EU+US what do you think of the Frag Belt?

Are there any northrend engineering recipes that can only be taught from a recipe/AH and cannot be taught by a northrend engineer trainer?

It is what it is...
The people that use them want to keep them.
The people that can’t use them don’t want to keep them.
Me? I could care less, it’s just a video game.
I do find it very amusing how a lot of people that are using them are the same ones that often complain about people using “OP” consumables. Kek...

/cheers

Last edited:
Are there any northrend engineering recipes that can only be taught from a recipe/AH and cannot be taught by a northrend engineer trainer?
chopper and jeeves. both are unavailable to low levels.

I sometimes use on my mage when we are GY farming, occasionally in mid. However on my pally I’ll be testing this evening if arcane bombs 5 sec silence works. Would be a great combo for killing healers.

Stun —> arcane bomb
Arcane bombs silence do work. I ran into a 5 man heal team the other day and used one to help push out back to mid.

Not going to lie, getting opened on by two rogues and then getting double fragged is really fun and interactive gameplay, that really makes me want to continue solo queuing pugs.

I have frag belt on two twinks, and I refuse to use it on either of them. Just fucking play the game and actually outplay people, don't just crutch on an on use that you shouldn't have access to to begin with.
[doublepost=1532354169,1532353534][/doublepost]Side note on consumables such as saltwater and second wind and shit, same logic applies. Just because you can use something doesn't mean that you should. I have like 800 marks of honor, don't pretend like its hard to walk to a vendor in dalaran. It just makes games worse. I'm not less of a "twink" because I'm not doing everything I can to make my character more powerful. Its called I actually enjoy competitive games. If you feel the need to pop a saltwater potion, you're fucking trash, period, end of story. Same thing with speed pots. Position better and quit crutching on a consumable that you can't use in premades. It's literally impossible to defend consumables. To the argument of why don't I just use my own speed pot, the answer is that I shouldn't have to. I don't need to counter speed pot your speed pot if you just don't speed pot in the first place. It's not that complicated.

Not going to lie, getting opened on by two rogues and then getting double fragged is really fun and interactive gameplay, that really makes me want to continue solo queuing pugs.

I have frag belt on two twinks, and I refuse to use it on either of them. Just fucking play the game and actually outplay people, don't just crutch on an on use that you shouldn't have access to to begin with.
[doublepost=1532354169,1532353534][/doublepost]Side note on consumables such as saltwater and second wind and shit, same logic applies. Just because you can use something doesn't mean that you should. I have like 800 marks of honor, don't pretend like its hard to walk to a vendor in dalaran. It just makes games worse. I'm not less of a "twink" because I'm not doing everything I can to make my character more powerful. Its called I actually enjoy competitive games. If you feel the need to pop a saltwater potion, you're fucking trash, period, end of story. Same thing with speed pots. Position better and quit crutching on a consumable that you can't use in premades. It's literally impossible to defend consumables. To the argument of why don't I just use my own speed pot, the answer is that I shouldn't have to. I don't need to counter speed pot your speed pot if you just don't speed pot in the first place. It's not that complicated.

I can see where the logic in disagreeing with consumables you shouldn't have access to such as the Marks of Honor or Northrend Engi, but speed pots are low level classic Alchemy, I think it's fair game to use them.

I can see where the logic in disagreeing with consumables you shouldn't have access to such as the Marks of Honor or Northrend Engi, but speed pots are low level classic Alchemy, I think it's fair game to use them.
Both are bad, one is just less bad than the other. Frags are bad because 1. you shouldn't have them and 2. they are a crutch that makes games less competitive. Speed pots are just bad because they are a crutch that makes games less competitive. Just because speed pots aren't double bad doesn't mean that they aren't bad at all.
[doublepost=1532355164,1532355023][/doublepost]For example, If a blacksmith could create a weapon at blacksmithing level 25, and it had an on use that dealt 5000 damage, you would not be justified in using it just because it is easy and accessible for everyone to obtain.

I sometimes use on my mage when we are GY farming, occasionally in mid. However on my pally I’ll be testing this evening if arcane bombs 5 sec silence works. Would be a great combo for killing healers.

Stun —> arcane bomb
Too bad you can't kill anything in 10 seconds as a paladin LOL

Saw a similar thread earlier on xpoff, but what do you think of the Frag Belt?
I've heard a lot of different opinions. Especially from players missing out on the Northrend Engineering.
Post your opinions below, if you think they should remove it or not, why?

I have northrend engi on all the toons I care about, and have both belt tinkers to swap around on, and I honestly think it's quite retarded, but everyone uses them, so you kind of have to. There's also no way you kill a resto druid currently without them. 220% armor in bear is a fucking meme with way over tuned hots and heals in general. Swiftmend is a legit lay on hands atm if you have good gear.

I would like to see everything tuned down a bit, and then make other enchants worth it over ele force, or at least of equal value so that you have more options. Ele force gets quite boring.

Arcane bombs silence do work. I ran into a 5 man heal team the other day and used one to help push out back to mid.

I was really hoping that people wouldn’t find out about those. We used to used the hell out of those things “back in the day”.

/cheers

I was really hoping that people wouldn’t find out about those. We used to used the hell out of those things “back in the day”.

/cheers
Everyone should know about them if they played 39s or another bracket where people abused the fuck out of them. I doubt anyone thinks 10k a bomb on bleeding hollow is worth it when they can cobalt frag bomb on cd for free

Users who are viewing this thread