Would This Be Fair?

It would be completely fair as far as the Chest, Shoulder, and Weapon slots go. However you'd be cheating yourself out of the experience of actually earning the items on a f2p account. The spirit of this bracket is based upon the fact that when we grind stupid amounts of honor points on such a low level character we actually feel like we're EARNING what we receive. You don't get that at level 85 anymore.

I raided Firelands the other night on my main account and I got 3 upgrades. I didn't work hard for anything, I geared through Normals (easy) to gear through Heroics (easy) to gear through Trolls (easy) to get lucky enough to PuG Tier 11 (actually, easier than heroics) to get into Firelands. I simply glided through the motions and before I knew it I was 3/5 T12 with some of the best equipment in the current game.

So why on earth would I make a new character, on a new server, on a new account? Because little did Blizzard know they breathed life back into their game by presenting a challenge for once. And with the the pathetic recycled content, I can run DM and SFK on my 85 just as I can on my 20. I hardly ever notice I'm playing on my 20.

TLDR;

There's no difference in a P2P 20 and a F2P 20, it's all about whether or not you want the experience, or want to get carried like we've been doing since the start of WOTLK. Keep in mind the Ring, Cloak, and Helm are against the bracket "rules" established by the 20 community. Helm is not allowed, you can't use the excuse that Alliance have one given through quests, That's the whole point of 20's. Using what's at our disposal to make the best f2p 20 character possible. If you're going to bend the rules just go all out and make a 24, Don't half ass it.

Wilwayco said:
It would be completely fair as far as the Chest, Shoulder, and Weapon slots go. However you'd be cheating yourself out of the experience of actually earning the items on a f2p account. The spirit of this bracket is based upon the fact that when we grind stupid amounts of honor points on such a low level character we actually feel like we're EARNING what we receive. You don't get that at level 85 anymore.

I raided Firelands the other night on my main account and I got 3 upgrades. I didn't work hard for anything, I geared through Normals (easy) to gear through Heroics (easy) to gear through Trolls (easy) to get lucky enough to PuG Tier 11 (actually, easier than heroics) to get into Firelands. I simply glided through the motions and before I knew it I was 3/5 T12 with some of the best equipment in the current game.

So why on earth would I make a new character, on a new server, on a new account? Because little did Blizzard know they breathed life back into their game by presenting a challenge for once. And with the the pathetic recycled content, I can run DM and SFK on my 85 just as I can on my 20. I hardly ever notice I'm playing on my 20.

TLDR;

There's no difference in a P2P 20 and a F2P 20, it's all about whether or not you want the experience, or want to get carried like we've been doing since the start of WOTLK. Keep in mind the Ring, Cloak, and Helm are against the bracket "rules" established by the 20 community. Helm is not allowed, you can't use the excuse that Alliance have one given through quests, That's the whole point of 20's. Using what's at our disposal to make the best f2p 20 character possible. If you're going to bend the rules just go all out and make a 24, Don't half ass it.

no, just no. shut up. i'm tired of trying to be nice to all the people here who post stupid shit. stop posting stupid shit like this. please.

here is the eyepatch: Rifle Commander's Eyepatch - Item - World of Warcraft

11 stamina, 8 agility, EIGHT (!) hit rating

here is the BOA leather hat: Stained Shadowcraft Cap - Item - World of Warcraft

11 stamina, 7 agility, 4 hit rating, 4 crit rating

they are almost exactly the same as far as stat point distribution goes. there is nothing unfair here whatsoever. this is an empirical fact, and it is going to stay an empirical fact no matter how much bullshit you post to the contrary.

this goes for everyone else too: stop. posting. bullshit. not everyone here is an idiot. those of us who aren't idiots are just going to call you out, and you're going to get butthurt about it.

You can't tell people "either play f2p by the rules or go all out 24"

Some people want to have something a f2p does not have access to, but still be on par with f2p and thus have a challenge and have fun. Are you telling these people "No you can't have that one thing that f2p can't have, you either got all out twinked 24 or f2p by the rules".

Do I need to repeat it again?

Hey guise f2p cant group i say its against f2p rules to ask p2p to group us. Queue solo or you are cheating!!1!

leotseddap said:
We could better roll all 24s if we will be bending f2p restrictions like this.

NO. god you people are SO UNBELIEVABLY DUMB. scroll up TWO MOUSE WHEEL CLICKS AND READ WHAT I JUST POSTED.

i did ALL of the work for you. all you have to do is face your drooling sagging face toward the computer monitor and let the information be absorbed by your eyes and automatically processed by your brain.

Shockur said:
You can't tell people "either play f2p by the rules or go all out 24"

Some people want to have something a f2p does not have access to, but still be on par with f2p and thus have a challenge and have fun. Are you telling these people "No you can't have that one thing that f2p can't have, you either got all out twinked 24 or f2p by the rules".

Do I need to repeat it again?

It's like you chose to completely ignore this and write your BS regardless.

Generic "I regret rolling horde" replies. Not my fault you're upset with quest rewards. Get lucky fishing hat and stop resorting to flaming posters based on the fact that you're mad at yourself and your poor decision making skills. Do what you wan't as far as playing by the "rules" goes. It's all about the quality of player you want to be.

Wilwayco said:
Generic "I regret rolling horde" replies. Not my fault you're upset with quest rewards. Get lucky fishing hat and stop resorting to flaming posters based on the fact that you're mad at yourself and your poor decision making skills. Do what you wan't as far as playing by the "rules" goes. It's all about the quality of player you want to be.

lmao holy shit you are clueless. let me know next time you queue BGs so i can 100-0 you and spawncamp you until you afk with my "inferior" horde gear and my "poor decision making skills"

C O T U S said:
lmao holy shit you are clueless. let me know next time you queue BGs so i can 100-0 you and spawncamp you until you afk with my "inferior" horde gear and my "poor decision making skills"

/sigh

I'll just sink down to your level then.

/deepbreath

FORCE FIELD FORCE FIELD, MY DADDY CAN BEAT UP YOUR DADDY, I'M GLUE AND YOUR RUBBER WHATEVER YOU SAY TO ME BOU... Oh wait..

Yeah, I'll stick to conversing with different users then, if you can't exchange dialogue with intellectual depth and respect.

Wilwayco said:
/sigh

I'll just sink down to your level then.

/deepbreath

FORCE FIELD FORCE FIELD, MY DADDY CAN BEAT UP YOUR DADDY, I'M GLUE AND YOUR RUBBER WHATEVER YOU SAY TO ME BOU... Oh wait..

Yeah, I'll stick to conversing with different users then, if you can't exchange dialogue with intellectual depth and respect.

INTELLECTUAL DEPTH

you mean like when i proved your entire argument wrong with FACTS that took me 30 seconds to look up on wowhead? and then posted the data for everyone to see, so they could analyze it and come to the same conclusion on their own?

i wouldn't be a dick to you if you weren't posting 100% complete and utter bullshit and passing it off as reality. please, just stop, and people like me will stop flaming you.

Wilwayco said:

I have always played horde, and dealt with the imbalance at low levels due to the simple fact allies are more prone to rolling the faceroll classes (hunter/pala/rogue) while horde kids fail miserably with priests(not anymore as they are OP post cata), locks, mages, druids, warriors (pretty much all other classes lol). I do not regret rolling horde. Also I have to admit allies are just better team players, while horde is full of prowannabe kids that care only for their K/D ratio.

Lucky fishing hat is a ~1/2000 drop, if we assume a very optmitic rate of ~200 catches per tourney thats 10 weeks on average. When it comes to such small odds, the standard deviation is very high. That would mean that there would be many cases of people getting lucky getting it on their first sunday and people going for years fishing every sunday and not getting it. Saying "Get a lucky fishing hat is just ****ING INCONSIDERATE BULLSHIT.

If good decision making skills = roll on the stronger faction, with an OP class, and never progress as a player due to the previous two facts giving you a false illusion of being skilled, then DAMN I SUCK AT MAKING GOOD DECISIONS.

C O T U S said:
NO. god you people are SO UNBELIEVABLY DUMB. scroll up TWO MOUSE WHEEL CLICKS AND READ WHAT I JUST POSTED.

i did ALL of the work for you. all you have to do is face your drooling sagging face toward the computer monitor and let the information be absorbed by your eyes and automatically processed by your brain.

Ive read it, doesnt mean im for bending the f2p restrictions. Both sides have their ups.

OP asked if it was "Fair" as if he were asking in accordance to the "rules" set by the common opinion in the bracket. F2P Players, regardless of faction, can not acquire BOA helmets. That is a FACT, and the only FACT that any f2p player like my self needs to invalidate your entire argument.

Southinkucanlinkfromwowhead? New popular reality TV show? Or an excuse for players like Shockur and yourself to take turns pretending you know what you're talking about? As I already said. Get the BOA helm. No one cares. Get all of them, on one toon, let them sit in your bag if it makes you feel better. Bottom line is you feel cheated, and while you could write it off as "Oh I killed that player without an IMBA" helm, you'd rather piss and moan. At the end of the day it's all Chalked up to what kind of player you want to be. I said that in my original post and it stands.

Users who are viewing this thread