XF2 Upgrade Feedback Thread

Would it be possible to reduce the width of the container that holds the thread content? It's capped at 1600px right now which is quite huge on large screens with 1920x resolution.
View attachment 22432
You can see here the content is rather difficult to read.
yea, you arent the first to mention it. It's on the list and not terribly difficult to knock out. I imagine we'll get around to it this weekend

Lets give 1400px a run for the weekend and see what we think, cause 1200 is claustrophobic on 1440p
1678455899582.png

One thing that didn't seem to get imported was the old records of donations. Currently it only lists the ones that have been made since the upgrade. No idea if this matters to anyone (It doesn't to me - but some heavier donors might) or if it's anything even possible to bring back.

I haven't really encountered any bugs. I think the icons for awards could be tweaked, as others mentioned the color background is different on some - some are gold and some are transparent.

Overall, I think things look really sleek and smooth. Nothing about the site to me is detrimental to my experience on the forums, and everything works well. The colors are easy on my eyes, so I can't complain there.

One thing that didn't seem to get imported was the old records of donations. Currently it only lists the ones that have been made since the upgrade. No idea if this matters to anyone (It doesn't to me - but some heavier donors might) or if it's anything even possible to bring back.

I haven't really encountered any bugs. I think the icons for awards could be tweaked, as others mentioned the color background is different on some - some are gold and some are transparent.

Overall, I think things look really sleek and smooth. Nothing about the site to me is detrimental to my experience on the forums, and everything works well. The colors are easy on my eyes, so I can't complain there.
There might be some files on the server with said records but... it's a completely separate donation addon, the other one was end of life and the guy never updated it.

so here's the deal

we could hire a professional designer or something but ... we ain't paying for that.
so if you want something fancy akin to our old theme ... well, go hit that donate button :KappaW:

Whatever the container width is right now is pretty comfy.

EDIT: It's really bothering me that my username overflows a single letter to the next line lol. Is it possible to shrink the font size if it would overflow?

Well, I could've made an userscript and modify it in less than a minute :FrogeConcern:
do it then

because this is one of the things where there's no one-size-fits-all bc it's all based on user preference

and in the vast majority of cases, ours including this means default is based on admin preference. :sela:

Reactions: Ivo
There might be some files on the server with said records but... it's a completely separate donation addon, the other one was end of life and the guy never updated it.
Yeah, I really doubt anyone cares much either way, but I figured I'd just mention it. I know in the past some people had made some larger donations and racked up some pretty impressive donation numbers, so I didn't know if it mattered to them or not.
so here's the deal

we could hire a professional designer or something but ... we ain't paying for that.
so if you want something fancy akin to our old theme ... well, go hit that donate button :KappaW:
1678568793750.jpeg

Yeah, I really doubt anyone cares much either way, but I figured I'd just mention it. I know in the past some people had made some larger donations and racked up some pretty impressive donation numbers, so I didn't know if it mattered to them or not.

[ ... ]
i have a full copy of our last(-ish) xf1.5 database & files archived.
should one of those guys return from the grave and inquire about something like that i'll look into it and see what i can get done

(the donation & top donor badge remain, so there's that)

I'll add it to the list of things to take a look at.

Barring that, paid name changes are coming soon ;)
our current policy of free namechanges (once) for users w/ more than three years of service will remain, ofc

i have a full copy of our last(-ish) xf1.5 database & files archived.
should one of those guys return from the grave and inquire about something like that i'll look into it and see what i can get done

(the donation & top donor badge remain, so there's that)
Neat! That solves any issues there. Like I said, not something I really am really bothered with. Always down to throw some money here and there at the site and do what I can to help the place out. Clearly that's something that many others share in mind, given how fast the funding for the upgrade happened. A lot of changes over the years, some good, some bad (we know who), but overall the place is home.

Plus, most of the insufferable ones have moved on.

Users who are viewing this thread