whats better sub or combat? and should I use x2 shadowfang or shadowfang MH and boa d

Re: whats better sub or combat? and should I use x2 shadowfang or shadowfang MH and b

sub, 2x boa swords with ef, but if you don't have boa swords like me use fangs till you can get them

Re: whats better sub or combat? and should I use x2 shadowfang or shadowfang MH and b

In all honesty, All 3 specs have their strengths.

Assassination has great sustained damage with mutilate.

Subtlety has ridiculous burst with ambush + EF Procs but their sustained damage is very weak.

Combat is a mix of both, with a bit of an edge on energy regeneration, their burst is better than assassination, but worse than subtlety, and their sustained damage is better than subtlety, but worse than assassination.

If you go combat or subtlety I would consider the BOA in the main hand (as it will hit the hardest with ambush) and then a Shadowfang in your off hand because it has the most DPS out of any other sword, plus it is faster than the BOA and has the shadowbolt procs (which both result in more EF procs)

Last edited by a moderator:

Assuming you are hitting a target dummy yes, they all have strengths. Combat would outdo sub if you had 100% time on target BUT in an arena, you will not have the time on target you need to make that happen. sub is better because of hemo proccing EF when you ambush-hemo and go to get a restealth hemo, deadly, and EF will be ticking on the target without you having to be on the target. thats something combat and assassination don't have. so basically because of that sub has a higher sustained.

Swagfangs mh/oh and combat bruh.

Swagfangs mh/oh and combat bruh.

You lose 4 Stamina, 1.01% crit, and ambush damage if you use sfang MH for 2 AP.
Agility is not as good as it once was.

You lose 4 Stamina, 1.01% crit, and ambush damage if you use sfang MH for 2 AP.
Agility is not as good as it once was.
Ambush with SF MH > Ambush with loom MH,
I would go for combat with x2 sfs

Ambush with SF MH > Ambush with loom MH,
I would go for combat with x2 sfs

BOA = 16-31 Damage
Shadowfang = 16-30 Damage

boa swords > fangs, sorry but its true. also combat is going to gimp you because you don't get hemo

staying sub with x2 shadow fangs thanks

boa swords > fangs, sorry but its true. also combat is going to gimp you because you don't get hemo

I like to take 1 MH and Sfang OH for Eforce procs + faster swings + more DPS, though I do agree with you.

u lose 2 agility .12 dps sheet per boa used for some crit which u have plenty already and stam which is useless becuase we still have burst..... not to mention the proc of fangs proc EF so FANGS STILL > BOA also.... combat is BEASTLY 400 crit sinister strikes

i like sub 2 fangs

obsessed with ef

u lose 2 agility .12 dps sheet per boa used for some crit which u have plenty already and stam which is useless becuase we still have burst..... not to mention the proc of fangs proc EF so FANGS STILL > BOA also.... combat is BEASTLY 400 crit sinister strikes

Stam is useless?
It's scaling INCREDIBLY right now, and the bracket is as bursty as ever.

and you do realize agility and AP are identical now?

and you do realize agility and AP are identical now?
so? more ap or more crit which u should have alot still and stam is useless to me because what is an extra 50 hp at most gonna change.... fangs proc EF more because of its proc and has more ap which is hard hits which is the definition of a twink right? to hit as hard as u can as fast as u can with the best gear u can get

so? more ap or more crit which u should have alot still and stam is useless to me because what is an extra 50 hp at most gonna change.... fangs proc EF more because of its proc and has more ap which is hard hits which is the definition of a twink right? to hit as hard as u can as fast as u can with the best gear u can get

No that does not define a twink...lol

Anyways, this is more or less preference.
Shadowfang Pros:
Swings faster
Shadowballs proc EF
2 more AP than Boa.
Swings Faster resulting in more DPS.
Shadowfang Cons:
A bit less damage from ambush
Less stats than BOA (4 stam, 3 crit)

BOA Pros:
A bit harder ambushes
Slower, meaning a bit more RNG for a EF proc
Better stats than Shadowfang
BOA Cons:
Less overall DPS.
Less overall AP (2 AP #2MuchAp4Me )
No Shadow Bolt EF proces

No that does not define a twink...lol
ask everyone else im pretty sure it is a good definition of a twink to make your hits op.... and you are the only person arguing the boa > SF which is still wrong unless they give it the old AB nerf

Users who are viewing this thread