10.0 Predictions/Discussion

"oh god Im going to have to choose between hamstring and pummel!"

Which, honestly, fair.

Blizz PvP logic: pummel is useless against hunters, so pummel is not necessary below cap. Hamstring level 1 talent.

Pummel level 65 talent option.

:Sadge:

I think people went nuts about the "convinient" talent choices in this thread. I think what blizzard meant by that was things like monk's ring of peace or damage reduction after spending chi, warlock's soul leech and howl of terror etc. They dont increase dmg anyhow, they are already existing as talents yet they feel like part of the kit and that's what they may be on about

gold glance.png

@glancealot if you're going to waste 7k real dollars at the expense of farming virtual currency, at least increase the rates you are willing to give people for doing their due diligence about telling you the correct gear for holy paladins.

That's just it -- Revendreth treasures currently don't have higher level requirements on them, which is why 49s pursue them. That's what Blizz needs to fix before DF or we'll get a week or eight of low level characters running around in ilvl 128-140 gear.

if you could get a level 20 into Revendreth today, they could likely loot those chests.

A quick followup on this: I finally got a Revendreth treasure to drop an item for my 59, confirming ilvl 146 for those as well, which means ilvl 158 for epic procs like the rest of SL. Took a daggone week for that to drop. Anyway, that same item drops at ilvl 128 for my 49, ilvl 140 if it were to proc epic. In both cases, Threads of Fate was active. I don't understand why Revendreth treasures have such a small variation in ilvl between 49s and 59s compared to the other SL zones, but the variation exists nonetheless, so some kind of scaling is going on. That's at least somewhat hopeful for not breaking 20s in Dragonflight.

Here's a question for people who know the history of expansion releases very well...

About how long should we expect to wait until more information on the talent trees is released? That's pretty much all I'm updating WoWhead for at the moment.

Can't wait for BM hunters to get buffed with the new system. Arcane shot / cobra shot / raptor will be baseline in the same way that regrowth is baseline for druids. The 2 'free' points in the class tree will be kill command and barbed shot. Everything after that (11 points) is just a bonus. I honestly think all 3 specs of hunter will be more powerful. Although maybe they'll lose their interrupt in order to get max damage.

Can't wait for BM hunters to get buffed with the new system. Arcane shot / cobra shot / raptor will be baseline in the same way that regrowth is baseline for druids. The 2 'free' points in the class tree will be kill command and barbed shot. Everything after that (11 points) is just a bonus. I honestly think all 3 specs of hunter will be more powerful. Although maybe they'll lose their interrupt in order to get max damage.
Kill command and barbed shot would fuck up mm rotation or just straight up make him literally just bm hunter so I don't think that they will touch it at all. What worries me more is that they can do the MoP style mm where after 3 steady shots you get instant aimed

Kill command and barbed shot would fuck up mm rotation or just straight up make him literally just bm hunter so I don't think that they will touch it at all

Well a resto druid gets rejuv and swiftmend 'free' in the class tree. I don't see what else a BM hunter would get for free in the class tree. The entire point of the new system is to enable hybrid specs again so I think it's possible that a MM hunter could have kill command and barbed shot.

Resto druids can also get moonkin form for 6 ponts in the class tree. After the free swiftmend it's a 2 point node + a 3 point node + moonkin form for 6 points total. You can only cast moonfire and wrath though lol. Not enough points for starfire / sunfire / starsurge.
UCEXPGW.png

Last edited:
Well a resto druid gets rejuv and swiftmend 'free' in the class tree. I don't see what else a BM hunter would get for free in the class tree. The entire point of the new system is to enable hybrid specs again so I think it's possible that a MM hunter could have kill command and barbed shot.

Resto druids can also get moonkin form for 6 ponts in the class tree.
The thing is the healing spells used to be druid-wide for almost entirety of wow until legion. And since then you had an option to still pick it from the talents, because it doesnt collide with the way druid works (boomy can get onstant heal with the buff that makes next spell instant, feral gets instant cast after spending 5 combo etc). All the hunters had in common until legion was bow, pet and arcane shot. And in most cases that is still a thing

All the hunters had in common until legion was bow, pet and arcane shot. And in most cases that is still a thing

I know what you're saying but things are (probably) changing. What possible other skills would a BM hunter get for free in the class tree?

I know what you're saying but things are (probably) changing. What possible other skills would a BM hunter get for free in the class tree?
Maybe (and hopefully) they will move aspects there, concussive shot etc. Besides, keep in mind not every class can be made into hybrid. Same thing goes with rogue. Unless i'm wrong and we're gonna see assa rogues with pistol shot and killing spree

Resto druids can also get moonkin form for 6 ponts in the class tree. After the free swiftmend it's a 2 point node + a 3 point node + moonkin form for 6 points total. You can only cast moonfire and wrath though lol. Not enough points for starfire / sunfire / starsurge.
UCEXPGW.png
lol

Users who are viewing this thread