Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

All I know is early Cata healing was so bad that I unsubbed. Iwas thinking about resubbing for WoD.

Now I know I won't.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

In my opinion cata heroics were not as hard as you say, at least I managed to DPS as ele shama in them pretty good without any problems (and full of blues). While BC heroics were horrible, they were especially hard without CC classes to control trash and could be "run through" only with a decent group full of epics.

BTW I'd like to say that I'm with you guys for a "hard" game, that way it's more interesting, challenging and much more time consuming :(

what is this bullshit you speak of

cata heroics were perhaps the hardest of them all and most time consuming . I think the devs did a great job at redefining the hard in being heroic..hard like heroic. Hue hue hue like a druid in the general channel that comes to mind
all bosses and trash were "anti-melee" and had some sort of a tool to keep melees and close-range casters in check

I have not done firelands in a loooong while but when firelands went live after a few months my melees simply didn't stand a chance due to all the shit exploding and massive aoe dots n bleeds after they died. YES EVEN NORMAL MODE WAS A BITCH

0,o

Do not want.

edit: the devs and leadership at Blizz are idiots. they possess ZERO foresight.
it's now going on three expacs that they are trying to make content 'more challenging, more fun, and more engaging." except Deeps and tanks have had it easier than ever. tank job is 'count to X number stacks, taunt, rinse repeat.' Dps job is 'blow all Cds and... stay out of bad?' but standing in bad to get that last buffed ability off is a reinforced, since topping the charts is the all-everything goal. so staying out of bad really isn't a big deal for DPS. the healers will just get them back up, right? since the beginning of Cata, EVERY boss throws shit on the ground. gotta get out of the bad. this leads to more and more mobility being added to healers with instant casts. but now, Blizz wants to take away the mobility by adding cast times. the thing is THIS ONLY PUNISHES HEALERS.

Instead of void zones causing the player to die, which ultimately punishes THE HEALER for bad gameplay, Blizz needs to make it so void zones prevent you from doing your job. i.e. instead of void zones making the healer have to scramble to do a bunch of extra healing, the void zones should add a debuff that says "YOU CANNOT ATTACK" until they get out of the bad.

Fking Blizz. they truly hate heals.

edit2: i would be more cool with it if we could cast while moving. stationary casting is SO 1999.

It's blizzards own fault for adding a metric fuck ton of cast on the move spells along with CC/interupts. Part of this is pves fault, All these instants and moving casts are required for end game raiding. In turn this CC is needed in pvp too to try and stop it. It's just a big mess though, and i dont see how they are going to go back to the old formula now that everyone has been spoiled by cast on the move/instants.

That's what I'm trying to say. There's an incredible amount of stuff on the ground now compared to Vanilla, TBC and even Wrath. There's an incredible amount of movement required even for normal modes. Try beating heroic Throne of Tides on a holy paladin with a cast time on WoG or LoD. You'll wipe. Try adding those cast times to your healers for Nozdormu in End Time. Good luck with that. People who said that the game was harder back then have rose colored glasses. The mechanics in normal mode leveling dungeons are MUCH more complex than anything Pre-Cata, heroic raids included.

Healers HAVE to have mobility. If they don't have it, you know what you get? Hpals spamming flash and nothing else, because it's the only thing we can get off before having to move again.

As I said before, add a cast time to everything, BUT LET US CAST WHILE MOVING.

Ultimately healers will get over it, but I'm pretty sure that if healing is as rough at the beginning of WoD add it was at the beginning of Cata, it will be the final straw for me. And more than anything else, I'll be pissed at myself for giving them more money when I should have known better...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still waiting for a hard break between PvE and PvP. PvP only gearsets for each spec, unlocked with honor, and balanced for each bracket would be great.

Midiot is searching for skirmish partners for his Allied Hpal on Nazjatar (Americas). Midiot is willing to reroll most any other class/spec/faction combo elsewhere

I dont think they will allow F2P's to use ''Heirlooms, Toys, and maybe Tabards will be available account-wide through the Collections system.' Since they already dont want them to mail it.

And they probably changed that Honor->Justice points just to fuck with us.

I dont think they will allow F2P's to use ''Heirlooms, Toys, and maybe Tabards will be available account-wide through the Collections system.' Since they already dont want them to mail it.

And they probably changed that Honor->Justice points just to fuck with us.

they dont care about f2p. they will simply implement the system (without caring about f2ps can use or cant use them), the chance f2ps will be able to use it is 50%.

Healing was not " that bad" early MoP. Not any worse than it is at the beginning of every expansion. The problem is/was that many new healers had grown accustomed to being able to use their most expensive heal all the time without negative impact. The second they had to learn mana conservation all hell broke loose. I suspect we will see a similar thing happen with the item squish and mp5 this expansion as well. Adaption and relearning your class s what half of the fun is. That is why I generally only play one class. Quality > quantity

Sweetsidney ...

I have the feeling that WoD will be the big f2p reroll festival.

I dont think we get account-wide heirloom tab and with the change of stats several items will not stay "BIS".

And it would be more than blizlike when the pvp satchel contain pve items.

But that's just my personal feeling.

I have the feeling that WoD will be the big f2p reroll festival.

I dont think we get account-wide heirloom tab and with the change of stats several items will not stay "BIS".

And it would be more than blizlike when the pvp satchel contain pve items.

But that's just my personal feeling.

With resil where it is at I don't really care.

On topic on the heirloom/toy tab, I think we would have access to it. It seems pretty core to the system. As for rerolling I think I will be! Very lonely on Anachronos :(

One thing I noticed today was a blue tweet from MMO champ.

I can queue as a tank and finish a 5-man in 10 minutes for a near-guaranteed 250 honor. BG takes that just to get in, no guarantee.
A combination of high JP rewards and a well-intentioned but easily abused currency conversion. (holinka)
We could easily have turned off the conversion long ago but trying not to be mean. Perhaps we should. (holinka)

Link

I am getting worried that we may lose access to stuff through currencies. They have stated that they are going over currencies and could well be removing some. The introduction of a pvp loot bag seems a bit odd all of a sudden (they have had 2 expansions to do something like it). It almost seems like it could replace honour low levels. I don't want to say the sky is falling or be overly superstitious but it may be worth getting all you can before WoD just to be on the safe side.

Dont wanna be a buzz kill but i highly doubt we will ever see it available. same as pet battles this is not made for people who start their gaming experience but for lvl caped ppl. thus no point of turning it on. they didnt even let trials get heartsone mount and that was a promo thing for 2 games..

lets hope bout loom&tabard tab goes live for us without blizz carrying. or by fail for few daiyzz :p

Users who are viewing this thread