Warscrub Gulch - XP on WSG post-5.1

iaccidentallytwink

Guild Master
Warscrub Gulch

So here's my final contribution to twinking/addons/exploiting/etc (whatever you wish to call it) for a while. I call it Warscrub Gulch. 5.1 seemed to fix the last way to play full battlegrounds with your XP off in XP on battlegrounds, at least for now. This addon doesn't let you come anywhere near that, but it's something. I'm sure most people remember when 3.1 first hit, what "twinks" would do was enter WSG and leave before the first cap, or hold the flag the whole game, etc.

This code was originally written for the Twinks! addon, which will be on the backburner for now, but I decided to give another thing back to the community I love for now. In Warsong Gulch, you will ONLY gain XP when one of the following things happen:
- Your team captures a flag.
- The opposing team wins.
- Time runs out.

The addon detects when these events are about to occur and will drop the battleground before the cap. It will log you out when there are 40 seconds remaining on the timer. If you are not logged out when there are 10 seconds remaining, it will kick you. It has no other XP prevention features. Do not forget to turn off your XP when you are done scrubbing it up.

If the addon logs you out instead of kicking you, wait 1 minute before logging back in.

Warscrub Gulch contains one of my favorite portions of the Twinks! addon code, and it took me some time to come up with and write the idea. I hate to be a beggar, but if this addon lets you enjoy scrubbing it up for a little longer without fear of dinging your favorite character, I would appreciate a dollar or two donated to help me out via PayPal; my address is n4ruexe@gmail.com. I'm currently in the worst financial and personal state of my life, so any help at all is appreciated. A simple thanks is appreciated as well.

Official Site

For every couple donations, I will add extra features to the addon!

Enjoy, and keep on twinking!

Changelog:
* Now logs out with 40 seconds remaining, and kicks with 10 seconds remaining.

* Kick box shrunk.
+ No longer kicks you while entering your base while holding the flag.
0.1d
* Code cleanup.
* Now logs out with 30 seconds remaining, and kicks with 10 seconds remaining.
0.1c
* Code cleanup.
+ Attempts to logout at 2 minutes (still kicks at 1 minute).

0.1b
* Initial Release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Addon Thirk, can't wait to test it out :)

This sounds like really technical stuff...it's crazy how you aren't well-to-do with your programming stuff. Maybe talk to those big-name addon companies.

charging players for an addon, GJ on supporting the twink community.

He was asking politely for donations, buddy. You can use the addon without paying (though it would be nice in appreciation of his efforts). Thanks Thirk, I appreciate this. He's a good guy.

Edit: I was on my 84 horde mage and 5-10 seconds after an alliance player picked up my team's flag, it kicked me. They weren't anywhere near their base with the flag. We also had grabbed their flag, if that helps. I'll post more about it to help you with fixing bugs and stuff.

Also just wanted to mention that SoA only gives experience when a round ends (when someone touches the relic). That might be easy to code, I don't know.

This sounds like really technical stuff...it's crazy how you aren't well-to-do with your programming stuff. Maybe talk to those big-name addon companies.
The code itself is incredibly simple and didn't take too long to write, it was the idea that took some thought.

Also, fixed the Horde bug. Works now. LUA is dumb and apparently 0 returns true, rofl.

He was asking politely for donations, buddy. You can use the addon without paying (though it would be nice in appreciation of his efforts). Thanks Thirk, I appreciate this. He's a good guy.

Edit: I was on my 84 horde mage and 5-10 seconds after an alliance player picked up my team's flag, it kicked me. They weren't anywhere near their base with the flag. We also had grabbed their flag, if that helps. I'll post more about it to help you with fixing bugs and stuff.

Also just wanted to mention that SoA only gives experience when a round ends (when someone touches the relic). That might be easy to code, I don't know.
TY for the information, I'll look into it.

Alright. I took a look at the code. The reason you got kicked was because the information used to check where the flags are doesn't update automatically upon a pickup, only upon a drop. This means that you might get kicked at the wrong time, but it will never not kick you at the right time because flag drops always update. I'll look into a workaround for false kicks by checking to see if the flag carriers are alive. The addon should be safe to use.

You are saying it'll always kick you at the right time, but sometimes kick you at the wrong time. :)

Didn't you get married or was that someone else.

You are saying it'll always kick you at the right time, but sometimes kick you at the wrong time. :)
Yes.
Didn't you get married or was that someone else.
Yes and I'd prefer that didn't get brought up, it was an awful mistake and I'm a dumbass.

Excuse me for sounding a little dumb, but how do I use your program? I understand that it is in lue but how do I execute it?

Damn it Juno like my friend said you are the cancer of this website. Thanks for this! Much appreciated.

You will be alright man. Everything happens for a reason.
Smile like if you won the lotto and do it the next day and the nrxt.

yeah me myself i dont use healing addons only bg targets and healers must die. But keybinds are a must for max situation awareness.

Only add-on i did use was BG targets, but that was mainly to prioritise FC's over anything else, dunno why i just prefer knowing whos enemy FC so i can use different gear / buffs that i carry around.

Warscrub Gulch is working great, kicks you as soon as someone on your team takes the flag into your flag room

Hey there,
i really appreciate that you have created this addon ;D
Sadly i don't have a clue how to use it. Would be cool if you write a small guide how to execute it so guys like me can use it too^^

Greetings and thx a lot for the effort :)

Thirk, it works like a charm, thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread