whats better sub or combat? and should I use x2 shadowfang or shadowfang MH and boa d

Re: whats better sub or combat? and should I use x2 shadowfang or shadowfang MH and b

ask everyone else im pretty sure it is a good definition of a twink to make your hits op.... and you are the only person arguing the boa > SF which is still wrong unless they give it the old AB nerf

Rusks seems to think the same way as me.
It's just preference, my friend.
Not sure your definition of twink is as solid as you think it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: whats better sub or combat? and should I use x2 shadowfang or shadowfang MH and b

Wait until they figure out how good thrash blade is >.>

trashblade?? :p anyway, the .whatever dps you get on the fangs is only good if you have 100% uptime. the crit is probably better than the ap and the 120HP is nice too and the slightly harder ambushes is nice too

Thrashblade is same deal as shadowfang, you need uptime.

no more dodge from agi RIP

In all honesty, All 3 specs have their strengths.

Assassination has great sustained damage with mutilate.

Subtlety has ridiculous burst with ambush + EF Procs but their sustained damage is very weak.

Combat is a mix of both, with a bit of an edge on energy regeneration, their burst is better than assassination, but worse than subtlety, and their sustained damage is better than subtlety, but worse than assassination.

If you go combat or subtlety I would consider the BOA in the main hand (as it will hit the hardest with ambush) and then a Shadowfang in your off hand because it has the most DPS out of any other sword, plus it is faster than the BOA and has the shadowbolt procs (which both result in more EF procs)
maybe just use BOA to ambush then switch to double fang for EF procs?

maybe just use BOA to ambush then switch to double fang for EF procs?

Ambush, Hemorrhage, and Eviscerate will all hit a BIT harder with the BOA sword.

But overall it comes down to this:
2 AP
vs
40 health and 1.01% crit

Ambush, Hemorrhage, and Eviscerate will all hit a BIT harder with the BOA sword.

But overall it comes down to this:
2 AP
vs
40 health and 1.01% crit
my point still stand fangs> boas still
sinster strike > hemo
sinster strike has a base damage of 239 compared to the measly 72 of hemo

assuming you can hit the target after your opener reliably yes that would be true. but your time on target is so limited as a rogue that the extra EF procs from hemo>the 50 energy sinister strikes

assuming you can hit the target after your opener reliably yes that would be true. but your time on target is so limited as a rogue that the extra EF procs from hemo>the 50 energy sinister strikes
i have no issues really

i have no issues really

You must be getting extremely easy arena opponents then.

If you plan on going against skilled twinkx I would grab a boa or two, you won't have nearly as much uptime as you'd expect.

You must be getting extremely easy arena opponents then.

If you plan on going against skilled twinkx I would grab a boa or two, you won't have nearly as much uptime as you'd expect.
i cant take you seriously at all though.... so tell me why i should listen?

No that does not define a twink...lol

Anyways, this is more or less preference.
Shadowfang Pros:
Swings faster
Shadowballs proc EF
2 more AP than Boa.
Swings Faster resulting in more DPS.
Shadowfang Cons:
A bit less damage from ambush
Less stats than BOA (4 stam, 3 crit)

BOA Pros:
A bit harder ambushes
Slower, meaning a bit more RNG for a EF proc
Better stats than Shadowfang
BOA Cons:
Less overall DPS.
Less overall AP (2 AP #2MuchAp4Me )
No Shadow Bolt EF proces

I told you that Ambush, and even Sinister strike, Hemo and Evis will hit harder with SF (You are saying that SF has more Agi than Boa but don't get why SF hits harder) If you still don't get it go on wow and look a the tooltip while switching weaps, with new tooltip showing damages you should see it

I told you that Ambush, and even Sinister strike, Hemo and Evis will hit harder with SF (You are saying that SF has more Agi than Boa but don't get why SF hits harder) If you still don't get it go on wow and look a the tooltip while switching weaps, with new tooltip showing damages you should see it
i think they are just to poor to afford fangs just sayin

i think they are just to poor to afford fangs just sayin

First off, PitterPatter@SilverHand oh look 2 Shadowfangs and a Gloomshroud Armor, I am so 'poor'.

Secondly just took screenshots:
BOA MH (more topend damage 136-152)
Shadowfang MH (resulting in less damage 131-146)

So if twinks are all about hitting hard like ya said, grab your BoA sword, my friend, but don't fret, Shadowfang is still arguably a BiS Off-Hand!

https://imageshack.com/i/p5Y5ua0Tj
https://imageshack.com/i/f0FSpvN9j

First off, PitterPatter@SilverHand oh look 2 Shadowfangs and a Gloomshroud Armor, I am so 'poor'.

Secondly just took screenshots:
BOA MH (more topend damage 136-152)
Shadowfang MH (resulting in less damage 131-146)

So if twinks are all about hitting hard like ya said, grab your BoA sword, my friend, but don't fret, Shadowfang is still arguably a BiS Off-Hand!

https://imageshack.com/i/ipKjqeH7j
https://imageshack.com/i/f0eE3GQkj

Wich means that SF has better damages from white hits AND better damages from special attacks, = SF > Boa

Users who are viewing this thread