EU+US Why Twinking has become better in Legion. Asking about the attitude problem.

Bakedaflol

The Arthritic Arch-Druid
To start off, I wanna say that this ain't about Veterans in general, I'm just pointing out the toxic attitude as a bigger problem than the "problems" Toxic Veterans usually spout about.
I hear so many, ingame and Xpoff, talk about how Twinking is dying, the oldschoolers quitting, "newfags"(Legiontwinks) Blizz don't care about twinks going to shit, or just elitist/toxic attitude in general.

I wanted to give my input on it in a post, and see if people react with salt or if some actually agree. I will put some points into why I make the statements I make, and take it from there.

Never has blizz given so much stuff to lowlevel twinks in the coarse of an Xpac:
  • Legion Pre-patch: The invasions, giving us all the sickest gear introduced to twinking.(That ain't a bug or exploit)
  • The item lvl change, wich ballanced instanced PvP to a new level. Look away from Survival hunters, it has never been this ballanced for twinks. So your super awesome "oneshot" gear can't carry you anymore? Feelsbadman, its not a badthing.
  • The scaling items in World events, such as "Love is in the Air" , "Darkmoon Faire" and probably more to come.
  • 7.1(?) Major abilities at 20 for almost every Class/spec, making 20s abit more hot again!
  • 7.1.5(?) (EU) The BG-group merge with Spanish/Portuguise servers, wich resulted in shorter queues on EU!
  • In 7.3 they are reworking alot of 1-60gear, wich gives us a more progressive way of gearing, and making some specs more viable.
(I might have forgotten some other important changes)

Why do we treat new/more players, like it's a part of the problem?

The most annoying shit I hear is the whole deal about "newfags" or similar arguments, where as twinks refer to new players to the twink bracket as a bad thing.
I can sit around in Duro/Orgrimmar or wherever, and some times, players will whisper me about twinking, or complementing my twink... I will at most times be like: "Ima tell you a great story B)" and try to get them interested in Twinking, often resulting in refering them to Xpoff, because they have alot of questions, and I can't always answer correctly due to being busy. Anyways, How do the usual elitist Veteran reply to something like that? I am curious :s
New players are a good thing! Everybody acts elitst/Toxic or just genuinly salty once in a while. I've been a salty fuck in BGs all day, best I can do is be aware of it, and try to act better next time.(It works ya know)

Attitude can take you anywhere, and how you respond to other twinks, new or old can take twinking to a better place, If thats what you so badly want!

I might continue this post later, taking into consideration what sort of response I get to it. I'm hoping to get some input on it, wether it be positive or negative, as I am always up for a nice debate/discussion.(Without going personal on eachother, cus I mean, opinions are just opinions, and can be worked out)

Best Regards: Bakedaflol /Bakedafoh/ Shamøg or Luckystriked.

Be Humble, i figured out if i use the ingame chat option to filter instance/raid/party chat in it's own chat window Named "Angered Nerds" it allows me to focus better, and not care what others have to say, or think, and if they whisper me, angery messages i just put them on ignore. overall Legion PvP is fun, and i am enjoying myself with the Pre-Wrath Bracket Revamp. if only Graveyards would be revamped :)

I thought about making a post like this, except for the exact opposite reason.

It's weird, I agree things should be good. Scaling, no chants, everything should play very balanced. But it's not, it's horrid PvP, it just is. I'd rather have WoD back tbh and the 29 monks. At least a coordinated team could still beat that.

I think a big problem is the combination of xpon and xpoff. They really honestly have no idea what to do. They just sit at roads and fight. In WoD I at least knew I'd get a good match everytime. That people elected to stop at this bracket which generally came with some basic understanding of the games.

CC is pretty gutted. Some classes do OK still. Rogue is strong. Mage is just horrid, don't even get me started. There isn't a lot of point to CC. Most classes can just eat the 6 secs. The usual support classes do almost no damage so it's actually an overall lose to the team to role it. You'd be better off rolling a surv hunt and downing a healer then trying to get cute with a poly. I understand they have their moments but by in large damage > all.

Fine I'll do it, wtf frost mage, like seriously. You ruined this class. Every minute I do stupid damage and then nothing until it's off CD again. There's no control, no silence, no movement. Flurry is a waste of a GCD. I've played it for probably 5 years, daily through the 29 monks and hunts. I know it's never been FoTM but at least you could still impact games.

So yea, I'd take WoD over this. 0 ability to change your character,. Your naked counterpart has the exact same health as you and maybe 1% less stats. Not a lot of reason to work on your character and devote the time to it.

Fine i'll bite and break down your post.

Never has blizz given so much stuff to lowlevel twinks in the coarse of an Xpac:
  • Legion Pre-patch: The invasions, giving us all the sickest gear introduced to twinking.(That ain't a bug or exploit)
  • The item lvl change, wich ballanced instanced PvP to a new level. Look away from Survival hunters, it has never been this ballanced for twinks. So your super awesome "oneshot" gear can't carry you anymore? Feelsbadman, its not a badthing.
  • The scaling items in World events, such as "Love is in the Air" , "Darkmoon Faire" and probably more to come.
  • 7.1(?) Major abilities at 20 for almost every Class/spec, making 20s abit more hot again!
  • 7.1.5(?) (EU) The BG-group merge with Spanish/Portuguise servers, wich resulted in shorter queues on EU!
  • In 7.3 they are reworking alot of 1-60gear, wich gives us a more progressive way of gearing, and making some specs more viable.
(I might have forgotten some other important changes)

None of this was done to help twinks directly, this was all to smooth out levelling and also you're the first person to ever be happy about pvp templates, is this because you can't be bothered to make gearsets that separated the bad twinks from the great?

Major abilities at 20? are you kidding me? every class got massive prunes in legion. We're effectively down to 4-5 buttons each.

50% of the things you listed are actually disadvantages to twinking and the other 50% were just to help people level in an ever increasing level cap game.

The BG group merge with spanish servers isn't anything to praise either, english realms facing off against non-english always ends in a 3-0 win to the english ones, i'd rather sit in a queue for 6mins for a good game rather than spending 6minutes running around a BG bored out of my mind.

The most annoying shit I hear is the whole deal about "newfags" or similar arguments, where as twinks refer to new players to the twink bracket as a bad thing.
I can sit around in Duro/Orgrimmar or wherever, and some times, players will whisper me about twinking, or complementing my twink... I will at most times be like: "Ima tell you a great story B)" and try to get them interested in Twinking, often resulting in refering them to Xpoff, because they have alot of questions, and I can't always answer correctly due to being busy. Anyways, How do the usual elitist Veteran reply to something like that? I am curious :s
New players are a good thing! Everybody acts elitst/Toxic or just genuinly salty once in a while. I've been a salty duck in BGs all day, best I can do is be aware of it, and try to act better next time.(It works ya know)

Attitude can take you anywhere, and how you respond to other twinks, new or old can take twinking to a better place, If thats what you so badly want!

I have no problem with new twinks if I see potential and drive to join in competitive games, If I see people running around asking stupid questions in a year old expansion I wont reply to them.

My problem with new users on XPOff is pretty much the same, except they create threads asking the same questions as the last guy to join. I've seen new users open a new thread asking the same question as was answered in the thread below theirs.

If you're seeking to join this community while spending 200-400g on consumables per bg vs levellers while queueing 5man FOTM comps, you wont get my recognition or acknowledgement.

If new users on this website had the right mentality when making their twinks, they would have the willingness to read past threads that answer any questions they may have before thinking of making their own question thread.

If you can't be bothered to find out if your question has already been answered, then I can't be bothered to accept you as part of this community.

Don't even get me started on the legion twinks who have an ego from winning x amount of duels or x amount of bgs full of levellers.

ye lol, one shotting has been what twinking is about
if you want competitiveness please go play endgame
only reason i play twinks is because F2P, i dont like paying for this shit game, but even i play endgame now so w/e
twinks got 2 serious

I'm all for more competitive games and if the templates did that I'd be fine with them, but in practice that's not how they worked out. Templates removed pretty much all customization and tinkering with your gear that to me was huge part of twinking that I loved while still not solving the problem of "whichever side has more twinks wins" in random bgs. Difference between random leveler and a twink with even just the white rings/neck and proper armor type in every slot is huge. So to me the templates removed the best parts about gearing while keeping the worst.

Difference between random leveler and a twink with even just the white rings/neck and proper armor type in every slot is huge.

Couldn't disagree more, makes almost 0 difference. Health isn't even based on gear anymore you can be completely naked. I think it's broken, don't think its intended but that's how it is right now. The only thing affected is your stats and it's not huge. FoTM continues to dominate, followed by 29s having extra abilities. That's about the differences. And if people can't even fill a slot before joining a battleground that's a level of tard even Blizzard can't help with.

Reactions: Fry
Couldn't disagree more, makes almost 0 difference. Health isn't even based on gear anymore you can be completely naked. I think it's broken, don't think its intended but that's how it is right now. The only thing affected is your stats and it's not huge. FoTM continues to dominate, followed by 29s having extra abilities. That's about the differences. And if people can't even fill a slot before joining a battleground that's a level of tard even Blizzard can't help with.
it must be working now because higher ilvl gear does give me like 1 stam on my pally when switching sets

I'm not sure whether it comes down to stats, not giving a fuck or just not being experienced with skills you have at that level but having a healer for example be a random leveler or a twink is massively different. I play mostly 19s where this is more pronounced, but even in 29s if I meet a priest lvl 24 I can solo him as ww monk 95% of the time. Or conversely as mistweaver I can tank 4 lvl 23 survi hunters when a single 29 lvl gives me trouble.

Respect is not a right. it is an achievement to be earned.
i do not have problems with anyone as long as they don't gimp my performance with their presence or actions.

When 8 out of 10 people in wsg at start go to flag room just to let fc insta die in mid there is nothing to respect or talk about with such basic bitch ass trash bots.

Just pour bucket of salt at them.
do the usual elitist Veteran reply to something like that?
Sure. Stroke my ego and i'll tell you secrets.
i do not talk to 12 days /played spoons coming at me like they know things.

Why would i?
I have sacrificed everything. what have they given?

Simple truth: 90% new people in this bracket start as alliance and when they learn thing or two they switch hord or just level past this bracket in general.

You can teach them all you want. it will change nothing for you. Most of them have no idea where they are or how they end up there.

And on and on it goes. never ending loop of shit is never ending.

There's no control, no silence, no movement. Flurry is a waste of a GCD. I've played it for probably 5 years, daily through the 29 monks and hunts. I know it's never been FoTM but at least you could still impact games.

Not 100% true. proper sheep can blackout single player for long asstime and there is nothing you can do about it.
Mage still strong support class you can shine with but you need proper team to play with and against.
Something indeed a hard thing to come by this days.

Mop 1.4k ice lance never forget.

Last edited:
A huge part of twinking is being able to one shot or do crazy amounts of damage for the level you are. Or at least it was a huge part of twinking.

Yes I completely agree. But it often depended on player responsibility and respect for other players. This was often ruined when everyone rolls fotm for selfish pleasures. This tends to happen when the community has a weak bond, players play selfishly.

How is that a good thing? Every other retard with elwynn forest leveling gear now has the exactly same stats as everyone else in bgs, with zero effort. If you put tons of gold and hours and hours in farming better gear you should have the advantage.
It also prevents you to have unique item sets. The worst fucking change blizzard has ever done to this game.

Alot of good and valid points. Wich I agree and disagree with in different ways.. Tho I will have to answer different people in chunks of time, as I really do wanna get some gaming in tonight aswell! :')

Respect is not a right. it is an achievement to be earned.
i do not have problems with anyone as long as they don't gimp my performance with their presence or actions.

When 8 out of 10 people in wsg at start go to flag room just to let fc insta die in mid there is nothing to respect or talk about with such basic bitch ass trash bots.

Just pour bucket of salt at them.

Sure. Stroke my ego and i'll tell you secrets.
i do not talk to 12 days /played spoons coming at me like they know things.

Why would i?
I have sacrificed everything. what have they given?

Simple truth: 90% new people in this bracket start as alliance and when they learn thing or two they switch hord or just level past this bracket in general.

You can teach them all you want. it will change nothing for you. Most of them have no idea where they are or how they end up there.

And on and on it goes. never ending loop of shit is never ending.

I never said respect was a right. Respect is often a reaction to several neutral interactions. But if those interactions are anything else but neutral.(in a salty way) that respect will never be earned, I like saying. All I am talking about, is decency towards other human beings tbh. Not too much of a tall order imo, but we all different I guess.

Fine i'll bite and break down your post.

None of this was done to help twinks directly, this was all to smooth out levelling and also you're the first person to ever be happy about pvp templates, is this because you can't be bothered to make gearsets that separated the bad twinks from the great?

Major abilities at 20? are you kidding me? every class got massive prunes in legion. We're effectively down to 4-5 buttons each.

50% of the things you listed are actually disadvantages to twinking and the other 50% were just to help people level in an ever increasing level cap game.

The BG group merge with spanish servers isn't anything to praise either, english realms facing off against non-english always ends in a 3-0 win to the english ones, i'd rather sit in a queue for 6mins for a good game rather than spending 6minutes running around a BG bored out of my mind.

I have no problem with new twinks if I see potential and drive to join in competitive games, If I see people running around asking stupid questions in a year old expansion I wont reply to them.

My problem with new users on XPOff is pretty much the same, except they create threads asking the same questions as the last guy to join. I've seen new users open a new thread asking the same question as was answered in the thread below theirs.

If you're seeking to join this community while spending 200-400g on consumables per bg vs levellers while queueing 5man FOTM comps, you wont get my recognition or acknowledgement.

If new users on this website had the right mentality when making their twinks, they would have the willingness to read past threads that answer any questions they may have before thinking of making their own question thread.

If you can't be bothered to find out if your question has already been answered, then I can't be bothered to accept you as part of this community.

Don't even get me started on the legion twinks who have an ego from winning x amount of duels or x amount of bgs full of levellers.

This is the most well-formulated comment so far, love it. Valid points some of them altering my perspective to abit more of an understanding position for your view of it. And yeah, I totally get the whole part about the competitive side of twinking, wich is a part of the topic I am quite interested in atm.. As long as there are twinks, someone will always bring it. Wether it be newschoolers or oldschoolers, with the interest, dedication, money or knowledge for that matter. There is downtime for all sorts of things like this. Though I agree it is abit scary to hear the people dedicated to that part of it, going off. I still believe the initiative will be taken further by someone else, or even them. Progress n whatnot.

If you don't want to be bothered with questions from new twinks, being polite is an easier way, I've figured out. If they push it alot after, I often go ape on the salt myself, cuz No means NO. B) (I mean the times I absolutely do not wanna be bothered) It takes less than your dicksize to be polite towards someone.(If not, wow man. Sorry.) And it shouldn't be too much of a tall order for any1 really. And as stated in another comment, its not about unearned respect, its about decency.

The last part with Legion twinks who have an ego from winning, duels, bgs or whatever... I've met more veterans with that attitude tbh, and have the oposite view on that.

A huge part of twinking is being able to one shot or do crazy amounts of damage for the level you are. Or at least it was a huge part of twinking.

Not even gonna answer that.. lol

Users who are viewing this thread