WoD: How do you think the new expansion will effect the bracket?

Elkiva

▪ ℋøʟ⑂ ℙяḯℯṧт ▪
As we know Blizzard are implementing many major changes within the new expansion, from the stat crunches to the possible changes in the TBC Based content. However, what do you think will be a major impact and factor within the new expansion as a whole?

Do you think the PVP Based bracked will become more stable?
Do you think it'll be even more overpowered?

Tell me what you think below.

ded gaem™

ded gaem™

I think it could happen as well, not so much a completely dead game however I do think there will be a reduced influx of players. With all the changes being enforced I think people who're new to the game will be put off by the lower stat ratios and so on. Bigger changes then people are comfortable with I'd say.

WoD will be the best expansion for 70s.

As Alliance, I look forward to spending time in the new (old) Black Temple, and re exploring Nagrand. I feel like this expansion is extra special for level 70s to be honest.

I think rogue damage will probably be less insane (prompting a lot of rogues leaving, but welcoming more of other classes) and as usual -- Haste will be my stat of choice.

Well, base damage and healing will be removed, so no more aimed shot + chimera killing blows in BG's :>
I'm sure we'll see longer arenas due to that.

Removal of base damage is only an advantage to twinks, stats will probably count more and we got lots more stats than other, normal people, for which aimed shot also has to do a certain amount of damage.

It would seem more likely that just Aimed Shot would be a one-hit kill for anyone stacking Agility. unless they change the scaling of stats (which they will obviously, but nobody knows if it'll benefit twinks or non-twinks).

Besides Serpent Sting is the most deadly Hunter attack :p

I just wish they'd confirm what's being redone and what might not be obtainable anymore -.-

Assuming the returning skirmishes allow players in all brackets to partake, I'd say it could actually drive people away from this bracket. One of the main reasons to go 70 nowadays is arenas, and if that tool is given to everyone, brackets below 70 might seem like a more appealing option to some people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish they'd confirm what's being redone and what might not be obtainable anymore -.-

i for one actually like the fact that they dont announce any removal of items... too much stuff gets thrown on your lap nowadays atleast this is what keeps me stabbing in the dark :eek:

I honestly hope they don't mess about with the stats to such an extent that it makes the bracket worse :/

i Personally cant see anything changing... Will be as unstable as usual. and as Overpowered as usual. Blizz never changes pvp for the better IMO =\

Lvl 10 twinks with 450% passive haste inc. /endsarcasm

I'm still betting on less one-shots in the twinking bracket c:

If that's the case then I can't wait.

I honestly am looking forward to it! Even with lower based gear if players choose to do so, it'll be much more stable I think.

Lvl 10 twinks with 450% passive haste inc. /endsarcasm

I'm still betting on less one-shots in the twinking bracket c:

Those are secondary stats, they're obviously not going to get changed (I think :p).

Primary stats will add more spellpower/more attack power to abilities, since the base damage is removed but they don't want a level 70 in level 60-65 greenies to do 240 Crit Aimed shots, so agility has to increase the damage of these abilities more than right now, up to a level that it's reasonable enough so a normally geared person can kill a normal mob.

I think we're going to be buffed because of the removal of the base damage, but that's just my theory. Who knows what'll happen.

Nobody is going to know much until at least the beta, when the beta does go live we should try and organize as stupid as it may sound 10 - 20 people to be online and queue WSG at that time, plan it weeks earlier so more people know about it, iirc Tetarius tried something similar with the MoP beta but not many peopled showed.

Nobody is going to know much until at least the beta, when the beta does go live we should try and organize as stupid as it may sound 10 - 20 people to be online and queue WSG at that time, plan it weeks earlier so more people know about it, iirc Tetarius tried something similar with the MoP beta but not many peopled showed.

Sounds like a good idea.

I also noticed on mmo champion this morning a video showing some gameplay from the level 90 new starting area in Shadowmoon Valley. The damage players can do has been nerfed hugely, as a tank the thread described how as a warrior tank at level 90 he was at 62k HP and the Mobs had about 100k. To make things even better Shield slam was hitting 5k with crits of about 10k - this is at level 90.

There was also other things as well regarding XP And so on, this expansion is going to be very interesting for the twinking community I think.
MMO-Champion - Warlords of Draenor Press Events - Gameplay Footage and Spoilers

Youtube Video from the Korean Press Conference
<< CLICK HERE

Users who are viewing this thread