Vyvenem's F2P Marksman Hunter Guide

possible Raidbots: Stat Weights, click no Buffs, no weapon oil
read all Guides you can find (Vyvenem,Icy Vein,...)
MM love Mastery
BM love Haste

Reactions: Sil
possible Raidbots: Stat Weights, click no Buffs, no weapon oil
read all Guides you can find (Vyvenem,Icy Vein,...)
MM love Mastery
BM love Haste

Sadly Raidbots says Non-max level characters are not fully supported

Your guide has now literally helped me farm the MM dungeon gear. Thanks! :)

In the spirit of the guide, how do you manage bosses that have a ton of adds? Do you serpent sting them all, or try and focus 1 by 1 or something?

Also, is there any particular way you deal with bosses that throw high damage DOTs onto you (when while they're attacking your pet)? The Epoch Hunter killed me every single time with some ridiculous high damage DOT (but thank god for Thrall being a tank) and the Houndmaster Braun [npc=59303] [42264] (not sure how to do those links people do) throws some bleed effect onto me which kills me. I think he even threw it at me once when I was in FD, too.

I am loving the insight so I appreciate your time!

Your guide has now literally helped me farm the MM dungeon gear. Thanks! :)
I'm glad it helped you. Congratulations!

how do you manage bosses that have a ton of adds?
If they can die to Serpent Sting, I do that. If they can't, I focus them one by one with Freezing Trap usage if needed. If there's a ton of them, try gathering them up then Bursting Shot followed by Aspect of the Cheetah to run away while pumping damage into the boss. If it's too much to handle, you still have Feign Death and Aspect of the Turtle for some reprieve. Other than that, it's just practicing a lot and getting lucky.

Also, is there any particular way you deal with bosses that throw high damage DOTs onto you
Line of sight to prevent them from using the DoT works sometimes. Other than that, you can save some big hitting skills until you get the DoT so you can heal more of it away with Leech. Optimize your heal cooldowns also. With enough gearing, you just need to survive the DoT maybe two times for most bosses before they die, three if you're unlucky.

A lot of any boss mechanic is practicing and learning the timing behind things. There's a stopwatch in game to help with timing.

Great guide! I replied before but was frustrated due to the super twinks in PVP..

Curious though, Is there any mobs specific in townlong for the i28 drops? Is this with farming using a lvl 20 char? Every where I've been looking for lvl 25 mobs, everything seems to either scale to level 20 or ??.

Thanks for all the time you put in to this!
Chris

Side note, have you ever tried the other Hunter specs, and / or what your thoughts are on them?
Oh no, u can’t ask @Vyvenem about other specs……:eek:
Joking……
I’m a big BM fan myself. Love having a pet do all the heavy lifting while I play with a cap gun….
Surv I’m not a fan of, so someone else will need to comment on that.
Honestly, have a try on all specs, then the one that suits ur style, go with it and make it work, and u will get better and better.;)

I somehow missed the links. I found both vendors in the area. The stats though are a lot lower than the drops. Guess that's why I was looking for what to kill, not the vendors links in the guide. My bad.

Chris

@Vyvenem, gz to your new Neck, Cloak, Wrist and the 8400.
Is the ability from the Neck very useful ?

Enzi

@Vyvenem, gz to your new Neck, Cloak, Wrist and the 8400.
Is the ability from the Neck very useful ?

Enzi
Thanks!

I literally got both the cape and neck less than 12 hours ago. The cape surprised me, but it was a 1 skill damage and 1 Stamina increase over my Parrotfeather cloak with a socket so I wore it. It sadly did not get a socket so if I ever loot a Parrotfeather Cloak with socket AND leech, this cape will be disenchanted. The wrist I had for awhile, I just never got around to farming for the Stam/Crit gem I wanted to put in it.

The neck I just thought had a cool bonus effect and I've wanted it for a long time, so after they fixed Legion dungeon loot I farmed Maw of Souls about 20 times and finally got it. The ability from it stacks with my Night Elf Wisp form which makes my movement speed while dead (207%) faster than my living mount speed (200%). I usually run to my corpse once or twice in PvP so this helps there. I'm glad to finally have Hidden Satyr now!

I just broke 8400 last night also. My ultimate goal is 9000 achievement points, but it's becoming harder to find stuff to do.

Reactions: Sil
the alchemists flask gives only 4 agility, not 9, and requires 300 cataclysm alchemy. how are you even going to get 300 cata alch as f2p, not to mention the 4 agil is lame.

the alchemists flask gives only 4 agility, not 9, and requires 300 cataclysm alchemy. how are you even going to get 300 cata alch as f2p, not to mention the 4 agil is lame.

There's a flask from vanilla alch aswell, that provides 9 agi.

Users who are viewing this thread