What are you doing once 6.1 goes live?

What are you going to do once 6.1 goes live?

• Nothing different

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • Using veteran account only

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Quitting bracket

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Unsubscribing

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
I think it will be like it is for f2p. We cant lock or unlock it. But the status unlocked should remain when the sub ran out.
We will see what happens

But that's just it. That's not how it worked for f2p. You used to be able to lock xp at 19. Blizzard not only took that away but forced xp back on.

But that's just it. That's not how it worked for f2p. You used to be able to lock xp at 19. Blizzard not only took that away but forced xp back on.

That should be great. I'd like to see loads of "pay to fail" that are in this bracket only to abuse f2p without a home ^^

There is absolutely no reason for them to automatically turn xp back on.

Other than the clearly stated intention that these are TRIAL accounts you will have access to with all of the restrictions of traditional TRIAL accounts (save the guild thing) there is no reason not to believe the speculation that these are not TRIAL accounts.

Other than the clearly stated intention that these are TRIAL accounts you will have access to with all of the restrictions of traditional TRIAL accounts (save the guild thing) there is no reason not to believe the speculation that these are not TRIAL accounts.
Yeah, except this time around, p2p accounts will turn into f2p accounts the second your time runs out. If xp automatically reverts to on for vets accounts, that means that every twink might have xp on after any lapse in payment. Seems pretty draconian. Though, I wouldn't put it past them.

Yeah, except this time around, p2p accounts will turn into f2p accounts the second your time runs out. If xp automatically reverts to on for vets accounts, that means that every twink might have xp on after any lapse in payment. Seems pretty draconian. Though, I wouldn't put it past them.

I was discussing this with a buddy last night. Even for blizzard, reverting toons back to xp-on seems pretty evil.

But on the other hand, this is blizzard.

Lol.. to all the people who say theyre going to change the way vet accounts work. I don't think you understand how small twinking is.. couple thousand compared to 10 million..

Lol.. to all the people who say theyre going to change the way vet accounts work. I don't think you understand how small twinking is.. couple thousand compared to 10 million..

and?

You're hoping for some elaborate scheme that circumvents the many problems with implementing starter restrictions on paid for characters. Experience lock is only one issue. Stop blinding yourselves to what veteran accounts most obviously are to be: access to auto-linked starters, which become part off your paid account once you resubscribe. If you think Blizzard is trying to encourage chronic starter accounts rather than subscriptions, you need schooling in business 101. I think some of the fogginess might drift away if the term 'f2p' would be recognized as the misnomer it is. The new veteran account is likely a move to make it easier on tech-support (auto-links) and further encourage starter account users to resubscribe. What is it about "all of the same restrictions" that continues to vaporize in these discussions?

The REAL issue for chronic starter twinks and 6.1 is: will the queues get fixed?

I have no idea what is going on...

I will buy the BoA necklace? Continue to play?

They changed the ability to lock exp at 19 on trials.

Stay in da loop man.

Really sounds like you never figured out why blizzard made veteran accounts in the first place
To help ease old and new players into a monthly sub fee via allowing them to taste new content (now 20+) without having to pay first.
This company looks to make $$$, the feature wasn't created so that a 19/20 could play in their respective brackets for free.

It was a worst case scenario anyways...the chances something may happen is extremely slim.

Was this meant to be posted to F2P? I don't see any reason for 29's to be salty about the 6.1 changes which these poll options seems to suggest.

When 6.1 hits I will be giving each character their own copy of heirlooms for any items that are currently shared, as well as buying the few remaining heirlooms I don't have and getting the level 1 mount.

i know many P2P account players who play 20's, some fully enchanted and soem 20's under F2P self imposed rules. there aren't many active twink brackets right now pretty much 20-29 and 91-99. the higher one is really messed up due to BA and gear +scaling.issue where a player can wear a level 34 item and it gets scaled to 590 causing a 91-99 BrM to have 4X the BA a level-100 would ever have and more AP. many players who play at 100 PVP are not happy either

alot of 19's on inactive accounts could start playing again and reviving the bracket, depends on how they treat xp off 19's on a veteran account, on a F2P account you can't turn off XP, and if you have a F2P 19 with XP off they will flip it on when you enter a BG and put you in a XP earning BG.

with all that being said, there are some full WOD account subbed players considering going inactive to play 19's and 20's more so hoping for 19's

To help ease old and new players into a monthly sub fee via allowing them to taste new content (now 20+) without having to pay first.
This company looks to make $$$, the feature wasn't created so that a 19/20 could play in their respective brackets for free.

It was a worst case scenario anyways...the chances something may happen is extremely slim.

Agreed on it, don't really think Blizz would want to give their subbed players an option to stop paying them suddenly. Not really expecting anything good and better out of going a veteran account altogether. But maybe just keep your paid account active and make your second acc as veteran to try it out.

Agreed on it, don't really think Blizz would want to give their subbed players an option to stop paying them suddenly. Not really expecting anything good and better out of going a veteran account altogether. But maybe just keep your paid account active and make your second acc as veteran to try it out.

Is really that hard to understand that paid account and veteran account are not 2 different things?

Users who are viewing this thread