wanna farm 2x shadowfang

if you're talking about soloing it anything will do just fine if you're geared rly, i'd do it on a rogue for stealth and the chests

if you're going to be qing prot pala or brewmaster monk might be something to look into though

if you're talking about soloing it anything will do just fine if you're geared rly, i'd do it on a rogue for stealth and the chests

if you're going to be qing prot pala or brewmaster monk might be something to look into though

yeah I'm gunna be soloing.. what level should I be though for a 19 scaled shadowfang?

yeah I'm gunna be soloing.. what level should I be though for a 19 scaled shadowfang?
I can't confidently answer that question so I won't

I'm sure some others that actually know things about 19s will see this thread and give you accurate information

I'd say restoration druid would be the best solo class. Most efficient as far as speedrunning. strong healing/damage, stealth, etc.

Couldn't you craft blacksmith keys or whatever for the chest?

Chests do not drop instance based loot since they are not sfk specific.
Why would you solo it? just q for sfk only as level 19 tank or healer.

So I've started farming on my holy priest twink, so far so good.. but I was wondering if you'd all recommend full clears or just check for chests and as short of a run to all the bosses? <3 thanks so much for the advice you cuties :3
[doublepost=1545563577,1545562932][/doublepost]
Chests do not drop instance based loot since they are not sfk specific.
Why would you solo it? just q for sfk only as level 19 tank or healer.

I'm soloing it for the challenge, and also because then every mob has the ability to drop shadowfang for me, rather than split between 5 people, you know?
[doublepost=1545564145][/doublepost]so far in 5 runs I've gotten a 19 scaled facesmasher. Still.. goes for 2k on my server which isn't too bad, wish me luck :D (or not, ha)

Are you EU? Because if so we could just trade some boosts??

farm gold instead on 120 and buy it. Much faster. Just because u might get it it sometime from sfk dosent make it free. Value your time :)
I mean, I am valuing my time.. I chose to farm it, 'cause I wanted to, rather than farming on my 120 'cause I find farming a dungeon where it's actually challenging to stay alive more fun. Thanks for telling me how to act though, I really appreciate that lol.

Buy the lvl 24 version off AH if you can find a decent deal, might be worth a transfer.
You can’t solo the bosses on a 19 rogue, but all trash can be killed, I usually clear the stables and the upstair hallway above baron silverlaine solo for some extra chances at a rare drop.
Most efficient way to farm would be a full grp of 19 twinks for extra chances with Pl, and trading loot to the right player.
Chests contain rare world drops like skeletal club, sentry cloak, feet of the lynx and scouting trousers unscaled but no zone drops.
Shadowfang, AB and Gsa drops from all trash mobs and bosses in Sfk and scale to your lvl, full runs are recommended (more chances at a drop, also loot used to be determined when the dungeon and mobs spawned/loaded, not when you killed them, skipping mobs would likely lead to missed loot drops, not sure how it works now though).

So far... I've looted 2x facesmasher (level 19) and a night watch shortsword over 10 runs of SFK. I'm pretty happy with 3 boe blues in 10 runs, I got this ;)

Shadowfang is picked up for the Shadow blast proc, as it procs Elemental Force for big damage.
So to say they're the same is a lie
Yeah, as a story it sounds great, but the odds of the Shadow proc is very low. (about 2 procs in 3-5 minutes)
Then that proc has to proc Elemental Force.
Then this has to happen when it matters (not when the target is already dying, not when the target is getting super heals, not when the target is fleeing and maybe in other scenarios).
SF is more like a status symbol.

tl;dr:
The odds of a SF being better than a plain Bronze Shortsword are abysmal and not worth it.

tbh I didn't ask for opinions of whether farming or having shadowfang is worth it, I only posted this for advice as to how to farm it. People in here flexing their big opinions get out, plz.

Users who are viewing this thread