Which one takes more skill: Battlegrounds or Arena?

IMO,

Arena > Premade Bg > Bg

Or pre 6.0 only horde healer in Bg against 7 Ally night elf hunters and 3night elf rogues > Arena .

I will say this, I do like the concept of 'objectives', that is why I choose to play Battleground's at the moment. Battlegrounds have abit more of a strategic element, (like a chess-game with counter plays and such) that I don't think arenas have, this brings a little bit more of a balance. even though arenas show great mechanical/combat skills, at the end of the day its usually the OP classes/p2p advantages that make you win.

I'm an f2p rogue keep this in mind, I'm sure if I was for example a p2p druid I would enjoy arenas more.

Now yes OP classes/p2p advantages still have their advantages in regular Battlegrounds, but I have more options, I can avoid one sided fights, go for objectives, steal flags, steal bases, ninja cap, etc, so I don't feel completely useless.

When it comes to pure Mono-E-Mono PvP, with no objectives, I would experience alot more one sided arenas as opposed to one sided battlegrounds, arenas do seem fun though, I'm not against them, I'm sure if I was p2p I would play them.

If I was a p2p, that had all the BiS PvP advantages then of course I would play more arenas but unfortunately as an f2p its very unrewarding, with no achievements/name titles/ratings to give either, and its a very short match compared to a battleground.

To me battlegrounds seems so fun, with so much people involved, its an event, especially AV, I guess that's why I find it more appealing.

Also personally I'm looking to get justice points, and the 'Justicar' , 'Of the Alliance' name titles as a side goal for my PvP efforts.

Arenas do have potential though, I can see myself playing them in the future if things change.

GeorgeSPatton.jpg

or

2000-Gladiator-Russell-Crowe-e1396324984840.jpeg

Yeah :D hahaha the right person do this useless thread.

i luve arena more than battlegrounds...but why the fcking hell the ppl always think in arena u need more skill?
bullshit....
a real good player plays always fine..in arena AND in bg.

u have to be skillcaped for all.

Arenas for singular positioning of a class relative to another, in other words maximizing your class to it's full extent vs another. BGs test your ability to utilize the environment eg: using terrain for advantage and positioning or positioning yourself relative to the other team to get positional advantage (9 people stop and dismount to kill a single warlock or healer). People good at arenas are always good at BGs for the most part as terrain is easy to understand, but the best BGrs are certainly going to be better at BGs than the best arena players since there are small nuances.

Regardless, good players are good players and will be better than others at both. That's how this game works. The world's best PvE'rs are also going to be amazing at PvP because they get their own classes minutiae so well.

TLDR: Good players are good. No one cares the means by which you figure that out.

I will say this, I do like the concept of 'objectives', that is why I choose to play Battleground's at the moment. Battlegrounds have abit more of a strategic element, (like a chess-game with counter plays and such) that I don't think arenas have, this brings a little bit more of a balance. even though arenas show great mechanical/combat skills, at the end of the day its usually the OP classes/p2p advantages that make you win.

I'm an f2p rogue keep this in mind, I'm sure if I was for example a p2p druid I would enjoy arenas more.

Now yes OP classes/p2p advantages still have their advantages in regular Battlegrounds, but I have more options, I can avoid one sided fights, go for objectives, steal flags, steal bases, ninja cap, etc, so I don't feel completely useless.

When it comes to pure Mono-E-Mono PvP, with no objectives, I would experience alot more one sided arenas as opposed to one sided battlegrounds, arenas do seem fun though, I'm not against them, I'm sure if I was p2p I would play them.

If I was a p2p, that had all the BiS PvP advantages then of course I would play more arenas but unfortunately as an f2p its very unrewarding, with no achievements/name titles/ratings to give either, and its a very short match compared to a battleground.

To me battlegrounds seems so fun, with so much people involved, its an event, especially AV, I guess that's why I find it more appealing.

Also personally I'm looking to get justice points, and the 'Justicar' , 'Of the Alliance' name titles as a side goal for my PvP efforts.

Arenas do have potential though, I can see myself playing them in the future if things change.

Gg domunique whenever I play against u

Woah, holy shit I didn't think it was so argumentative. How about instead of asking, you give them a try and compare?

It's preference. It's like asking someone if Ret is better than Holy.

Both are just as difficult, as you are facing an equal amount of players with just as many outcomes (win/lose). It just depends on how intense the competition is. For example. An Good arena team vs a shitty arena team, well that's going to be easy. As will be a Good bg group vs shitty bg group.

Last edited:
You cant compare these two without them being set equal to each other first.

Some of you say arenas cuz each move counts more, some say bg's cuz of the essence of objectives; yet, no one is accounting for an ally pug facing a horde premade or vise versa in which the skill level is raised in order to bring in the win. Also, in arenas, same deal. Now when you set things equal, for example: 10v10 premade bg's vs. 3v3 premade arena teams then you can compare them.

In that case its hard to say but i would go towards arenas since you have 9 other players that can back up ur choices with theirs vs 2 others in arenas.

GG honeybadger, you strong bastard.

You should come to the alliance ;).

I enjoy bursting with other rogues, but doing it with feral druids is way better.

I don't eve know who duopaladin is, or what that means, I think I've seen him once recently.

Users who are viewing this thread