XF2 Upgrade Feedback Thread

Let's keep this to a functionality/feature is broken thread shall we? we understand the colors aren't pretty...
"we understand the colors aren't pretty" isn't good enough, you should know what people like with the new ui and what people dont like. then, from there, you guys would choose what path to go forward. you don't want to be in a situation where you "fixed the colors", and people still don't like it because it changed what people liked/didn't change what people didnt like.

"we understand the colors aren't pretty" isn't good enough
I'm not saying they wont be fixed, dude... I'm saying I want to focus on FEATURE PARITY with the old site first...

Plus I'm busy fishing...

I'm not saying they wont be fixed, dude... I'm saying I want to focus on FEATURE PARITY with the old site first...

Plus I'm busy fishing...
This particular shade of brown bothers me and it’s site breaking
i'm just giving feedback on what i like/don't like. you guys can choose to act on my feedback or not, what's the problem here? if I don't find a problem with the feature parity, what feedback am I supposed to give?
Can’t seem to kekw someone’s post while on mobile
yeah, it seems they either removed reactions or just haven't added them yet.

1678047475968.png

can't read this

Feels like the new theme tries too hard to blow up the content instead of using padding, which messes with proportions too much.
This is definitely something we could look at. The margin looks solid on rather wide monitors but swapping the window between my 27 inch and my 22 inch, I can definitely see where it would look quite a bit too stretched on smaller viewports

That said, setting @media breakpoints is a fucking hassle in XF and also will, in a lot of ways, simply be personal preference.

All that's to say, we'll take a look at it. I think we can tweak it to not be quite as radical as it is

I haven't messed around with much feature wise, but looks wise I'm fine with it.
I would probably prefer black and gold or purple, but hey. I'm really not very picky.

Interested to see how it evolves. :)

Might just be my phone being weird but I noticed that on mobile if you go to a page then press back the loading bar at the top seems to keep looping forever.

**edit not sure if you have much access to the backend code but incase you do

Steps to reproduce:
1) go to homepage
2) go to any thread (like this one)
3) go back using phone's back button)
4) loading bar will loop

Also the lightning bolt image for the new post button seems like a strange choice especially since it's also used beside the notification bell icon for the profile. Using the same image for 2 different things might cause some confusion for users.

From a nitpicking POV to my eye the xp off logo on mobile footprint doesn't seem *horizontally centered correctly. I'll attach a pic with what I mean/see.

20230305_230957.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread