EU+US 100-109 Soloing & PvE thread

So I have a 101DK, I am curious with the ilvl scaling if it's still worth having / using a 101 twink in legion? I use to destroy mobs left and right for farming, or even solo some dungeons, has anyone had issues since patch 7.2? I really only us it for soloing old content and farming legion stuffs. I haven't had a chance to wander about in 7.2 yet but this ilvl scaling I read about kinda got me vexed.

101 enh shaman killed Gruul normal in BRF.
Might be one of the easier bosses but was still a bit harsh on heroic so did it on normal :<

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Críxìs/simple

aBhh0qt.jpg

What class is better for soloing older content BM hunter or blood DK.

I have both at 100 (neither have ring) so trying to decide which would be better. BM comes with it own tank (pet) and better damage. Blood DK would just be solid and could take an absolute beating

I have both at 100 (neither have ring) so trying to decide which would be better. BM comes with it own tank (pet) and better damage. Blood DK would just be solid and could take an absolute beating
If you're talking about a 101 twink, Blood DK is all but invincible but DPS isn't impressive. BM Hunter has considerably more DPS while still have the ability to Tank Bosses, just not to the face-roll easy-button level of Blood DK's.

How well does the bm hunter pet tank? Is the survivability good?

I read that leech for a bm hunter causes the pet to heal itself? That would help with survivability if true.

I'm leaning more towards bm hunter at this stage simply for the damage

To put it this way, my 110 Hunter sitting in 846 Gear (my solo'ing Gear due to Leech, Speed and Avoidance) with 7.86% Leech, I can solo the 50 mil Health Rares with zero issues. Sure it takes me a bit to drop them but my Pet, set to Tenacity, never has any worry of dying. I do roll Mend Pet on CD though, it also heals me too. I was also able to handle 4-5 of the Elites in the 3-Player Scenario on Stage 3 of each Assault without much issue. If you use a Turtle then you have it even easier, I always use a Spirit Beast for the added heal that I have macro'd to heal me.

Ok I get that for 110, but I'm only talking about 101 twinking.
Sorry, thought I made that clear using a 110 as reference. A 101 would be infinitely stronger than a 110 wearing 846 Gear, comparing at Level content. Does that help?

For anything that's difficult to survive, Blood DK wins. For anything that requires high dps, BM hunter wins.

I've solo'ed most of HFC heroic on both classes and for the most part, it felt easier on the hunter just because of how fast things died. Having a pet tank means you can solo Zakuun (otherwise he resets) and it doesn't matter if your tank dies (which it does a lot due to high boss damage) as you can ress it within ~2 secs (which isn't the case if you ARE the tank!). Hunter's can also use the Mirror of the Blademaster trinket which is required for soloing Archimonde, to prevent him resetting when you get sent to the nether.

There's a lot I solo'ed on my Blood DK that I probably couldn't do on my hunter though, like Tectus mythic or Blackhand heroic, just because of the high damage you have to heal through.

[Mythic] Warlords of Draenor Dungeons

Arcane Mage 806|769|14 +16% Leech
[Bloodmaul Slag Mines] clear
[The Everbloom] clear
[Shadowmoon Burial Grounds] clear
[Upper Blackrock Spire] clear

Hellfire Citadel (mythic)
- Got Iron Reaver down on my DK after many attempts (very close on the enrage timer!)
- Best try on Kormrok was about 30% but the magic damage from the explosive runes combined with the tank debuff just hits way too hard to survive any longer (died to 7.2mil damage)

Blackrock Foundry (heroic)
- Bursted down Iron Maidens which I was missing from before due to lack of dps.

Highmaul (mythic)
- Brackenspore was a big pain in the ass because I hate using that stupid flamethrower, so I gave up. He could probably be solo'ed but it won't be by me :p
- Got Twin Ogron to about 35% which was a surprise - I wasn't expecting to survive past the first enfeebling roar (+700% damage taken) but I did, all the way to the 2nd one which stacks to +1400% and kills me
- Imperator..... spent 3+ hours attempting him and got Cho'gall to 5% several times. Kept dying to too much damage towards the end (whilst being unable to heal) so I'm gonna need a bit more dps.

Users who are viewing this thread