10v10 Ideas and different BGs

LennywBT

SpeeDIO
Hello guys, this is Lenny.

So, i wanted to see your opinion of doing a 10v10 is Arathi Basin, or even Eye of the Storm.

There could be a lot of strategies going on. And i for sure think [MENTION=18826]Bop[/MENTION] is an expert at Arathi Basin / EotS kind of games, as he came up with some amazing AB strats on the 15 men we ran back in MoP.

Let me know what you guys think and if i should organize these kind of events.
Question : What would comps be like in a 10v10 AB / EOTS ?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eye of The Storm is just a newer, more interesting setting. Whereas you have Arathi Basin, which is boring scene and old. Kind of like Warsong Gulch, it's just used and abused. We need a new setting in place.

I think it could be possible. I have been thinking about the same thing. I like 10v10 AB and EotS more then I do 15v15.

Eye of The Storm is just a newer, more interesting setting. Whereas you have Arathi Basin, which is boring scene and old. Kind of like Warsong Gulch, it's just used and abused. We need a new setting in place.

Eye of the Storm is cooler to me as well, because you can run different strategies with that flag while holding/assaulting bases. Arathi basin tho, is old, but people may like it. And i have to respect everyone's opinion =).

I think it could be possible. I have been thinking about the same thing. I like 10v10 AB and EotS more then I do 15v15.

Yeah, i completely agree with you there, Albino suggested the 10v10 AB to me as well. (We should organize moar of dis stuff m8) :p

We looked into this for the NWL, decided that AB is far less viable than Eye of the storm, and 10v0 is best.

AB is far to big, EotS is slightly larger than warsong gulch ground wise and it is not only dependent on holding bases, which would mean a very slow sort of game play other wise. However I hope to test these in between the next season of the NWL and the current one.

Mounts probably change things a bit, I hope you guys try this.

Yeah mounts most certiantly need to be taken in consideration when comparing 19s to 20s lol. EOTS 10v10 could be very intense and fun if it was able to be played under rbg rules, 10v10 eots means even if u kill every enemy while pushing for a base they will res before u can even get the base to neutral. The tower cap system in place is based of 15 ppl, just having 10 alone makes it harder to cap. Then, add in the fact that its going to be played in a serious competitive scenario and u hit a wall because u need precision to take over a base however its too slow. AB holds tons of possible strats and truely tests a teams ability to react perfectly in times of trouble as well as adapt their strats when they start to fall behind or get pushed on.

Switching up maps is a great idea and should be done, it gives the players great perspective on other effective ways of pvp and increases their awareness. Most often WSG tends to teach the opposite currently. Seeing it first hand a lot of times many players get too caught up in midfights, especcially if they are lesser experienced players. Using a bg like AB will allow them to realize the importances of not getting caught up in dmg meters or dps as a whole, but rather with holding off enemies long enough for ur team to react. Its also great for training foresight on enemy movements and how to bait out attacks / feign them

Stop being scared and run EOTS and AB like do 4 games 2 of each. Being organized and calling out and group runs will be awesome in AB its upsetting that WSG is still being ran sometimes. 15 man this s**t!

Though I know you are mre focused on the fact u have to balance and have enough people and subs to run 15m aswell.

*Slowly raises hand in the back of a screaming group of people*
Then nervously says, "Can we host on a weekday that's not Friday, please?"

That would be a problem for me, i could organize this kind of event but i may not take part, as i have school Monday-Friday.

That would be a problem for me, i could organize this kind of event but i may not take part, as i have school Monday-Friday.

You attend school at 6pm?

Even though I haven't been able to participate yet, I think Arathi Basin would be a nice change of pace. I find games in the gulch to be Uber boring.

I feel like running 10v10 AB / EotS would give it more of a RBG feel........... Kinda.

Guess with just the numbers, I don't know.

*Slowly raises hand in the back of a screaming group of people*
Then nervously says, "Can we host on a weekday that's not Friday, please?"

Quietly raises hand and nervously adds to this request: "Can it be held at Australian evening time?"

Jk, no chance. It's about 2am Pacific time when I'm logged on.

You kids run along and have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread