EU+US Why Twinking has become better in Legion. Asking about the attitude problem.

You could actually wear quest whites only for gear since in bgs your item level is set to a fixed Base item level and it increases slightly after you hit a certain ilvl threshold (that is several levels higher than the Base ilvl)

You could actually wear quest whites only for gear since in bgs your item level is set to a fixed Base item level and it increases slightly after you hit a certain ilvl threshold (that is several levels higher than the Base ilvl)

Your late to the show. We started with your point, veered waaaaaaaaaaaay out to left field and back already. ;P

287 frostbolts at 21.56 ilvl
297 frostbolts at roughly 35.80 ilvl (max ilvl was shown as 36.75 but it can't be reached with the equippable gear)

That's a 3.4% increase in damage compared to 66% increase in ilvl

where's your evidence of your claims?
there's mine.

So you'd say +3.4% is nothing when it is quite a lot (it's comparable to having the affect of an extra talent) and can easily make the difference in a win or loss, especially if a whole premade or more on a team has it? Also that's one spell, not your overall dmg or hps.

Keep reaching boys. The fact is you need to get off Blizzard's cock and face reality.

So you'd say +3.4% is nothing when it is quite a lot (it's comparable to having the affect of an extra talent) and can easily make the difference in a win or loss, especially if a whole premade or more on a team has it? Also that's one spell, not your overall dmg or hps.

Keep reaching boys. The fact is you need to get off Blizzard's cock and face reality.
Pull your head out of your ass

Blizzard has stated everywhere ilvl in bgs give 1% stat increase per increment you absolute cretin

how do you even function in life?

So as we see here, gear actually does matter and in many cases quite a lot, unlike what the mindless fanboys and Blizz both would have people believe since Legion began.

Thanks for proving my point for me.

So as we see here, gear actually does matter and in many cases quite a lot, unlike what the mindless fanboys and Blizz both would have people believe since Legion began.

Thanks for proving my point for me.

Tell me how a 3% damage increase with a 66% ilvl increase is mattering a lot.

I covered that above. Don't pretend you don't know how it works.
I'll break this down for you using 19 as an example

Base ilvl for gear at 19 is 24, this means that any twink will have at LEAST 24 ilvl

With the white gear (neck and rings, no offhand) that goes up to 34 ilvl

That's 1% increase in base stats and depending on values for spells and spellpower coefficients thats a 3% damage increase on most casted spells, less on instant casts.

A full GFed twink such as Vianco's mage which is 45 ilvl (?) that's another 1% in stats and 3% damage increase over the 34ilvl dude, 5-6% over a dude in base ilvl gear in quest gear

Do you want me to break down the population of each increment?

>3% will have an item level of 20-24, everyone knows about vendor gear and can easily obtain it
82-90% will have an item level of 30-37, these are the dudes with full 24 gear or 27 bg gear, possibly a few GFed pieces or invasion gear and white vendor gear.
7-15% will have an item level of 40+, these are the guys who were around for the invasion event and have white vendor gear, these are the twinks who put in the time and effort to fully bis their twinks since they made them, some even with GFed gear from over 5 years ago

Every day the average of 34 ilvl is going up in terms of population, there will soon be a time where everyone except 1% of twinks have 34 ilvl.

Tell me again how there is a noticeable gear difference?

You seem to be confusing people with empty slots and a gear difference.

TL;DR - there's no gear difference between twinks and this idiot is wondering why a naked leveller is doing no damage in bgs, blaming blizzard.

Which is a long-winded attempt to say that 3-6% diff in output is not substantial when it in fact is, and pulling those percentages of players having 'X' gear or not having that gear out of your ass. Even if it were true that "99% of people will soon have 34 ilvl", and it is not, it says nothing of real-world team match-ups when you're in a BG. Actually, there will always be a majority of people leveling through a bracket than those who have maxed gear for it and turned off XP.

You can easily have one side with a premade or several higher geared players, the other with random lower geared levelers which in fact happens fairly often. All else being equal, you can often have 5 x 3%-6% = 15%-30% whopping advantage over a random enemy team right from the git. Even a lower say 10% advantage is plenty enough to stomp a pug.

Sorry but the 'gear doesn't matter' lie doesn't work, Eoneth.

Users who are viewing this thread