What you doing with your 10?

Ooh, Just killed him and got a cloak with +leech! Heck yeah Ima camp the hell outa this guy.

Thanks for the info!
I wish it were that simple. All Rares in BfA (that aren't World Quest Rares, which 10's can't do) are one-and-done. If you don't get what you want the 1st time, tough luck.

I thought BFA rare mobs reset daily/weekly like other rare mob with "rare" drops? When I said camp, I mostly meant park my guy there and kill him daily/weekly, I get that I can't just kill him over and over all day, but I am pretty sure they reset.

I am almost positive that I have gotten the same gear/toy/trickets from BFA rare mobs multiple times on my main back before Shadowlands, however I may just be miss remembering.

I thought BFA rare mobs reset daily/weekly like other rare mob with "rare" drops? When I said camp, I mostly meant park my guy there and kill him daily/weekly, I get that I can't just kill him over and over all day, but I am pretty sure they reset.

I am almost positive that I have gotten the same gear/toy/trickets from BFA rare mobs multiple times on my main back before Shadowlands, however I may just be miss remembering.
I haven't looked too into this myself, but I remember reading somewhere that rares reset when their world quest comes back up? If that's the case, and they do reset, there's a chance that they don't for low levels who don't have access to world quests.

I can only state from what I've personally tested on my 10 Hunter. I've "farmed" multiple different Rares (the ones that drop good gear for a Hunter) with no luck. I've also killed the World Quest Rares (spawns as 15 to a 10) but get no loot. I just hop on a Character with World Quests available and look at the Map, then go to that spot on my 10, since you can't see the World Quest on the Map at 10.

Hmm, good to know. I will have to do some more testing and see if that is the case. I will let you know if I find anything different.

To be honest, I haven't killed all that many BFA rares since HoA nerf when I was trying to scrape together any Azerite power I could. If this is how it works, no wonder I never noticed.

Anyways, thanks for the info.

Edit: after a bit further digging/searching, this does in fact seem to be the case with BFA rares unfortunately, having something to do with how they convert to a world quest once you hit 120/50. I guess it's to prevent you from getting the drop plus the WQ reward.

oh whale, the search continues.

Last edited:
The first boss of freehold drops a cloak that can go socket/tertiary, but the ilvl will be lower than BoE. But farmable.

pEJL9AU.png

Users who are viewing this thread