WARFORGED GEAR BUGGED! UPDATE - GM CONFIRMED

Where on any gear does it say 'Titanforged'?

There was a really informative post here a few days ago about the reasoning behind assuming an item was titan forged. Too lazy to find it, but in short this is what it explained.

Warforged gear adds +10 ilvls to a piece.
On the Armory all normal felshroud gear is shown as 700 ilvl.
The 710 gear on the armory should be correctly warforged and is the crap version of the item.
Because of this we assume the higher ilvl "warforged" piece is "titanforged" because on the armory it's displayed as 720 itemlevels (which warforged CAN NOT roll)

There was a really informative post here a few days ago about the reasoning behind assuming an item was titan forged. Too lazy to find it, but in short this is what it explained.

Warforged gear adds +10 ilvls to a piece.
On the Armory all normal felshroud gear is shown as 700 ilvl.
The 710 gear on the armory should be correctly warforged and is the crap version of the item.
Because of this we assume the higher ilvl "warforged" piece is "titanforged" because on the armory it's displayed as 720 itemlevels (which warforged CAN NOT roll)
It was my Thread and I still hold to my hypothesis that the current +10 iLvL is the intended Titanforged but that it's bugged for lower Levels. I had always hoped that Blizz would address the WF with no increase, even if they only bump those +5 iLvL it'll still be BiS in some cases (if you don't have the +10 iLvL). I myself have kept every single drop from Invasions, mostly because I'm tracking the drop rates and it's a matter of proof for later on.

Last edited:
I heard from a little birdy that Warforged pieces at low levels won't be changed to +10/+20 but might get changed to +5/+10.

+20 ilvl on a low level piece would be absurd.

If we're all getting the same answer its very likely this will be fixed and it will be global, to every item within the system, not just future items.

If that were the case, then everyone's Mist Goggles would be GF'd and still BIS'd lol, so for those worried it won't effect their item, it will.
That's not even a remotely valid comparison.

This is exactly what im doing.

Im still farming for titanforged but still keeping bugged warforged gear just incase it gets fixed

dont talk to the whack ass stupid gms if you open a ticket and ask i prefer to do livechat just make a excuse about someshit then after when he says wot else can his useless ass do ask for a senior gm (these the niggas that know shit) and ask him bout the gear

I heard from a little birdy that Warforged pieces at low levels won't be changed to +10/+20 but might get changed to +5/+10.

+20 ilvl on a low level piece would be absurd.
While I cannot believe I'm actually agreeing with anything that @bigmoran says, I'm fairly confident he's correct. The only caveat is that +20 iLvL, while it certainly would be OPAF, isn't out of the realm of pissibility if you consider at 10 I have GF'd items as high as iLvL 28 (currently higher than the iLvL 25 "TF" that we get now from Invasions) so it stands to reason that a true Titanforged item should be truly BiS and higher iLvL, even over older GF'd Gear.

Can confirm, i reported this 2 hours after the WF patch came out, and GM told me that they are aware and working on the issue to fix the gear, its DEFINETLY not supposed to be the same ilvl as the regular gear, regardless if its +5/+10 whatever.

I've been getting lucky with my Ilvl 34 shit today, managed to get 3 damn pieces haha. If this is true though, that would be sick! I sent in a ticket as well with a relatively same question regarding the bugged warforged gear, I will post back with a response when I receive one :) Although GM's are typically wrong about everything and don't know shit, would still be nice if this was true.

Here is facts to destroy all the tardos claiming it is TF gear.
Thunderforged was in Throne of Thunder. In Seige of Orgrammar, it was changed to Warforged. They liked the name so didn't change going into Warlords. In Legion, Titanforged is going to replace Warforged.

Invasion gear is running off of its very own system, with the same name (they should've made it Felforged or Fel-infused to clear up the mass confusion causing 90% of the gat dam playerbase to call it TF). Normal item can roll +10. Did +10 pass? Yes. Now roll for +10. Did both pass? Now +20. Capped.

It is a shitty hashed and spaghetti coded version of Titanforged in Legion that rolls the same way as above. Normal item can roll +5. Did +5 pass? Yes. Now roll for +5. Did +5 pass? Yes. Now roll for +5. Did +5 pass? Yes. Now roll for +5. Did +5 pass? No. Stop rolling. Gear is +15 ilvl of normal version. 3 successful rolls out of 9 (or 11 for +55? I do not know what the hard cap is but I know that the hard cap for first 3 weeks is ilvl 850 no matter how many rolls succeed - changes with raiding etc).

Oh, should also note that the original version of Warforged was only +6 as that is what Thunderforged was. +10 was introduced with Warlords. Original Titanforged was only supposed to be +15 ilvl or higher, but I am pretty certain that they just changed it all to Titanforged (at least in Legion, and let HFC just do its own stooped thing).

Literally who f'ing cares what others call it @Lyrarath it's no skin off your back and doesn't effect you in one damn way so give it up already and let ppl call shit w/e the fook they want to call it. Since you DON'T WORK FOR BLIZZ, you also don't know 100% for sure what it's called or not called so jump down from your high horse and join the rest of us farming the ever living shit out of these Invasions while it lasts.

Can't find a post, but can almost certainly confirm that weapons do NOT Warforge due to my testing and the testing of 8 of my friends. We have opened around a combined 2000 boxes and were idiots that didn't write anything down. But not one of us got a single WF weapon. Cheers, guys. Should only have 8 items to farm not 9.

Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong and provide a screenshot.

Can't find a post, but can almost certainly confirm that weapons do NOT Warforge due to my testing and the testing of 8 of my friends. We have opened around a combined 2000 boxes and were idiots that didn't write anything down. But not one of us got a single WF weapon. Cheers, guys. Should only have 8 items to farm not 9.

Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong and provide a screenshot.
weapons can warforge xd xd xd

Users who are viewing this thread