Wargame Interest?

Would you participate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kakakaka

Veteran
Hey.

Been about half a year since the previous set of wargames, and since then a lot of changes have gone through that have changed the meta a bit.

To the point, I want to know how many people are still around and willing to play.

If this thread gets enough votes to satisfy me, then I will look into putting it together later this month.

Down to run some more again, just cant run every night, a schedule of when wargames happen before time would be sick so that people can RSVP for them. You can actually set up discord events to do this or even just an announcement and not like. "forming in 10 minutes" and then taking 40 minutes to form

sounds fun, but tbh, its hard to have enough people for 2v2 arenas theses days, i dont see 20 people at the same time. hopefully it happens.

Gotta agree with cig on this one. The biggest detractor of wargames for me and I imagine alot of others is the "we getting ready to go just need 2 more people" statement. and then an hour+ later still nothing has happened. For me I dont have anywhere close to as much time as i once did to play wow. So it can be hard to justify 2+ hours to get 1 maybe 2 games out if it.

I think a way of helping this a bit and to get a bigger following towards it is for everyone participating to understand there are def different skill levels of twinks in the bg. some that have a understanding of how wargames work. some who have never seen one. and some that is all they do anymore. atleast till a large pool of participants can attempt to be built where it could be different skillsets. but atleast start off with the wargame league where there can be preset rules of engagement to encourage a more balanced experience. aka no fotm stacking etc. just my 2 cents
[doublepost=1641529723,1641529608][/doublepost]The players are there. just a big detractor for ALOT of people is the toxicity of what has been known to come with participating.

The players are there. just a big detractor for ALOT of people is the toxicity of what has been known to come with participating.
wargames for the past couple years have actually been really pleasant. I was shocked, honestly. If you've got early wow wargames on the mind, I understand your hesitancy but really and truly they have not just been fun game, but a good time in voice as well. Even from some of the forums more... chippy personalities.

War games would be absolute fun and worth doing if hunters were banned and crusader was banned. Hunters just ruin this bracket right now.

War games would be absolute fun and worth doing if hunters were banned and crusader was banned. Hunters just ruin this bracket right now.
hunters can be countered in wargames. they are not some godlike character like in bgs. with coordination and a good team they usually are not a super threat.

We had an unspoken "1 hunter limit" in wargames earlier this xpac and it honestly wasnt bad. They are obviously sill busted but when your whole team is twinks, theyre a bit less oppressive.

Hey legitimate question, is this open to all specs or is the expectation teams will resemble what is considered meta within the confines of the war game rules?
Ideally compositions resemble what is considered meta, but it's honestly a very thin line because of how many compositions are competitively viable this expac.

It's definitely not unheard of for off-meta specs to receive play in wargames, but it has to be balanced appropriately. I will say that it's unlikely something like BM monk or Prot war receives play without some sort of very legitimate reasoning.

Ideally compositions resemble what is considered meta, but it's honestly a very thin line because of how many compositions are competitively viable this expac.

It's definitely not unheard of for off-meta specs to receive play in wargames, but it has to be balanced appropriately. I will say that it's unlikely something like BM monk or Prot war receives play without some sort of very legitimate reasoning.
Was more thinking can I play feral. TBH my schedule and time zone exclude me automatically but TF did some in guild war games early last year and it was the most fun I had in game I would love to be apart of it.

Trying very hard to not sound like that guy that just tells someone how their idea won’t work and offers no solution. I honestly love and appreciate the fact you are trying to make this happen as I realize it is a lot of work.

Other class’ I was thinking about was any druid spec (apart from FC) enhance, ele? Seen an int stacked undead (name escapes me) fire mage the other day owning, Kracks DH dps has been killer in the games i’ve seen in and even hawk playing blood DK has been ripping it up.

Have tried to get in some games in the past where a healer or arc mage was wanted, already had Hpal slotted so that’s me out.

I get you need more interest and are trying to make it more open but it still feels like it’s is only designed for specific people and class preferences.

Again I don’t have a solution that is going to keep everyone happy and do commend you for actually doing something rather than complaining about how bad the bracket is.

Put me down as curious, interested but limited!

<3

Users who are viewing this thread