Warlock Rating/Tips

Thanks for the stat evaluation [MENTION=18568]Hashbrowns[/MENTION]! I get the survivability part at least to the extent you and kibbies talked about it, but do you have a specific set of formulas you are using to evaluate damage rotations, or is there a level appropriate training dummy somewhere I can try some things out on?

Lol @Blizzards awesome flavor text. Those things rarely disappoint. :)

do you have a specific set of formulas you are using to evaluate damage rotations, or is there a level appropriate training dummy somewhere I can try some things out on?

I do everything in Excel. I based my rotation on the most important to the least. So getting Immolate ticking, burn both conflags, Incinerate spam until you have to refresh your dot. Obv you will probably save conflag for the slow and use it at an opportune time, but it doesn't really matter when you use it. If you are slowing the team/melee you'll probably be using them right as they come off CD. If I did everything right (which still needs to be looked at): the big numbers come from the 235% sp as damage you receive for your Immolate tick and your Incinerate spam. You can Immolate more then one target correct? So if it was me I'd tab Immolate and then go back to your focus and Incinerate. Keep your conflags to peel melee off yourself or the heals. But anyways you probably already know all that, this is my first time looking at destro seriously lol.

So in-conclusion: You can't get enough haste for the extra tick of Immolate and the faster cast time doesn't offset the difference the 235% of your sp makes to your dot. (INB4 Bend pulls numbers from the Darkmoon Robe with Haste lol), Crit is the lowest. Stack stamina until you are comfortable. Spell power over all after that.

Edit: I don't play a lock, so real world input is encouraged. These numbers are a raiding approach and an attempt to find a "best stat" to stack.. (haste vs crit vs sp)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do everything in Excel. I based my rotation on the most important to the least. So getting Immolate ticking, burn both conflags, Incinerate spam until you have to refresh your dot. Obv you will probably save conflag for the slow and use it at an opportune time, but it doesn't really matter when you use it. If you are slowing the team/melee you'll probably be using them right as they come off CD. If I did everything right (which still needs to be looked at): the big numbers come from the 235% sp as damage you receive for your Immolate tick and your Incinerate spam. You can Immolate more then one target correct? So if it was me I'd tab Immolate and then go back to your focus and Incinerate. Keep your conflags to peel melee off yourself or the heals. But anyways you probably already know all that, this is my first time looking at destro seriously lol.

So in-conclusion: You can't get enough haste for the extra tick of Immolate and the faster cast time doesn't offset the difference the 235% of your sp makes to your dot. (INB4 Bend pulls numbers from the Darkmoon Robe with Haste lol), Crit is the lowest. Stack stamina until you are comfortable. Spell power over all after that.

Edit: I don't play a lock, so real world input is encouraged. These numbers are a raiding approach and an attempt to find a "best stat" to stack.. (haste vs crit vs sp)

imo gear with haste cloak belt and 1 trinket . this gets u roughly 5% . then when u use lifeblood ( haha u thought i was going to link chest :p ) you get just over enough for 1 extra immolate tick. use this when you are initially immolating everyone for megga damage increase .
Hashbrowns

that or make friends with ur local boomy druid :)

you are actually correct in your ideas ive played a lock for 5 years you know what your doing dont play possum lol

Looking at the haste a little more, I'm seeing ~2.312 haste points needed per haste percentage (although that's outside the bg, will test inside later). That means that when popping lifeblood I only really need 2 of those pieces of haste gear to make the ~10% breakpoint for immolate if I'm doing the math right. Anything that speeds up fear cast time is huge though.

Boomies have a nice aura about them.

Wow! Even just at first glance, that's an incredible tool [MENTION=18568]Hashbrowns[/MENTION]. Guess it would pay for me to not be lazy and get on reading those sticky threads.

Wow! Even just at first glance, that's an incredible tool [MENTION=18568]Hashbrowns[/MENTION]. Guess it would pay for me to not be lazy and get on reading those sticky threads.

Np, have fun with it. Let me know if your numbers don't match what you get in BGs or anything funky ;)

destro math

Ok that's what I got. Download it and edit it, the viewer sucks. 10% haste is possible with every haste piece in the game, so yes Musty Tome and the Darkmoon Robe. But as you might figure losing the insane amount of SP you get from the staff's isn't worth it. You can build your own on F2PDev and input your stats (haste, crit, and sp) into the Excel to find your true BiS. Grand Staff is sexy for locks but I can't get hit to work out well, you just lose too many other stats trying to avoid the Rune. See if your minions miss and go from there. Sorry for the insane amount of info, I quit recently so this is biding my time for now. Hope it helps lol

destro math

Ok that's what I got. Download it and edit it, the viewer sucks. 10% haste is possible with every haste piece in the game, so yes Musty Tome and the Darkmoon Robe. But as you might figure losing the insane amount of SP you get from the staff's isn't worth it. You can build your own on F2PDev and input your stats (haste, crit, and sp) into the Excel to find your true BiS. Grand Staff is sexy for locks but I can't get hit to work out well, you just lose too many other stats trying to avoid the Rune. See if your minions miss and go from there. Sorry for the insane amount of info, I quit recently so this is biding my time for now. Hope it helps lol

I can do that?
horde or ally? and what race?

I can do that?
horde or ally? and what race?

Sure, there's nothing race/faction specific in there. F2PDev will add your extra 1% haste or 1% crit if you are of that race. Just build w/e you want in F2PDev and throw your SP, haste, and crit in the row. Name it w/e you want. It will recalculate. You can change for how long too, I just did a large number to remove RNG errors.

Edit: It doesn't do any pet damage and the spells use the average of the static amount added to a spell. ie http://www.wowhead.com/spell=29722/incinerate (69+75)/2 so 72. I accounted for GCD as best I could, but this whole thing took like an hour so it might not be perfect.

This thread is filled with really good information, and great tips for warlocks. On the haste discussion,you're not stacking haste to get an extra tick on immolate, but rather for a lower gcd, and faster cast speed. This allows for a double conflag, in a very short window. I'm liking the way your set p is, with haste back, belt and trinket, it's what I use when I don't need a trinket against the opposing team, or if my team has a dispeller. And as others mentioned before, you want to stack int>crit since you can't stack enough crit for it to matter, and you'd lose a great amount of spell power.

Sent on iPhone.

This thread is filled with really good information, and great tips for warlocks. On the haste discussion,you're not stacking haste to get an extra tick on immolate, but rather for a lower gcd, and faster cast speed. This allows for a double conflag, in a very short window. I'm liking the way your set p is, with haste back, belt and trinket, it's what I use when I don't need a trinket against the opposing team, or if my team has a dispeller. And as others mentioned before, you want to stack int>crit since you can't stack enough crit for it to matter, and you'd lose a great amount of spell power.

Sent on iPhone.

I would disagree on the immolate and crit, but that prob boils down to playstyle and positioning.
I would also advise against double tapping conflag, unless you are sure its gonna land a kill, and you know there is no enemy rogues near you. Otherwise save the second for slowing that rogue :)
Incinerate-immolate-conflag along with fireballs from imp or lash of pain from Succy would be just as effective in most cases in my experience :)

Last edited:
I would disagree on the immolate and crit, but that prob boils down to playstyle and positioning.
I would also advise against double tapping conflag, unless you are sure its gonna land a kill, and you know there is no enemy rogues near you. Otherwise save the second for slowing that rogue :)
Incinerate-immolate-conflag along with fireballs from imp or lash of pain from Succy would be just as effective in most cases in my experience :)

Of course double conflag only if you can secure the kill. And getting an extra tick on immolate is barely any dps gain IMO.

Of course double conflag only if you can secure the kill. And getting an extra tick on immolate is barely any dps gain IMO.

Imo it is. Pop lb and spread them immolates, watch ppl burn and die :p
#locklife
But as f2p I would advise against haste stacking all together since I feel like I'm gimping myself, p2p with haste chants tho is very fun ;)

#locklife
But as f2p I would advise against haste stacking all together since I feel like I'm gimping myself, p2p with haste chants tho is very fun ;)

Destru just isn't about dots, or spread Damage, it's single target dps. It's better to use lifeblood for a nuke on a single target or fear, than to spread immolates.

Destru just isn't about dots, or spread Damage, it's single target dps. It's better to use lifeblood for a nuke on a single target or fear, than to spread immolates.

If the teams split in O and D sure, But that rarely happens anymore?
Also did I say it was all about dot dmg? Fear and knowing when who to burst should be second nature..

#locklife

If the teams split in O and D sure, But that rarely happens anymore?
Also did I say it was all about dot dmg? Fear and knowing when who to burst should be second nature..
That's what I got from your post, I suppose I misinterpreted. My mistake :). And yes fearing and knowing when who to Burst should be second nature.

Users who are viewing this thread