[WotLK] Basic 39 Class Builds

Jadyne

39 Evangelist
Since Chardev's back up, I thought I'd make some basic builds for each class. Could use some feedback, especially with the classes I don't know very well (ahem, warriors, hunters). Oh, also remember that you can't get 450 mining on a 39 char on chardev, so all of these builds probably are missing about 500hp.

Warrior - Mostly an AP build.
Hunter - Tried to go for a balance. Also, couldn't find Worn Running Boots. =/
Rogue - JC for variety!
Priest - Int heavy build, maybe a bit more than needed.
Shaman - My try at a spellhance build. Needs work.
Mage - A stab at a balanced build for combination support and dps.
Paladin - Healing spec, because ret is pretty easy, just emulate the warrior build with some slight modifications. Also, no Aura Mastery because it doesn't always work. =/
Warlock - Skipped a lot of "of shadow wrath" greens, because they're actually rare.
Druid - Kinda a mashup of different resto spec styles, but mostly build around glyph of healing touch.

I'll add the rest later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Survival Hunter - character planner . manaoil - chardev.org

This build awards decent survivability and excellent pressure while maintaining maximum control. This build is better suited for securing mid-field, facilitating the return of a flag, and/or fulfilling the role of cannon fodder.

If played as Alliance, Dwarf is the race of choice with Night Elf being close behind. If played as Horde, Tauren is the race of choice with Troll/Orc being close behind.

Pros:
  • A large array of crowd control. This build has frost/freezing trap + 3 second snare, engineering bombs/grenades, scattered shot, pet stun/snare, Tidal Charm and other toys relevant to engineering.
  • Periods of heavy burst pressure. Due to the decent amount of attack power and sizable mana pool, this build can assist with quickly burning down a target. The use of Rapid Fire in conjunction with a Lock and Load proc can produce impressive numbers.
  • Maximum control when not focused. In addition to the aforementioned crowd controls: flare, concussive shot, scare beast, and wing clip make for great peels and the ability to track the movements of enemies via mini-map is invaluable.
Cons:
  • Extremely squishy when focused or hard-swapped.
  • Below PvP Hit percentage cap; .31% away. If alliance, this is easily solved by having a Draenei in group and within range.
  • Bigger than average learning curve for a Hunter. This build is primarily for those who are in a position of leadership on offense or are relied upon to be play-makers, either in mid-field or in the enemy's flag room. This player must always be several steps ahead.
Edit:
  • As mentioned, Worn Boots are not available on Chardev but they are indeed best in slot.
  • +12 agility to clock can be replaced with 20 spell penetration.

That's the beauty of cannon fodder, when you're not being focused you can wreak havoc and provide ultimate crowd control.

Played as Imcheap (19 Orc Hunter) and Manaoil (19 Blood Elf Paladin) during Tbc on Retaliation.

Played as Ccontrol (29 Undead Mage), Manaoil (29 Blood Elf Paladin) and Rageoil (29 Tauren Druid) during Wrath on Reckoning.

Played as Scrutinize (29 Undead Hunter) shortly during Cata before I quit.

Haha *summa* and yah I think my brother had quit for end game for good around that time but I did see you a few times. I just remember names. Also you cant get double vanqs on molten anymore

Haha *summa* and yah I think my brother had quit for end game for good around that time but I did see you a few times. I just remember names. Also you cant get double vanqs on molten anymore

Is that so, was there a post about it or some patch notes I can look at? Anecdotal evidence (i.e. thread or video would be nice). Luckily it's only a loss of attack power and not control.

Best in slot ranged weapon for a 39 hunter is the BoA gun where you gain crit and resilience for one attack power, but the attack power doesn't affect your top end damage in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread