10.0 Predictions/Discussion

-_- are they really going to make this game automatic play now?

because I’ve seen games go down this road before…

Providing additional simplified interface options that could have been macro'd anyway sits far afield from automating the game. If anything, soft targeting will make targeting more complex (not harder, but rather more complex) when you don't want to hit the nearest target.

Edit: macro'd outside of the WoW interface, to be clear.

Providing additional simplified interface options that could have been macro'd anyway sits far afield from automating the game. If anything, soft targeting will make targeting more complex (not harder, but rather more complex) when you don't want to hit the nearest target.

Edit: macro'd outside of the WoW interface, to be clear.

I’d take it you haven’t seen Lego mindstorm automations then. All you need is the right combination of macros, inputs from the Lego robot, and the balance of the new/old systems that will be in place if they’re all added in df.

(I can’t find the old pvp nelf jumping using the Lego for the keyboard, so here’s a video from a different game but should give the same logic that I’m pointing out)

I’d take it you haven’t seen Lego mindstorm automations then. All you need is the right combination of macros, inputs from the Lego robot, and the balance of the new/old systems that will be in place if they’re all added in df.

(I can’t find the old pvp nelf jumping using the Lego for the keyboard, so here’s a video from a different game but should give the same logic that I’m pointing out)

I'm at a loss as to how a lego system that couldn't surpass a human in any task other than click speed in contrived minigames that offer much less complexity than WoW, has any bearing on automating WoW target selection in any meaningful way.

I'm at a loss as to how a lego system that couldn't surpass a human in any task other than click speed in contrived minigames that offer much less complexity than WoW
Bots are becoming more advanced by the day. as long as there’s some sort of competitive seen, people are going to find easier ways to get to the top than wait X amount of minutes of their time farming stuff.

Lego minestorms is just one way that I thought of how to automate using some of those systems above, it isn’t the best option to be honest. Just one that I thought of at the time.

Also, there’s other games out there that have 0 targeting systems and just as popular with these automatic bots in them. Minecraft 2b2t baritone bots is one such example.

has any bearing on automating WoW target selection in any meaningful way.
If I’m rereading these new systems correctly, the soft target system is an option. In other words, people can still automate to have the current bots wonder around just as they’ve been doing for the past few years.

Like how this one guy’s rant 8 years ago is still relevant in today’s timeframe with the current bots in game.

Last edited:
Bots are becoming more advanced by the day. as long as there’s some sort of competitive seen, people are going to find easier ways to get to the top than wait X amount of minutes of their time farming stuff.

Lego minestorms is just one way that I thought of how to automate using some of those systems above, it isn’t the best option to be honest. Just one that I thought of at the time.

Also, there’s other games out there that have 0 targeting systems and just as popular with these automatic bots in them. Minecraft 2b2t baritone bots is one such example.

If I’m rereading these new systems correctly, the soft target system is an option. In other words, people can still automate to have the current bots wonder around just as they’ve been doing for the past few years.

Like how this one guy’s rant 8 years ago is still relevant in today’s timeframe with the current bots in game.
Have you seen how bots act in wow after like 16 years? You will have druid pull one mob with wrath as a feral druid, get hit once and cast rejuvenation. Wow fanbase is far too lazy to program that kind of shit

Have you seen how bots act in wow after like 16 years? You will have druid pull one mob with wrath as a feral druid, get hit once and cast rejuvenation. Wow fanbase is far too lazy to program that kind of shit
Why make it more complex than farming ghost Iron ore in valley of the four winds.

Have you seen how bots act in wow after like 16 years?
I’ve seen bots from just casting renew on self while in one place to grab flag while firing basic attacks to even elite no scope hard to detect in a match.

here’s my counter question for ya, have you seen a modern CoD bot?

Wow fanbase is far too lazy to program that kind of shit
Then explain why people in the varieties of classic complaining about how bots are ruining the game.

I’ve seen bots from just casting renew on self while in one place to grab flag while firing basic attacks to even elite no scope hard to detect in a match.

here’s my counter question for ya, have you seen a modern CoD bot?

Then explain why people in the varieties of classic complaining about how bots are ruining the game.
Bots in classic are powerfarming, again nothing complicated. And in retail pvp bots will do useless shit like stoneform on serpent sting. This is far from threatening

This is far from threatening
*Yet

but ok, I’ll drop the subject. Since you clearly know more about coding than I do.

see y’all on this site in a month or 2.

I'd love it if Blizzard made PvP bots to brawl against. Make it like the DPS/Tank/Healer challenges from MoP.

Step into an arena with scaled gear, select the difficulty, choose the comps. Have an option for 1v1 NPC duels to function as Pv"P" target dummies. Fun :PepeComfy:

I tell you, every time a new development comes out, I feel better and better about the attention Blizzard puts into the foundation of WoW gameplay. Check this baby out:

"As noted above, PvP talents shine when they lean into gameplay scenarios that are very unique to PvP. One example of a new PvP talent is one Shaman players may have already noticed, Precognition - If an interrupt is used on you while you are not casting, gain 15% Haste and become immune to control effects for 4 seconds. In this week’s build, all caster DPS and healer specializations will have Precognition as an available PvP talent. This talent is intended to elevate the importance of fake-casting gameplay. We look forward to your feedback on it."

I don't know yet if there will be any brackets worth playing on retail, but what a great piece of news!

Edit: source is https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-beta-development-notes/1278546/10

I tell you, every time a new development comes out, I feel better and better about the attention Blizzard puts into the foundation of WoW gameplay. Check this baby out:

"As noted above, PvP talents shine when they lean into gameplay scenarios that are very unique to PvP. One example of a new PvP talent is one Shaman players may have already noticed, Precognition - If an interrupt is used on you while you are not casting, gain 15% Haste and become immune to control effects for 4 seconds. In this week’s build, all caster DPS and healer specializations will have Precognition as an available PvP talent. This talent is intended to elevate the importance of fake-casting gameplay. We look forward to your feedback on it."

I don't know yet if there will be any brackets worth playing on retail, but what a great piece of news!

Edit: source is https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/dragonflight-beta-development-notes/1278546/10
im-in-dange-the-simpsons.gif

they will raise F2P cap to level 30 in DF (allow people to form parties and raids but still disable trading) just to let people experience all the level 30 raid content (that's mostly idle right now)

you heard it from me first.

they will raise F2P cap to level 30 in DF (allow people to form parties and raids but still disable trading) just to let people experience all the level 30 raid content (that's mostly idle right now)

you heard it from me first.
21 raids & every heroic dungeon + JV Flying?

They'd probably revert the XPOFF segregation first.

Users who are viewing this thread