack of weapon swapping and buff management. While micromanaging those buffs is still probably an option, with less than half of the previous value its hard to tell if its worth it.

Wowhead also lists the BfA weapon enchants as castable on ranged weapons. I forget if we actually tested that way back when BfA came out...

EDIT: Avalanche also nerfed. So seems like maybe all damage proc weapons have been nerfed.

Last edited:
Yup, they're usable. Gale-force striking was BiS for MM at 120 last patch, and I have it on an invasion weap.

That might actually be viable at 19 then. The enchants themselves are lackluster at 19 pvp unfortunately, but being able to use the weapon of choice might be worth it. Maybe gale force, though its more pve oriented. Have to check recount/skada for a MM hunter to see how much damage autos do. Navigation is a pretty constant 2-10 verse (or w/e secondary), which is boring and not that big of an increase (how does that compare with a straight up +4 damage scope lol?). With the PTR nerf, the 2% lifesteal from siphoning just seems bad (especially since you can use a leech pet if need be).

Hunters are going to be in an interesting spot in terms of enchants. I also wonder if dual wield survival hunter will be viable with ele force being nerfed...

EDIT: With the addition of the ilvl 25 quest changes, I'll throw these here...
Obviously a BG crate weapon will likely have better stats (adaptable/quickblade) - but several options for a quick ilvl 25 ranged wep.

Last edited:
Gale force reduces the cast time of aimed-shot and steady shot when it procs too, it seems pretty legit for a weapon swap

Gale force reduces the cast time of aimed-shot and steady shot when it procs too, it seems pretty legit for a weapon swap

Wait, it does what? It gives attack speed, not haste. Do hunter cast times scale with attack speed?

Wait, it does what? It gives attack speed, not haste. Do hunter cast times scale with attack speed?
It does not reduce the CD for aimed shot, that is haste, it does not reduce the duration of serpent sting, but it DOES reduce the cast time for Aimed and steady shots.

About .3 seconds reduced cast for aimed/steady shot at 59 (only 5% haste tho), I assume since it's static 15% it's the same for 19.

It refreshed itself sometimes too.

edit- that's on live, didn't test on PTR cuz it shouldn't change... right?

iCan someone test Frost-laced ammo, on live its pretty identical to incendiary in terms of output so if it doesnt get changed it would be BIS.

I dont really have a problem with any of this tbh. I hold the view (right or wrong) that a single rogue shouldnt be able to solo a healer outside of like zerker buff/salt water + mad rng type scenarios. If this helps slow down the emta a bit then thats good imo. Dunno how anyone can argue 19s is in a great state atm. Warrior is bad at 19, fury lacks crucial abilities forcing it to use a shit talent and leaching other players kills to contribute at all while it waits for 100fury and arms is a snareless thug waiting for charge cds, but no doubt the legion of bfa outlaw rogues will rant and rave about how unfair crusaders unchanged state is. I dont know how rets are atm but if this makes them playable then great, I miss ret pallies.

Damage Done for Warsong Gulch (last fight) [4:51 EF]
1. [Sinister Strike]: 1.6K (29.5%)
2. Melee: 1.4K (25.7%)
3. [Elemental Force]: 1.3K (23.7%)

^^ those are 29s numbers but the percentages are pretty similar at 19. So consider this patch a buff to player control and using actual abilities in the spellbook.

SHame they didnt remove frag belt but this is a start i guess, although its kind of a endorsement of low level frag belt usage in some ways, which is a bit dissapointing

all the non proc enchant changes effect everone so meh

people might have an actual legit reason to bitch about 29 fury's now though while they sit in melee range and try to tank the spec with no snares blow for blow and mysteriously die

ele force is tiny for arcane and lots of mages are enchanted into pure spellpower now anyway, surv will noitice it though, same with monks, but imless sym,pathetic with monks because they proc ele force at an outrageous frequency

Damage Done for Eye of the Storm (last fight) [15:19 EF]
1. [Elemental Force]: 7.4K (29.3%)
2. Melee: 5.5K (21.7%)
3. [Fists of Fury]: 3.8K (15.0%)

Boomies arent carried by ele force anywhere near as much as others and will remain the twink equivalent of goldeneye's oddjob. Resto shammies and druids might actually heal other players again who knows

drunken rant over

I hold the view (right or wrong) that a single rogue shouldnt be able to solo a healer

I'd agree on the terms that a healer should not be able to solo a rogue either.

edit- closest I have is a level 23 hunter in heirlooms, frost laced hits for 400 on live. I'll check PTR in a few.

Hits for 272 on the PTR at level 24, incendiary hit for 305.

Last edited:
Healer in PvP should be able to outheal 1.5 DPS ( himself and one other target for a very limited time). Amount of targets should reduce that limited time.

Anything else is a toxic shithole that is now.

Increasing mana cost of spells by 300% for healers in pvp should fix everything btw.

I agree healers are not too strong bc their heals are too powerful they are too strong bc they never oom.

what is your idea of reasonable time to oom? because healers absolutely oom, especially in this clusterfuck of a meta where hp bars are dippping from 100% to 10% in a gcd

Rogues are not able to kill healing twinks in a single gcd. I’m not sure where that information is coming from. A class with more than 1100 hp will typically survive both the two second stun and a full 5 combo points. After that, unless it’s a low tier class, it becomes a chess match. Arcane mages need <5 seconds to 100-0 you. Healers can 10-100 themselves with one cast. If a healer jukes your kick, you’re in for some serious fisticuffs. Druids do druid things, so good luck jumping a balance or resto with over 1600hp solo. Now don’t get me wrong, frag bombs can change things... but that’s due to the item used, not the class! Rogues were killer when BFA dropped. Averaging 20 KBs a game was easy work. Now 10-15 KBs (with objective play) is a solid game. I honestly feel they’re in a good place now, and the ele nerf is going to hit rogues very hard. If a healer is struggling regularly to rogues (not using drag bombs), I’m not sure what to say....

Rogues are not able to kill healing twinks in a single gcd.

No one suggested anyone was killing a healer in a gcd. Reading comprehension is a vital , some might say the the single most vital, component of interacting on a written word forum.

Users who are viewing this thread