10.0 Predictions/Discussion

I imagine we'll probably get access to The Maw and ... Bastion(?) and thats it.

vet accounts will be able to do threads of fate most likely, and it's POSSIBLE (unlikely) that we'll get Covenant Abilities (they may be locked at high level though)

The overall talent revamp is good for the twink community and the ability to save/change different loadouts could mean we can do some minor counter plays in bg i.e. when checking the enemy lineup, if they have healers, consider changing into a loadout with more cc/interrupts.

IMO, some of the covenant abilities have become so iconic. It would be sad to see deathknight without abom limbs, paladins without divine toll and spriest without mindgames. Conversely, I can't imagine Demon hunter + night fae being allowed in any non-end game bracket; they are just too good in flag maps. Soulbinds will be legacy effects, just like how they treat the artifact weapons/azerite powers.

I want to have covenant abilities equally as much as I dont want them. The idea of 10vs10 boomies casting convoke seems hilarious tho and I will take it over hunters any day

SL moved to Chromie time, Hope 20's can get in maw quests.
3:50 in.
Interesting find. Thanks for sharing.
Really promising how u can now go to 60 in any X-Pac via Chromie.
Fairly certain covenants will be level gated though, like the Heart of Azeroth stuff.
Though would be nice to get more stuff at 20….. ie Shipyard, BFA Missions, World Quests etc.
Could be a potentially big upgrade from what SL’s already did for us.

Though would be nice to get more stuff at 20….. ie Shipyard, BFA Missions, World Quests etc. Could be a potentially big upgrade from what SL’s already did for us.

I'm curious what are you looking forward in shipyard? From my testing, F2P garrison provides consistent/passive materials, resource, gold, oil etc. Legion resource has a much lower ceiling compared to garrison resources, so its limited from what you can achieve. Haven't tested BFA mission tables, but seems to run into the same issue as Legion (limited resource generation)

I'm curious what are you looking forward in shipyard? From my testing, F2P garrison provides consistent/passive materials, resource, gold, oil etc. Legion resource has a much lower ceiling compared to garrison resources, so its limited from what you can achieve. Haven't tested BFA mission tables, but seems to run into the same issue as Legion (limited resource generation)
It’s more the fact that I want full access to Garrison - Shipyard - Class Hall etc rather than getting cut off due to level restriction.
I never really explored the Shipyard to its full potential. I quit end game before I had one, then, when I subbed up for a month to sort out my Vet I got the shipyard on my old main but didn’t make full use of it.
I recall some items being awarded was raid gear, and it was more challenging to get the right boats than when doing Garrison missions.
I have to admit, it’s a little sad….. but I love doing Garrison Missions that award armor or weapons. Even though lvl 40, I love seeing if they proc a socket or tert. Yeah, sad I know, but would love if that gear would scale to ur level.
One can only hope.

I think we're reading a little too much into the "expansions now scale to 60" news insofar as changes for old zones. There is plenty of content in each expansion to take people to 60 at the current 10-49 leveling rate. They'll just increase that to 10-59 without changing any of the zone/dungeon/etc. floors. That's the path of least resistance for an understaffed dev team.

With that said, as others mentioned, opening SL will likely provide another farming spot for 20s to get socket/tert gear, and possibly a new spot for F2Ps to farm ilvl28 gear.

I'm very interested to see how Blizzard plans to scale item level. Will 48 and above suddenly get SL-item-level scaling in all zones? That's an awkward jump, but I don't see how Blizzard can do it any other way. Will Blizzard remember to scale down non-stat parts of SL gear like trinket procs for 20s? An unscaled Rotbriar Sprout proc will be hilarious in 20 BGs for a day or eight.

Which maw quests did you have your eye on? I figure 20s will get access to SL and Threads of Fate, which roughly correlates to what 50s get access to now.

I never really explored the Shipyard to its full potential. I quit end game before I had one, then, when I subbed up for a month to sort out my Vet I got the shipyard on my old main but didn’t make full use of it.
I recall some items being awarded was raid gear, and it was more challenging to get the right boats than when doing Garrison missions.
Correct, there is reward of raid gear, mats, x2 heirloom rings and the "captain" title. Sadly the title doesn't apply to 20s.

I have to admit, it’s a little sad….. but I love doing Garrison Missions that award armor or weapons. Even though lvl 40, I love seeing if they proc a socket or tert. Yeah, sad I know, but would love if that gear would scale to ur level.One can only hope.
Yeah, it could be worth speculating on those lootable armor/weapon/trinket/neck piece
https://www.wowhead.com/item=114109/munificent-armament?bonus=0 You can get the missions as 20s, they are item level44, but when you create these items, they above lvl20 req. But who knows... SL could scale these down or be the next GF gear

3:50 in.

Other sources - MrGM and Icy-Veins.

I guess you need to have acess to the Maw to do some parts of the main Shadowlands campaign (but they might just lock that out, similarly to the Class Hall campaign).

I suspect the Shadowland zones will have static level requirements, that might open up when you enter the Threads of Fate? ('cause that makes the continent function similarly to the Broken Isles).

I think we're reading a little too much into the "expansions now scale to 60" news insofar as changes for old zones. There is plenty of content in each expansion to take people to 60 at the current 10-49 leveling rate. They'll just increase that to 10-59 without changing any of the zone/dungeon/etc. floors. That's the path of least resistance for an understaffed dev team.

Yeah probably. I'm dreaming I know but if somehow upper blackrock spire from WOD becomes available to 20's I'm instantly making a fury warrior for 2 x https://www.wowhead.com/item=118740/bleakblade-of-shahram?bonus=6710 . Idk if the proc would scale or not but it's something like
I used to have 2 x https://www.wowhead.com/item=12592/blackblade-of-shahram on a 59 twink warrior. The dmg was insane. Think I got up to +250 stats before the stacks started to fade.

I'd love if they made tbc/wrath heroic dungeons restricted by ilvl not lvl, ideally from 25ilvl, even if new items would bump stats by 1. Obviously they won't do it but thats my little dream

Reactions: Bop
I had this thought too. Oh, you get a talent tree! But wait, it takes 5 points in my spec tree to get Sudden Death and 5 points in my class tree to snag pummel. So... ok, nothing changed. At level 20 I'm choosing between Skullsplitter and Sudden Death still.

But then they talked about how the class tree would get "starter points" for free and I think that opened up the realm of interesting talent choices for us. So I'm remaining optimistic here. It's also worth remembering that they arent designing these trees with us in mind. So whether or not they work out for 20, its still a really good move for end game.
Same here, I'm cautiously snorting hopium for now, but in reality the expansion (both for twinks and normal gameplay) is likely to be the same if not slightly worse than Shadowlands because that's the pattern we've followed for the last two expansions

If we're talking about daydreams now...

1. Have Blizzard decide: you know what, fuck it. And standardize gear from leveling. Ideally, this would mean you could convert marks of honor (or maybe honor currency?) into Recruit items. Maybe even upgrade them to epic or to scale with your level somehow. Just make it so that you can have competitive gear for PvP while leveling. Sort of like Recruit farming last expansion - but take the random crate drops out of the equation and just make it a token turn in. I'd honestly like to see them do the same thing for dungeon drops - have bosses drop tokens that you can turn in at major cities associated with the expansion. Can have rare tokens and Rare/Upgrade (epic?) tokens. So you can turn in an upgrade token to add a socket or tert randomly to your dungeon drop. This would make life so good, haha.

2. Maybe lower the raid level requirement...

Scaling everything 1-60 could break stuff for 20s. All the zones that scale below 60 have to be readjusted. TBC is 10, 15, 20, 25 to 30. Could easily become 1, 15, 30, 45 to 60. Or something similar. It just depends how they do it, they might not wanna set too high of a level cap on zones or something. It's not hard for them to change that so it will probably change.

Each XPAC has a different # of zones and a different story etc. so some wonky shit may happen, may lose some content, may gain some.

That + whatever shit our small indie overlords break in the process, which will be plenty of shit because it always is.

My wish is the same as it's always been: sick epic weapons for my rogue

I hope we will get some of the shadowlands content, but I presume covenant abilities will be locked somehow.

I really hope most of the current twink gear will still be BiS in 10.0. I don't think there will be better alternatives to BC socket gear, maybe if they nerf them or completely revamp the system at 20.

The talent system however... i don't know what to think about it yet, but it will bring some interesting stuff. It can be a huge impact on the 20 bracket.

If SL happens for twinks then at best bis items shift will involve rings, cloaks, some trinkets and necks (last one would be huge, cuz it would potentially mean socketed necks)
I actually think SL will mirror Legion, giving us all 4 zones & all 4 'leveling' dungeons. This may invite ilvl28 farms to move to SL ( though I don't know where, yet ) the 4 dungeons will expand the 'proc-able' gear selection available to us, & a few spiffy trinks ( unless they get the Legion nerf-bludgeoning ) & perhaps a socketed/tert https://www.wowhead.com/item=178754/poxstorm-longsword-of-pestilence?bonus=20:1501 which could be a new BiS option for Agi-sword users.
The real juicy stuff will be world drops/ rare farms.
While 'treasures' are only lootable once, the rares may be famred daily, & some of them have some real treats, https://www.wowhead.com/item=179927/glowing-endmire-stinger?bonus=6935 , https://www.wowhead.com/item=175711/slumberwood-band?bonus=2025:1461 being perhaps the most outstanding; but any of them may proc a tert & gemslot.
Alternately, even if we only get Bastion, it'll still be an excellent choice for farming. I don't know if it will overtake Legion farms, as we generally don't need weapons to clutter up our gear farms, & they'd be dropping at unuseable levels anyways... unless THAT aggrivating modification is altered! ( One may pray! )

Last edited:
What plans might Blizzard have, that would make a focus on UI change suddenly so important when the UI didn't change for almost two decades? Especially changes that concern alleviating "screen crowding"? There was absolutely no need to do these kinds of updates to the UI...if WoW were going to remain PC-only.

Lookee here what popped up in my Youtube feed:

Multiple options to significantly reduce the need for a mouse!

If softtarget scroll-clicking becomes a thing, we're gonna have a patch where chaff toys also become a thing on flag maps.

Users who are viewing this thread