What you doing with your 10?

CyanideBoy

Seeing a few 10s in dungeons lately and just curious what everyone uses them for once they’re geared ? Just for dungeon and Island spam? They’re of no use in pvp cos queue will never pop

My main 10 Gringotts is for Achievements. The rest are for show I'd say. 10's for me started back in TBC as Bankers and I still use a couple of them for that very purpose. The only reason I don't Dungeon Que constantly with mine is the concern of getting us nerfed even more when I'm 3-5x everyone else's DPS even in standard iLvL 14 TBC Dungeon gear. Hell even my Healers and Tanks out DPS everyone else in the group. Then there's the occasional Player who notices the XP debuff that Blizz implemented to fuck us harder.

My main 10 Gringotts is for Achievements. The rest are for show I'd say. 10's for me started back in TBC as Bankers and I still use a couple of them for that very purpose. The only reason I don't Dungeon Que constantly with mine is the concern of getting us nerfed even more when I'm 3-5x everyone else's DPS even in standard iLvL 14 TBC Dungeon gear. Hell even my Healers and Tanks out DPS everyone else in the group. Then there's the occasional Player who notices the XP debuff that Blizz implemented to fuck us harder.
Nice mate!

yeah just was curious why I was seeing more and more on my 20 doing dungeons :)
[doublepost=1612838755,1612838711][/doublepost]Lol
Mine sit and rot because who the hell wants to queue for another random 5 man.... hehehaahohoheeeheeee

There’s about shit else to do in this game
Lolol

I was using them to gear up my other accounts but turned out basically everything they can do, 15 does better... :confused:

So now they sit, forgotten.

I was using them to gear up my other accounts but turned out basically everything they can do, 15 does better... :confused:

So now they sit, forgotten.
This is somewhat misleading. 10's TTK is VASTLY Superior to 15's, similarly geared. 15's however, get a larger Toolkit and access to much more of the Game. I would say 15 is for those wanting "do more" at lower Levels as well as those like myself who are farming FOR their 10's with said 15's.

10's TTK is VASTLY Superior to 15's

It just isnt for me due to the fact that I usually spend more time waiting to attack than actually doing damage.

Even just for prot pally, HP generation is greatly increased and I can use that for DPS instead of healing. Cooldown classes take longer (for me) when the only ability i have is only useable every 8 seconds or so. For druid, i get AOE and brambles talent is ridiculous improvement, plus more/better item availability. I'm not bashing 10, it's great... but for me 15 is just miles better. I would say 14 even if the talent is meh, but even then the dungeon gear might be better at 15...

I havent delved into every single class/spec but the ones i have are simply not comparable. I enjoy enh shammy at 10 tho. :)

similarly geared

If you're saying similar as in the same ilvl well that's not similar... the 10 has advantage. If you mean level-appropriate, then I dont agree either cuz 15 generally has more options, so it's still "better". 10 is for people who want to play 10.

edit- plus you can relic-craft items to 14-15 if you like, such as https://www.wowhead.com/item=152634/endless-tincture-of-renewed-combat?bonus=6849 which is super.

Last edited:
@Warglave Similarly geared means Blue Socketed iLvL 14's for 10's vs Blue/Epic iLvl 19's for 15's (+4 iLvL over Character Level). I.E. 2x Sockets for Shoulders/Gloves/Boots/Belt, 3x Sockets for Chest/Legs, etc, all with the same Gems for the same Classes 10 vs 15.

Time To Kill isn't even close 15 vs 10. There isn't a Class I have at 15 that is superior in how fast I kill an NPC at 10. Now, it's fair to point out that most 10's have lackluster AOE, or none at all, so I'm mostly referring to ST kills.

That Alch Trinket at 15 is tits, hands down. And for AOE Classes I pushed 15 (also my Lock for Class Fantasy with the 1H/OH+Trinkets that I couldn't get all of AT 10).

I 100% agree that 10 is for Players who like 10, same as Level 1. But it's also fair to point out that pound for pound a 15 isn't going to kill say an Elite target from a Legion Invasion remotely as fast as a 10 can kill the same NPC (or at all, my well geared 15 Mage has issues with those), Dungeon Bosses as well.

so I'm mostly referring to ST kills.

Ok, well I'm referring to the whole journey, not the destination. Unless you're stealthing you still gotta get there. ;)

edit- I actually have right now a 15, 20 and 24 in a dungeon together, i should check NPC health. Can compare with a 10 later too, will be insightful to see the difference (although i'll probably forget like i always do). I think the 10 sits outside.

Ok, well I'm referring to the whole journey, not the destination. Unless you're stealthing you still gotta get there. ;)
You can take that from my old hard core Raiding days, nobody cares about Trash Meter whores, only Boss DPS ;)

Well if takes 20 minutes to get there and 1 to clear, I'd try to boost the trash DPS every day of the week.

I do have the 10 outside freehold, i'll be back with all 4 healthpools of the first boss. :cool:

@Warglave You're not wrong, I'm pointing out that my mentality is from a bygone era of serious Raiding where ONLY Boss DPS mattered. Ofc how fast you clear an entire Dungeon, Trash included, matters but I can also say that my 10 Hunter with standard gear clears anything I walk into faster than any 15 I have. What I need to do when I have time is level a 15 Hunter of the same Race so it has the same Toolkit and test out the TTK difference.

Hunter is still a meh option due to no AOE at lower Levels but then again, I still 2 shot most Trash and kill Bosses in ~20 seconds so his full clear speed is still quite good even without AOE.

I still 2 shot most Trash and kill Bosses in ~20 seconds so his full clear speed is still quite good even without AOE.

yeah, with prot pally and less so Gdruid you can pull 15+ mobs and AoE them down so it's hard to compare. Depends on trash mechanics tho... like for instance freehold has something that poisons you to reduce healing so that matters because I got cleanse at level 12. If you pulled all that at level 10 could be an issue.

Anyway, here's the healthpool pic:

b0iNCg6.png

10, 15, 20, 24. Interesting differences.

ThinkingFace

I ended up taking Arewurd from 10/11 to 15 for access to more dungeons, zones and a few pieces of gear, but only realized afterwards that the extra dungeons still don't freaking show up in dungeon finder even though I can enter them manually. Access to the Relic of the Past gear is nice too, and at 15 you get almost maximum advantage out of them.

I spend the vast majority of my time with Arewurd speed clearing 5 mans with random levelers for fun, in between zone loremaster questing. I enjoy people's various reactions to my damage, and I'm not all that worried about getting reported anymore at this point in time.

I have no issues answering the inevitable flood of questions about my gear, and even offer to slow down or dismiss my pet if people want to get more than one cast off before everything is dead.

I am still missing like 2 island mounts, so I do those occasionally but not as much as I used to since I finally swapped out my HoA once it hit level 85. Even though it gave no stats, I left it on for a while and continued to level it up for shit's n giggles. Now in islands, I usually just rush to 3k resources, and then go exploring with my Gnomish Gravity Well and goblin gliders while the other two randoms finish up (PSA, gravity well is usable in Islands if you didn't know)

My twinks are basically action figures with extra steps.

@Grahamdab I'd be interested in some point doing a comparison between your 15 Hunter and my 10, as we have basically the same gear (for each respective Character Level). I personally find that 10's just kill faster (ST) than 15's, but I don't have all Classes at 15 and have had/do have most Classes at 10.

EDIT: Nice Pirate Mog btw.

@DeLindsay Yeah, I killed things WAAAY faster as a 10. I still murder pretty hard, but it's a noticeable difference. There are a few things I can improve, like my wrists and cloak, but it's a ton of grinding as I almost never see Ideal item level 22 green BOEs. Unfortunately there are no Legion/BFA zones that require level 20 for me to go farm in, so I probably gotta make a dedicated toon at some point to farm.

Lich King level 20 zones drop Item level 22 with req 14 but no chance for tertiary or socket.

If you ever want to do comparisons or have me test something let me know.

Also, thanks for the Mog compliment, I've yet to find a look I like more than this one.

@DeLindsay There are a few things I can improve, like my wrists and cloak, but it's a ton of grinding as I almost never see Ideal item level 22 green BOEs.
That's literally why I made my 1st 15, to farm BoE's for my 10's.

ooh, I like that cloak you are wearing. I didn't realize that rare mob drops in BFA could proc a socket as well, I'll have to check that out.

Users who are viewing this thread