EU+US zone scaling and gear drops?

Theres a reason this guy is anon.

I will give 100k gold on Argent dawn EU if someone can show me a 20-29 blue boe that EXCEEDS 35 - i may be anon but that doesn't make me wrong. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a blue boe above the item level of 35 in 20-29 and above 25 in 10-19

The MAX item level a blue boe can be in 10-19 is 25, the max blue boe in 20-29 is 35. Yep, some items can go }+8 +6 but seriously, it will never exceed 25 for 19s or 35 for 29s. The only current way to exceed that is through BOPs

I will give 100k gold on Argent dawn EU if someone can show me a 20-29 blue boe that EXCEEDS 35 - i may be anon but that doesn't make me wrong. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a blue boe above the item level of 35 in 20-29 and above 25 in 10-19

The MAX item level a blue boe can be in 10-19 is 25, the max blue boe in 20-29 is 35. Yep, some items can go }+8 +6 but seriously, it will never exceed 25 for 19s or 35 for 29s. The only current way to exceed that is through BOPs

Also to add one more thing - this is not unique to 19 or 29 - in 30-39 a blue boe can not exceed 45. in the 49s a blue boe can not exceed 55. The only thing that exceeds that now are epics in those bracket, be it an instance epic such as the dagger from Maurodon or w/e its called or items like ironfoe which scale 6 past the 45 or 55 in those brackets at max level.

This change to epics though did NOT effect either the valentines necklace or the 2h epic sword which you can get in ZF.

And once more I would love to be proven wrong because I have been having great fun researching these new item scalings since the last patch and I would love to be proven wrong so my investigation can continue, but in regards to max blue boes etc, I believe this IS final.

I believe you are correct. I posted this in another thread awhile ago. I believe that this is a fairly accurate assessment of how scaling ilevels work below 60.

(x<6)

World Drop BoE Weapon epics drop at x8 and x3 required levels and will be +13 ilevels over the required level.

World Drop BoE Armor epics drop at x7 and x2 required levels and will be +13 ilevels over the required level.

Instance/Mob Specific epics drop at the player's current level as the required level and will be +12 ilevels over the required level.

World Drop BoE Weapon blues
drop at x7 and x2 required levels and will be +8 ilevels over the required level. (Max ilvl 35 @ level 29)

World Drop BoE Armor blues drop at x5 and x0 required levels and will be +8 ilevels over the required level. (Max ilvl 33 @ level 29)

Instance/Mob Specific blues drop at the player's current level as the required level and will be +6 ilevels over the required level. (Max ilvl 35 @ level 29)

(Also keep in mind that there are likely minimum required levels for certain drops.)

Last edited:
I believe you are correct. I posted this in another thread awhile ago. I believe that this is a fairly accurate assessment of how scaling ilevels work below 60.

(x<6)

World Drop BoE Weapon epics drop at x8 and x3 required levels and will be +13 ilevels over the required level.

World Drop BoE Armor epics drop at x7 and x2 required levels and will be +13 ilevels over the required level.

Instance/Mob Specific epics drop at the player's current level as the required level and will be +12 ilevels over the required level.

drop at x7 and x2 required levels and will be +8 ilevels over the required level. (Max ilvl 35 @ level 29)

World Drop BoE Armor blues drop at x5 and x0 required levels and will be +8 ilevels over the required level. (Max ilvl 33 @ level 29)

Instance/Mob Specific blues drop at the player's current level as the required level and will be +6 ilevels over the required level. (Max ilvl 35 @ level 29)

(Also keep in mind that there are likely minimum required levels for certain drops.)

Thank you however I am confused about what you mean by drop at x8 x3, what do you mean by this?

(x<6)

What u mention seems to be the majority of cases. I still find there are some outliers.
On the AH on my server I found some purples that were ilvl 41 and required lvl 36. One I recall was a sword, can’t remember the 2nd item of the same level and requirement.
Have u worked out the rule of thumb for green items?
I’m still trying to get my head around it all, though I am seeing some general patterns.

i was grouping with a buncha ppl in hopes of farming hinterlands
and my internet mysteriously cut out pretty early in the farm
the few of my own findings and what they reported
in zones designated for lvls 30-60 green boes scale down to 26 mostly
you get 21 sometimes

so if farming low lvl green boes for mogs
best to do it in zones marked 25-60

dont even feel like trying to figure out the math behind that
maybe its just an imposed minimum requirement
in stead of some equation

Gnomer is just an awesome place for 20's looking for mogs. Heaps of greens drop from trash mobs.
General rule for Gnomer greens on a 20 :-
Armour - ilvl 19, usable lvl 16
Weapon - ilvl 23, usable lvl 20
upload_2018-2-20_23-32-16.png
upload_2018-2-20_23-32-39.png

upload_2018-2-20_23-33-0.png
upload_2018-2-20_23-33-19.png

upload_2018-2-20_23-37-17.png

The Cavaliar Sword has +5 Ag which matches my BG Blue Weapon!
Also, when your lucky enough to get a world Blue BoE drop, it scales ilvl 28, usable by 20. Though, I think it may be only for Blue Armour, as the only weapon I got (wand) was out of reach for a 20.
upload_2018-2-20_23-36-37.png
upload_2018-2-20_23-39-45.png
upload_2018-2-20_23-40-6.png

I'm yet to get an actual Blue Gnomer rare. I'd like to see what it scales.......

i remember briefly mentioning this in another thread
they are probably some of the fanciest cloaks available to starter edition players

i farmed many hours fwitha lvl 110 for the ilvl 28 items and the lvl 110 got many blue boe´s while my lvl 20 got not a single one...
from where did you get the drop?

Dungeons are the best place to farm ilvl 28 blue BoE’s. Gnomer probably has the best chance of a blue in comparison with other dungeons. Most trash mobs have a chance to drop a blue (low, but still a chance).
Try doing it just on a 20, rather than bringing the 110.

there was a theory for farming legion boes and how to scale them down to lower levels but i cant find the thread. might have been lost in the coup, but does anyone remember how it went or tried it yet?

going in the opposite direction

had a 100 with me
his boes look like this

because the items is a vanilla item
and dropped from a vanilla mob
it tops out at ilvl 65 with clvl req of 57
the +8 we are used to seeing

he also got a green

this one is interesting
its +4 green boe

Gnomer is just an awesome place for 20's looking for mogs. Heaps of greens drop from trash mobs.
General rule for Gnomer greens on a 20 :-
Armour - ilvl 19, usable lvl 16
Weapon - ilvl 23, usable lvl 20
From time to time, there seems to be some non-scaled green drops. Majority seem to follow the rule quoted above, but every so often a piece drops that doesn't seem to scale :-
The pieces below didn't seem to scale from Gnomer. It's strange, most scale, but then every so often a piece won't scale. This isn't from bosses, just trash mobs.
upload_2018-3-4_16-14-35.png

upload_2018-3-4_16-20-5.png

Anyone else notice that not all greens scale?

From time to time, there seems to be some non-scaled green drops. Majority seem to follow the rule quoted above, but every so often a piece drops that doesn't seem to scale :-
The pieces below didn't seem to scale from Gnomer. It's strange, most scale, but then every so often a piece won't scale. This isn't from bosses, just trash mobs.
View attachment 6970

View attachment 6971

Anyone else notice that not all greens scale?

Might be something to do with the random stats as opposed to a specific item like the blight cloak, and also what level you are compared to the original unscaled item?

Might be something to do with the random stats as opposed to a specific item like the blight cloak, and also what level you are compared to the original unscaled item?

no its not that
its more likely that certain items were added to the game during different expansions on different loot tables
so the scaling change of 7.3.5 only hit some of those loot tables
not all of them

because i have gotten the exact same item both scaled and non scaled
so based on how mobs and loot tables for mobs were added you may get same item in 2 different types

no its not that
its more likely that certain items were added to the game during different expansions on different loot tables
so the scaling change of 7.3.5 only hit some of those loot tables
not all of them

because i have gotten the exact same item both scaled and non scaled
so based on how mobs and loot tables for mobs were added you may get same item in 2 different types
So loot is based off of the mob and character level.

So loot is based off of the mob and character level.

yes
zone level has something to do with it too
scaling in lvl 15 zones is usually lvl req 13 with ilvl 16
if i go to lvl 25 zone i get mostly lvl req 16 with ilvl 19
with some lvl req 21 with ilvl 24

if you move to lvl 30 zones you mostly get lvl req 24 with ilvl 27

this is all as lvl a 20 toon

Users who are viewing this thread