10.0 Predictions/Discussion

if you plan to spend a lot of time doing testing on PTR, track your time, you can get in touch with me for compensation. I will put aside $1000 USD for this expansion. most of this money will go to the 1~2 people that not only does the research but also spend time to show me what to do (so that I don't have to do any reading, but just to follow instructions over discord/teamviewer/anydesk, once the pre-patch is live), if there is any left over funding, it will go to everyone else that spend time testing things out.

I will put aside $1000 USD for this expansion. most of this money will go to the 1~2 people that not only does the research but also spend time to show me what to do
Would you be willing to negotiate on that price considering how intransigent you've proven to be about being told how to do things in the past? I can't imagine trying to walk the Rivendare-Sword-Is-BIS-For-Hpals guy through the PTR and explain to him why and how various changes are important or what to look for in regards to Day 1 for whats going to amount to less than $10 an hour.

if you plan to spend a lot of time doing testing on PTR, track your time, you can get in touch with me for compensation. I will put aside $1000 USD for this expansion. most of this money will go to the 1~2 people that not only does the research but also spend time to show me what to do (so that I don't have to do any reading, but just to follow instructions over discord/teamviewer/anydesk, once the pre-patch is live), if there is any left over funding, it will go to everyone else that spend time testing things out.

An opportunity to both help fund the website/discord, and get information out to all twinks.

Would you be willing to negotiate on that price considering how intransigent you've proven to be about being told how to do things in the past? I can't imagine trying to walk the Rivendare-Sword-Is-BIS-For-Hpals guy through the PTR and explain to him why and how various changes are important or what to look for in regards to Day 1 for whats going to amount to less than $10 an hour.

it's one thing to try to be unique when i am enjoying the game in my own free time.

it's different when there is a limited timeframe to get something done (like for example, i44 neck), especially if the person i am sponsoring is getting paid by his time.

it's different when there is a limited timeframe to get something done (like for example, i44 neck), especially if the person i am sponsoring is getting paid by his time.
I was merely asking if you'd be willing to negotiate the price because at my standard personal training rate, your retainer would cover 8 hours. Which isn't nearly enough.

So are you flexible in that rate? Or are you hoping for someone to seriously undervalue their time and expertise?

I was merely asking if you'd be willing to negotiate the price because at my standard personal training rate, your retainer would cover 8 hours. Which isn't nearly enough.

So are you flexible in that rate? Or are you hoping for someone to seriously undervalue their time and expertise?
I seen people pay more for less for exclusive things or one time things that's pretty sweet deal for 8hrs

when there is a bounty, people can decide if it's worth their time. there is no "negotiation".

maybe it's not worth your time because you make so much per hour, but it may not be as bad for someone else.

At the risk of going too far off topic, (this looks to be better suited for the general trade channel instead) I think you're talking apples and oranges with regards to market demand. Your standard personal training rate, my standard tech consulting rate, Glance's standard actuarial rate and other out-of-game examples are going to benefit from a much higher market demand. A specific job within a niche within (again) a particular game, regardless of depth of expertise, isn't going to command anywhere near the same prices. As @Grimzee intimated, valuable BoEs may net a million gold, but that's $75-100 in terms of WoW tokens, and most of those valuable items took significantly beyond an hour to obtain. We could raise the gold price by an order of magnitude and still not come close to a living wage for some items.

Back on topic...I'll be surprised if the Alpha contains Shadowlands scaling. I figure 58-70 in Dragonflight will be ready for testing, Shadowlands scaling will come in Beta, and Alpha will simply see all the other Chromie Time expansions going to 60 with no changes in any of the level floors of the zones in previous expansions. That said, I was dead wrong about Shadowlands not scaling in the first place. It sounds like we'll know soon.

A specific job within a niche within (again) a particular game, regardless of depth of expertise, isn't going to command anywhere near the same prices. As @Grimzee intimated, valuable BoEs may net a million gold, but that's $75-100 in terms of WoW tokens, and most of those valuable items took significantly beyond an hour to obtain. We could raise the gold price by an order of magnitude and still not come close to a living wage for some items.
oh just let me engage in a little reducio ad absurdum :p

Glance is offering a grand for information that is all willingly and publicly posted for free on the forums/discord almost the minute its discovered. Something he undoubtedly knows. ilvl 49s, the GF'ing of said ilvl 49s, ilvl 59 quest rewards, ilvl 44 dungeon gear, etc were all known and publicly discussed and shared the instant they were discovered.

Its an absurd proposition. He knows this. We know this. He just wants the attention. I'm bored enough to give it to him right now. Honestly, shame on me for that. Not for playing fast and loose with real world vs game world value judgements.

i am very busy these days, cannot spend time to keep up with these (it's actually a lot of work to be on top of everything, how many people have i49? how many people have i44? how many people have i35? how many people have all 3?).

just want to be able to set aside 7~8 hours on day 1 / a couple hours a day during the first week, and get it over with.

I'm bored enough to give it to him right now. Honestly, shame on me for that. Not for playing fast and loose with real world vs game world value judgements.

I'm stuck at work waiting for software to load, and no new WoW news to break down. You get your reducio ad absurdium, I get my overextrapolated analysis. :p

For the record, I think Glance is serious on this, and separating the wheat from the chaff when it comes to early information can pose a time-consuming challenge. Regardless of how it plays out, everybody wins.

Glance is offering a grand for information that is all willingly and publicly posted for free on the forums/discord almost the minute its discovered.

Paywall the forums. It's time. I'll accept a 15% royalty for my contribution

honestly speaking, you get what you pay for in life.

the time spent trying to get the equivalent of paid content for free/less is usually better spent making money (even if the activity is something basic like uber delivery)

… after reading a few messages above, is sort of why I’m glad I’ve decided to hang out more on discord than here.

Also, from reading some of the alpha notes. Looks like bfa is still default time line and more zones outside of sl might pop up for us.

instead of paying someone to play test ptr for you why not jsut wait a couple of weeks for the super broken items to get nerfed then start playing again?

As previously stated. The current Gfd stuff was not meticulously planned by big brain PTR testers.

The stuff tested on PTR went out the window on go-live day and the good stuff were happy accidents.

none of it was tested prior on ptr.

so what are you paying for?
[doublepost=1651093861,1651092791][/doublepost]You bet your ass as soon as alpha ptr is up, I’m there.

I don’t think I played the last month of BFA while SL prepatch ptr was up

Also, from reading some of the alpha notes. Looks like bfa is still default time line and more zones outside of sl might pop up for us.
Just to keep this thread on track, i saw the first part on a Bellular video today (Bfa remaining the default timeline). What makes you think more zones will be accessible? Also, would you mind linking these alpha notes, please? Thx!

The stuff tested on PTR went out the window on go-live day and the good stuff were happy accidents.
thats not... entirely true. People knew about ilvl 49 weapons (and that theyd be GF'd quite early) and they knew about ilvl 59 azerite quest rewards. iirc things like engineering gun helms and stuff was known too.

That said, yea. Like, if you look at it now it seems like folks had insider information but really, most of us threw a lot of shit at the wall and some of it stuck. People made lucky and unlucky guesses about what would and wouldnt get GF'd/nerfed, when it would happen and to what extent. If you played pre-patch AND the ptr, you had a heads up on some stuff (like getting GF'd nitro boost) but we also tried to spread that as wide as we could too. But stuff like V-Day necks? some folks were like "wonder if theyll remember to scale holiday stuff" but noone really knew it was coming until it was already here. It was just luck. And its been sheer luck that it got GFd instead of nerfed.

With rare exception, most people here arent here to gatekeep this stuff.
i saw the first part on a Bellular video today (Bfa remaining the default timeline). What makes you think more zones will be accessible? Also, would you mind linking these alpha notes, please? Thx!
he's just referring to the same interviews everyones read already. BFA remains new player experience, players leveling alts will get to choose their expansion and SL will be one of those expansions so *maybe* level 20s get access to some of it.

Users who are viewing this thread