Warlords of Draenor Changes for F2P

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the armor kits still providing +16 armor? And does that equate to as much damage reduction as it sounds?

All this from the bracket that's supposed to be "toned down crazy health pools" and "slow, drawn out fights with less burst" It's sounding like the exact opposite...

Still 16, i notice very little with them on, but then again i barely notice trial enchants/armor kits anyway.

From what i have seen so far
Prot pally nerfed into the ground 250 AS, junk heals
Rets only better because of how shitty Prot is 500-600 crits, great heals
Enh seems to be in a good place 200-400ish
Ele op 300-600ish crits, infinite mana, 1k heals
Sub rogue is nerfed considerably 700ish crits
Mage, especially frost is in a very good place 200-800ish hits
Guardian/feral OP
Arms warrior doesnt seem too scary, from rets perspective

I think that's all ive seen so far

Still 16, i notice very little with them on, but then again i barely notice trial enchants/armor kits anyway.

From what i have seen so far
Prot pally nerfed into the ground 250 AS, junk heals
Rets only better because of how shitty Prot is 500-600 crits, great heals
Enh seems to be in a good place 200-400ish
Ele op 300-600ish crits, infinite mana, 1k heals
Sub rogue is nerfed considerably 700ish crits
Mage, especially frost is in a very good place 200-800ish hits
Guardian/feral OP
Arms warrior doesnt seem too scary, from rets perspective

I think that's all ive seen so far

They upped how much physical red. you get per point of armor. That's why gear has like 6 armor yet you still "feel" like you have plate on. But... the kits remain at +16 armor. That means the kits/armor chants alone yield like 22% reduction. If it's not too much trouble can you look at your physical reduction % and then throw on 1 armor kit and tell me what those 2 percentages are?

I'm trying to free up harddrive space, right now I can't install the ptr. I've somehow burned through 500GB...

Also your Mage info makes me happy lol. What is hitting for 800, a crit FB?

Off topic: Dang, here I'm waiting on the stupid computer parts to repair my computer and I'm missing out of them looms.

On topic: Question, any of y'all on beta/ptr see any changes in world quests other then the ones mentioned in ashenvale?

Off topic: Dang, here I'm waiting on the stupid computer parts to repair my computer and I'm missing out of them looms.

Buy both shields and the book. JP vendors are now selling loams for high amounts of gold. So the only way to t get those BoA are through DMF. Except those 3, they are org vendor only.

They upped how much physical red. you get per point of armor. That's why gear has like 6 armor yet you still "feel" like you have plate on. But... the kits remain at +16 armor. That means the kits/armor chants alone yield like 22% reduction. If it's not too much trouble can you look at your physical reduction % and then throw on 1 armor kit and tell me what those 2 percentages are?

I'm trying to free up harddrive space, right now I can't install the ptr. I've somehow burned through 500GB...

I'll check and post results when the Ptr comes back up, its pretty unstable. FB, yep.

On topic: Question, any of y'all on beta/ptr see any changes in world quests other then the ones mentioned in ashenvale?

Haven't checked, what was said to have changed in Ashenvale?

Buy both shields and the book. JP vendors are now selling loams for high amounts of gold. So the only way to t get those BoA are through DMF. Except those 3, they are org vendor only.

I'm good with the jp items, kind of was referring to the other ones that people been saying would turn into gold after WoD hits.

Haven't checked, what was said to have changed in Ashenvale?

The one that the old warchief (can't spell it out right on this hand held) text replaced with new warchief text for killing the demon in the tunnel. Kind of was interested if any other quest(s) changed as well. Like if the first Forsaken quest in that 10-15 zone changed.

I have been doing all of the mage testing so far and as it looks, the only way to go is evaneace for talent choices
other classes are so bursty atm that those 3 secs of taking nothing is a huge deal I tried sqitching up the talents but it could not compensate.

Frost is doing great since it has shatter but fire has some potential with crits can hit 450 pyro non crit. I haven't finished fire testing since the ptr is going crazy but ill tell more as I find out :D

w/o armor kits 23.06% red
w/ 1 armor kit 25.70% red

With 142 sp on a priest
pw:s critting for 1.4k, ~700 normally, procs borrowed time which increases haste gained from sources by 40%
psychic scream is gone, invis is cool but priests are going from 2 ccs to none, which sucks
penance ticks ~280 healing, ~140 damage
flash heal for ~600, crits 1.1k
holy nova (disc) heals for ~155 (crit heals 330), damages for ~60
smite hits for ~130, hf for ~190
sw: p ticks for ~70
still very hard to actually run oom

also, my health increased from 1701 to 2390

combat bonuses from professions are gone (herb, mining, etc)

can you still enchant gear

like bracers/shield/weapon/gloves/boots, etc

what enchants are being removed

The enchanting trainer on the PTR still has all the sub-100 skill enchants and the leatherworking trainer still has armor kits, so for now it looks like they're staying.

Also worth noting:

• AV and EotS are available at 20
  • The Human Spirit gives 5 Versatility at 20 (+1.31% damage/healing done, -0.65% damage taken)
  • Northrend JP rep commendations removed from vendors
  • Halaani Whiskey no longer provides Stam buff
  • Garrosh's Pardon and Unbountied Cloak replaced with differently-named items with the same stats (updated Grandfathered section to reflect this). Bow of Ire appears unchanged.

Will add more as I have time to explore the PTR a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread