XF2 Upgrade Feedback Thread

Might just be my phone being weird but I noticed that on mobile if you go to a page then press back the loading bar at the top seems to keep looping forever.

**edit not sure if you have much access to the backend code but incase you do

Steps to reproduce:
1) go to homepage
2) go to any thread (like this one)
3) go back using phone's back button)
4) loading bar will loop

Also the lightning bolt image for the new post button seems like a strange choice especially since it's also used beside the notification bell icon for the profile. Using the same image for 2 different things might cause some confusion for users.

From a nitpicking POV to my eye the xp off logo on mobile footprint doesn't seem *horizontally centered correctly. I'll attach a pic with what I mean/see.

View attachment 22417

I'm unable to reproduce your loading bar error. I know "it works on my machine" is a really unsatisfactory answer but... it does. Is it possible you happened to try during one of the sites scheduled backups? I noticed you posted a little after 10pm, which is (if memory serves) one of the times the site backs up and it can be a bit laggy for a few minutes. Would you care to give it another try?

But yes, we'll look into the lightning bolt and the centering of the logo. I'll add them to the list!

Appreciate the feedback

I'm unable to reproduce your loading bar error. I know "it works on my machine" is a really unsatisfactory answer but... it does. Is it possible you happened to try during one of the sites scheduled backups? I noticed you posted a little after 10pm, which is (if memory serves) one of the times the site backs up and it can be a bit laggy for a few minutes. Would you care to give it another try?

But yes, we'll look into the lightning bolt and the centering of the logo. I'll add them to the list!

Appreciate the feedback

I'm working as a dev now, I'm well aware of the "it happens on my machine" thing being unhelpful. That's why I added the steps to reproduce.

It seems to be fixed now on my end in any case. I'll keep an eye and see if I can notice any other weird behaviours.

The no profile pic default img seems to be back!

Forgot to add in my original post that overall it looks great and definitely an improvement especially the mobile footprint.

The no profile pic default img seems to be back!
Sel fixed this

Badge sizing of OG badge fixed (still need to figure out backgrounds)

Added Featured Threads to sidebar so its a small version of what it used to be.

Still obvious styling that needs to be done...

Wowhead links/embeds hopefully will work today

Good job, looks smooth.

personally i'd throw some iconic twink-looking character models in the background. For example: an LFH wearing UD rogue with shadowfangs on the right, and another toon that resembles an more new-gen f2p twink on the left.

Something to make it stand out more, rather than looking like an regular forum. Similar to the old WoD wallpaper this site used b4, if im not mistaken.

No clue if its much of an hassle, and how that'd go with various screen sizes etc.

Just my 2cents ;)

Good job, looks smooth.

personally i'd throw some iconic twink-looking character models in the background.
Yup! A New Background is on the list!
Can we make the background color for quotes a tiny bit lighter?
You mean this part?
1678371041788.png

So it's probably going to be a little different for everyone because of contrast/monitor quality but I agree, it does need to be more... obvious? other than the yellow strip
1678388188585.png

@Conzil Changed it up, thoughts?

Last edited:
I like the colours I just kinda wish we had something at the top it feels a bit barren. other then that the functions seem to work as intended or at least as good as the previous version. ( streams working is a plus)

yup I figured once we get all the functionality we wanted as close as it used to be, only thing we're missing now is the ability to change name colors and the badges need to be re-added I'll hopefully take a look at that stuff this weekend, unless chops or sel get to it first

Would it be possible to reduce the width of the container that holds the thread content? It's capped at 1600px right now which is quite huge on large screens with 1920x resolution.
1678450604003.png

You can see here the content is rather difficult to read.

Users who are viewing this thread