War Within Level 20 Info

^ this.
Gear scaling in TWW will see 10's ilvl nearly halved, & 20's will have normal dungeon blues scaled up some 24 ilvl, spreading out the gap of power. Not sure what 29's will have, but you can bet it will also get buffed, but I think that dungeon mobs will be seeing their potency increased along with the gear balance.

That &... my growing disdain for disrespectful, degenerate group play, particularly by absurdly unbalanced low-level toons; & by twinks in general.
Yeah, I know... we're all shooting for being as powerful as possible. I have run ahead of the group with other twinks, indifferent to the rest of the group. I have used the broken SL trinks in normal dungeons with normal levelers... I have learned from these disrespectful mistakes.

Group play isn't just US, showing up the whole group by neglecting everyone while we run ahead to the boss who shit's our desired loot.
It's veteran players leveling alts & new players too, just seeing some of this content for the first time.
It's playing together, with people you may never meet again, but if you make a great impressions & do your part to make every dungeon run fun, by communicating & looking out for everyone; you set the right precedent for how we SHOULD play.

More balancing over-all & far less power for very low level toons is only a good thing, if only to smoothe out performance & hopefully engender more cooperative play.
I totally welcome that sentiment. I have collected some of the most interesting tanking items on my lvl 10 Prot Warrior to, you know, actually TANK. But this bullturd meta of just face smashing Whirlwind with Lifesteal is just plain boring. I have like 1k hp, mobs hit me for 20 trivial dmg, rendering all my tanking abilities/items pointless.

I can't wait to actually tank a dungeon :)

I totally welcome that sentiment. I have collected some of the most interesting tanking items on my lvl 10 Prot Warrior to, you know, actually TANK. But this bullturd meta of just face smashing Whirlwind with Lifesteal is just plain boring. I have like 1k hp, mobs hit me for 20 trivial dmg, rendering all my tanking abilities/items pointless.

I can't wait to actually tank a dungeon :)
It's probably a pipe dream, but maybe I'll see a dungeon group wipe again. Or more people outdoors questing.

LhE3v0f.png

Surprised to see how much 2ndary some of the Agi / Strength necks gave.
For the no primary stat necks, all give 21 secondary stats and it's the same for all Classic, MoP, Legion, and SL Dungeons. Choose whatever 2ndary is best for you if you want any of those, just added these as an example.

I've looked at it in-depth. The sweet spot for stats remaining the same is level 42/43. Above that, stats increase, below that they're decreasing. I welcome the rebalancing. Gonna make soloing at 30 more interesting maybe.
With this in mind, is there a level where it just doesn't become worthwhile compared to just "end game" levels/gear? Clearly, you can lock level at anywhere you please(assume 69 now), but like 30 seemed a good spot previously and I've started a 45, just wonder where it doesn't seem to be SUCH a good amount of scaling. Also my question is geared more as PvE.

With this in mind, is there a level where it just doesn't become worthwhile compared to just "end game" levels/gear? Clearly, you can lock level at anywhere you please(assume 69 now), but like 30 seemed a good spot previously and I've started a 45, just wonder where it doesn't seem to be SUCH a good amount of scaling. Also my question is geared more as PvE.
As this thread is geared towards 20s, I'll be brief and resist the urge to promote my bracket. Basically, until now, the higher level you were the less powerful compared to mobs of your level you were. Compare a level 10 trying not to solo an entire WoD dungeon and a level 60 clearing one trash group in a SL dungeon.
The upcoming change seeks to combat that and even out the challenge across the levelling experience, so if done right, every bracket will struggle to get things done solo. But my instincts tell me that *some* classes/specs will have a much easier time than others and soloing group content will generally still be possible if harder.

LhE3v0f.png

Surprised to see how much 2ndary some of the Agi / Strength necks gave.
For the no primary stat necks, all give 21 secondary stats and it's the same for all Classic, MoP, Legion, and SL Dungeons. Choose whatever 2ndary is best for you if you want any of those, just added these as an example.
Thank you so much for posting these.
Any intel on Legion World Drop Epics? Will they be viable, or are they remaining slightly sub-par?

Users who are viewing this thread