wanna farm 2x shadowfang

Proc rate is decent actually, haven’t tested it out for numbers etc, but it procs most fights for me, I’m dualwielding it on my 19 and see doubleprocs (back to back) all the time. More procs when you have it in mh than oh obv, farming one for my 29 alt too.

Shadowfang is picked up for the Shadow blast proc, as it procs Elemental Force for big damage.
So to say they're the same is a lie

I'll note that Shadowfang's proc can proc ele force, but it will not proc ele force more then a bronze shortsword. Ele force is RPPM and procs independent of the number of events. In theory, you could be getting kited and the last hit you land manages to to proc shadowbolt which takes time to travel and you get a late ele force proc - but its so impossibly rare. Ele force mostly isn't a factor.

Shadowfang is better than Bronze shortsword, but only with the <10 damage proc. So Bronze shortsword is like 99.9% as good as shadowfang. So yes, technically they are not the same. But they are really close.

@OP - It might not be an option for you, but getting a second account with a boosted 110 (mage?) will really help. You loot with the 19 after 110 clears thing very quickly. Some of the drops will be scaled to 60 and looted by the 110, but your clears will be so much faster that its worth it. Whether you want to spend money on a second account is up to you.

Yeah, as a story it sounds great, but the odds of the Shadow proc is very low. (about 2 procs in 3-5 minutes)
Then that proc has to proc Elemental Force.
Then this has to happen when it matters (not when the target is already dying, not when the target is getting super heals, not when the target is fleeing and maybe in other scenarios).
SF is more like a status symbol.

tl;dr:
The odds of a SF being better than a plain Bronze Shortsword are abysmal and not worth it.
Sorry you're wrong

Reactions: MYT
OP. I know you dismissed others’ suggestions to farm gold on your main and just purchase these, so I will not waste your time in suggesting this again (even though you really should).

The issue with this item is that the old sword requires level 19, and is item level 24. If you were to farm this instance on a level 19 today- the sword would require level 19 and be item level 23. I am not positive what the difference between these two are. It’s not like the ilvl 23 one has 5 agility instead of 6, but I do think the proc is less or the dmg is less.

This means the only way to farm this sword is from the chests that spawn in the instance (the ilvl 24 variant). Your best option is to do this on a max level toon- and not kill any mobs. As you can agree- it is much more time efficient to buy these. If you don’t care about the difference between ilvl 23 and 24.... in my opinion it’s best to farm with 5 19 twinks. You can also have a chance to get scaled BoEs that are worth some money.. mindthrust and magefists namely.

Good luck either way in your quest for SFs

OP. I know you dismissed others’ suggestions to farm gold on your main and just purchase these, so I will not waste your time in suggesting this again (even though you really should).

The issue with this item is that the old sword requires level 19, and is item level 24. If you were to farm this instance on a level 19 today- the sword would require level 19 and be item level 23. I am not positive what the difference between these two are. It’s not like the ilvl 23 one has 5 agility instead of 6, but I do think the proc is less or the dmg is less.

This means the only way to farm this sword is from the chests that spawn in the instance (the ilvl 24 variant). Your best option is to do this on a max level toon- and not kill any mobs. As you can agree- it is much more time efficient to buy these. If you don’t care about the difference between ilvl 23 and 24.... in my opinion it’s best to farm with 5 19 twinks. You can also have a chance to get scaled BoEs that are worth some money.. mindthrust and magefists namely.

There's no change to the item from 23 and 24, worse case scenario proc damage is 7 rather than 8, but that changes depending on your current Vers.
Agility and weapon damage will be the same :)

Guys he’s just looking for confirmation of whatever he thinks is the best approach and he’ll get hostile otherwise.

In the meantime, seeing the toolbox that reports twink items here is funny.

The ilvl 23 and 24 variants seem to be identical in every way other than the ilvl. I'm also not sure you can get shadowfang from chests in SFK. I think the ilvl 24 versions are grandfathered now.

I've been trying to farm Shadowfang for my 19 rogue, and for fun. I boosted a Demon Hunter to 110 on a separate account just for this. Made a macro on the rogue to follow the DH (button 1), and a macro for the DH to reset the instance. Both enter SF and the Rogue hits 1 to follow. The DH speeds to the 1st boss and kills him, then the rogue picks up the kill loot. Then wait for the door. The rogue follows and the DH kills all in the courtyard, 19 loots, then into the castle and boss, loot, follow. I do this all the way to the gargoyles, kill them, the DH flies out of the instance by jumping into the center. Rogue loots and sprints out. This takes about 4 minutes and 20 seconds total. I think I do about 6-10 runs until I get bored or locked out. Rinse and repeat. No SF drops yet for me with about 100 runs in the last week. Read about a dude that has 6k runs with I think 5 or 7 shadowfang drops. That is abysmal!

But it's fun for me, the repetitive nature and challenge of improving my time each run. I used to farm the Deadman's Hand ring 5 years ago for all my twinks. The drop rate was awesome for me, I think 1-3 runs per ring, while others took 100s. I found that an attitude of "IT WILL DROP" for me was a huge contributing factor. Lately I've been depressed so no drops now lol! But I have gotten some epics for my 39 and 49s using the DH account.

The ilvl 23 and 24 variants seem to be identical in every way other than the ilvl. I'm also not sure you can get shadowfang from chests in SFK. I think the ilvl 24 versions are grandfathered now.

I believe the Ilvl 23 variant has one less damage on the proc. If they are completely identical this change occurred recently. I also do not have any screenshots or proof of chest drops- my point was that the ilvl 24 variants would only be obtainable from the chests.

So I've started farming on my holy priest twink, so far so good.. but I was wondering if you'd all recommend full clears or just check for chests and as short of a run to all the bosses? <3 thanks so much for the advice you cuties :3
[doublepost=1545563577,1545562932][/doublepost]

I'm soloing it for the challenge, and also because then every mob has the ability to drop shadowfang for me, rather than split between 5 people, you know?
[doublepost=1545564145][/doublepost]so far in 5 runs I've gotten a 19 scaled facesmasher. Still.. goes for 2k on my server which isn't too bad, wish me luck :D (or not, ha)
Do it all the way before 2nd last boss

Users who are viewing this thread