News Vote for XPOFF's Most Valuable Player!

Who is XPOFF's Most Valuable Player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
def voted for necro, not only are his guides amazing but his attitude in general is always positive, tactful and lacking in the arrogant toxicity which sometimes feels like a prerequisite in this community.

edit - screw tgod btw..dude sells ungrandfathered boe greens for absurd prices (1 million gold for some rofl), completely his right to do, but using TSM, buying everything out and controlling a market so you can feel like some kind of genius warren buffet type is exploititive and a major obstacle for growth in twinking on bh, certainly not behavior that should be celebrated.

Reminds of that dude that i think is in jail now, but he rose to public attention when he obtained the rights to some type of drug crucial to treating some medical condition, and immediately raised the price from 13.5 to $750.

The twinking equivalent of Martin Shkreli

Last edited:
I nominate....,.,.,.,. @ [so many people!] LEGIT... SOOO MANY!

So many people have not only accepted this OLD ass scrub but even carried me when i couldn't make it across the finish line! It's easy to make fun of me, it's easy to troll me, it's easy to school me and kick my dck in the dirt, it's easy to rofl my keymashing and scrubbery and even easier to lmfao at my blowing trinkets on nothing and pummeling a hunter randomly.or my nerdraging rants. .. BUT to look past all that (theres tons more) and take me under their unbrella of protection in game, and to allow me past the gates of gamevilles borders to give me the privelage in their life.... as a friend, goes a long way in my heart & I wanna thank you.... each person I love for their individual awesome acts of kindness and acceptance, I'm not easy to deal with at times and I know this. EACH one of you are MVP to me and I wanted you to know. UNFORTUNATELY, my memory is as old as me, and it gets bad gas (Brainfarts!) so if I miss anyone that should be on my " I FUCKEN LOVE YOU, YOU'RE MY MVP" list, please know you are there...
---NOT in any order----- tgod, Phron ,Fry, ellen, Jabz, Joker, Choklit, Manic, TJ, Dizzy, Mike, Gigglin, Javis, Brainwash, Duo, Gavin, Gonzo, Zorb, Zee, Byebyeyou, Bisonpower,Alexy, Stripto, Epic, Kimberly, Heather, Dizzy, Abilities, Yahdone, Zorblast, AJ, Supermurloc, Eagle, Enkrypt, Jeremy, Redwolf, rey, Savage, Rpgz, Fez, Kryptic, Vergudo, indominatus, Abby, Bacon, Ten, TommyTarzan, rose, Stayclose, Doom, Zach, Swolz, Bebeh, Bhootam, Daks, Kadrak, Thott, Humantrafikr, Icejade, Cigarette, Pattern, Pejer, Turbo, Ubex, Rebelrob, redMike,Creepy Mary, Fuddyduddy, Gwen, Dusty, Broseph, Ptown, Butterknifeofjustice, Bigbeef, Laminggaming, Mogor, BrianTB, Broham, Honeybadger, Lithology, Lisa, ALL the genuine peeps in <Holy Crit> , <Legendary Hero>, <My Little Pwny Premade>, all the Horde and Alliance that have been kind in the 19s, 29s, 39s, 49s, 59s, 79s, 99s. and SO many more that have made me fall in love with this game and this community!! thank you <3 as far as the forum goes.... I am conflicted,,,, but alas..... I will 1-up a close candidate @tgodqt (yw for yet another Somfas wall of text) <3 to give me the privelage

Woooo!!
Made the list!

/cheers
[doublepost=1544018844,1544018385][/doublepost]
def voted for necro, not only are his guides amazing but his attitude in general is always positive, tactful and lacking in the arrogant toxicity which sometimes feels like a prerequisite in this community.

edit - screw tgod btw..dude sells ungrandfathered boe greens for absurd prices (1 million gold for some rofl), completely his right to do, but using TSM, buying everything out and controlling a market so you can feel like some kind of genius warren buffet type is exploititive and a major obstacle for growth in twinking on bh, certainly not behavior that should be celebrated.

Reminds of that dude that i think is in jail now, but he rose to public attention when he obtained the rights to some type of drug crucial to treating some medical condition, and immediately raised the price from 13.5 to $750.

The twinking equivalent of Martin Shkreli

It really doesn’t affect me that much because I am a very very patient person. And can wait to find gear at a reasonable price. Plus I use TSM as well. In addition, I fund fellow twinks. I snatch up every piece of gear I find on BH at a reasonable price and just give it away for free.
Unfortunately, for others and the community he really is ruining it for people that are trying to get into the hobby. They see they prices and just move on. They will just set up shop on another server or won’t even make a lower toon at all.

/cheers

There was a lot of people that got nominated once or twice. So I decided to go with the top three (3+ votes).

I resent your list, I was nominated twice.

Multivoters will be caught and disqualified. Don't waste your time.

Real talk, I'm the MVP. You want to talk about notoriety and attention for twinking? This guy, right here. Watching the VODs of the streams where my comments were broken down was pure gold, not only to see the hilarious reactions from the streamer, but also to see the number of people in the chat who wanted to dox me or who wanted a piece of me in the BGs (or IRL... and people got mad that I had reservations about these cats?).

Much more importantly, I demonstrated remarkable prescience: Asmongold left the bracket, his fanboys left the bracket, and all the cool people who were actually interested in staying stuck around:

The thing is, AG's viewers will play as long as he does, and then likely go do something else. Those that really enjoy it will stick around, and they're the people we'll want to welcome and help out. Not the fanboys who are here for a few weeks because that's what their favorite streamer decided to do for a little while. So regarding the missed opportunity: the right one--the one that will actually help the community--is still there and waiting.

And the 39s squad has seized the opportunity with flying colors. @Sanit set up a tournament with a generous cash prize that's probably drummed up as much attention for the bracket as anything.

In short, @Sun's post was the post Gotham needed. My post was the one Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

In all seriousness, the bracket needed notoriety and a healthy injection of the https://www.wowhead.com/npc=27217/spirit-of-competition . And now we've had a major influx of players and a ton of people who made solid effort to welcome them and help them understand twinking and how to gear up, etc. It's been cool to see. Some people have done more than others, but the victory belongs to no one person. So I voted for @necroaqua, whose guides and general helpfulness benefit the whole site, not just one bracket that had a touch of drama.

Reactions: Sun
... really Sun? Ya ignored what McConnell’s and Asmondgold’s said on stream and assumed it was neatly threaded and tailored into your bracket?

Also, I want to point out that just because I didn’t make a forum that impacts the <bracket> community, doesn’t mean I’ve made a forum about the <general> community. Like the political forums I make every now and again or like the one that Tzvetan saw and commented about in the “we missed a great opportunity” thread.

Normally, I wouldn't step in on something like this, but... wtf are you talking about? For real lol. This post just doesn't make a ton of sense. I'm not at all sure how I fit in to what you're trying to say... *edit* I remember now the thread you're referencing and now see the point you were trying to make. It could have used more detail, though. But even now that I recall the thread in question, your latest post here just doesn't really make sense. Are you basically just trying to point out that you post on this site...?

Also, lay off of @Sun. I realize he's a big boy and can defend himself, but seriously, he's one of the people in this community who's pretty much above reproach at this point. Trying to talk garbage to him just makes you look bad.

sun really out here trying to claim 30-39 activity was him and not the 20-30k viewer streamer lmao

and he's got people that believe him haha

general population so easily manipulated

Nah, he's not saying that at all. He's just saying he was instrumental in laying the framework of an active, successful bracket. Which is true. So the foundation was there, and the bracket just needed an influx of people. It was certainly the midbracket most prepared for a large influx of people--by far (and I say this as a huge 49s fanboy)--and Sun played a big role in that.

Reactions: Sun
lmao you out here acting like twink brackets are a delicate ecosystem that you have to nurture or people will quit, people will play brackets that are fun not the ones with the nicest 'community leader'

with or without sun people would still be playing 39s because of the exposure

helping new players doesn't stop them from quitting it just stops them seeking answers themselves and makes them more reliant for their next questions, stop holding their hands and make them go figure it out themselves it's better for them.

the bracket most prepared for a large influx lmao please tell me wtf that means, what makes a bracket prepared, what makes a bracket unprepared
and please tell me what will happen if you're unprepared hahahaha

nothing in your post makes any sense

It doesn't make sense to you for a couple of reasons:

1. You don't play midbrackets, which leaves you ignorant of what a midbracket requires to do well. Exhibit A:
the bracket most prepared for a large influx lmao please tell me wtf that means, what makes a bracket prepared, what makes a bracket unprepared

2. You're about as intelligent as a common houseplant.

People who actually play 39s (and other midbrackets) and especially those who played such brackets during the days of split queues know exactly what I'm talking about. Sun being "nice" has nothing to do with it. The 39s community organizing events, being active in wargaming and arenas, and helping new people gear has everything to do with it. Go back to 19s and shhhhhhhhh.

that's weird, 39s was the first bracket i really played in, along with everyone else in vanilla/tbc including mcconnell, hence why they went there, not because of the community.

don't talk about xpoff and xpon brackets when that's irrelevant in bfa, talk about ignorance.

nice to see you come back in bfa tho man hope the levellers are providing fun in the gy :)

it's weird how all of the event threads aren't created by sun but he's getting the applause gj guys, talking about low intelligence but giving all the plaudits to sun for 39s reasonable success yet the only thing he's visibly done is tell people how to get epics in silithus/burning steppes.

also i thought you 39s were meant to be helpful yet u refuse to answer my questions? :/

lmao you out here acting like twink brackets are a delicate ecosystem that you have to nurture or people will quit, people will play brackets that are fun not the ones with the nicest 'community leader'

with or without sun people would still be playing 39s because of the exposure

helping new players doesn't stop them from quitting it just stops them seeking answers themselves and makes them more reliant for their next questions, stop holding their hands and make them go figure it out themselves it's better for them.

and please tell me what will happen if you're unprepared hahahaha

nothing in your post makes any sense

Your posts look a lot like decaf coffee to me; weak, bitter, and makes no sense.

Well I was a bit confused to some of the post, then it dawned on me oh lild must be posting so I unignored you so I could catch up on what ignorance you might be projecting.

So lild why is it that you see your opinions as facts? You don't know me, you are not apart of my daily dealings, and you need to ask yourself what are you doing to help this community. I do not spend my time tearing people down like you. I help people, build them up and empower them to make a impact. The members of the 39 community wanted to know how they could help and in that I have provided direction. See it does no one any good if I do everything. That would be selfish of me. I am not selfish, there is plenty of shine to go around. I want members of this site to ask how can they help. What can we do to improve the culture. Get on board man, find knowledgeable players and help them, don't road block them gatekeeper, that person you want to struggle may be the next guy who advanced a spec, class, community. They deserve respect in undertaking such a huge task. We have great people becoming new icons in the bracket and I am proud of each one. I do my best not to get in their way so they can be proud of their accomplishments.

Well I was a bit confused to some of the post, then it dawned on me oh lild must be posting so I unignored you so I could catch up on what ignorance you might be projecting.

For the future, theres a "Show Ignored Content" link at the bottom of the thread if theres any posts/quotes from people you've ignored. So you don't have to unignore people just to follow the conversation. Its been very helpful for some key members of the community who I find have very little of value to say.

For the future, theres a "Show Ignored Content" link at the bottom of the thread if theres any posts/quotes from people you've ignored. So you don't have to unignore people just to follow the conversation. Its been very helpful for some key members of the community who I find have very little of value to say.
Oh thanks, always dropping that knowledge. Need to change that name to Necrodamus.

And here I didn't even know there was an ignore feature!

So lild why is it that you see your opinions as facts? You don't know me, you are not apart of my daily dealings, and you need to ask yourself what are you doing to help this community. I do not spend my time tearing people down like you. I help people, build them up and empower them to make a impact. The members of the 39 community wanted to know how they could help and in that I have provided direction. See it does no one any good if I do everything. That would be selfish of me. I am not selfish, there is plenty of shine to go around. I want members of this site to ask how can they help. What can we do to improve the culture. Get on board man, find knowledgeable players and help them, don't road block them gatekeeper, that person you want to struggle may be the next guy who advanced a spec, class, community. They deserve respect in undertaking such a huge task. We have great people becoming new icons in the bracket and I am proud of each one. I do my best not to get in their way so they can be proud of their accomplishments.

Everything that comes out of my mouth or gets typed by my hands is the truth, I haven't said one lie or been wrong about anything in roughly two years.

What am I doing to help this community? I'm helping them realise they're not special, I'm helping them go find their own answers to stupid questions and stop wasting people's time by asking them to hold their hands, I'm helping them come to the conclusion that their egos aren't deserved, on some rare occasions ive took the time to explain how certain classes/races should be played, I've called out certain players for being wrong, including staff members and what they're doing, I've given more helpful tips and general gameplay improvements than anyone else on this site in the past two years, do you even read my posts?

You say you're helping people help the culture or improve it yet this culture is competitive so if you let anyone help you're going to end up with a shit culture led by little timmy making some dumb event like an underwater 1v1 for 10k gold, inclusion isn't always the answer.

I don't gatekeep anyone, if someone comes to me that i see actual potential in, they'll get all the help they want from me, if there's no potential there and I can tell how bad of a player they are, they get no reply, I don't actively drive them away.

You can call that gatekeeping if you want but it's not. Elitist? maybe it's that but even that's a stretch, i just don't waste my time doing something that's pointless, new twinks come and go every day in bfa so why waste your time helping them?

It's not because they receive no help that they leave, it's just the state of wow in every aspect of the game right now, there's minimal fun to be found and a huge disparity between new players and day one players.

With the nature of xp-on battlegrounds in bfa you have new players coming in every day, having fun killing levellers because it's still fresh to them, then you have the old players who've done it all before and all they want is real competition so they're having less fun with the arrival of new players/levellers, so they're more susceptible to leaving the game, which in turn makes bgs easier and more good players having less fun and leaving, repeat this process until there's no knowledgable players left.

So in reality the best thing to do for your community is keep the players unknowledgeable and bad at the game so they don't grow tired of terrible bgs and quit.

If anyone reads this and argues that they're a knowledgeable or good player and you enjoy bgs in bfa, you're just not good sorry.

Also I think it's a bit early to start calling people icons when they've only been in your bracket for 2 months actively, don't make them complacent.

tl;dr - I don't tear people down, but it'd be better than 'empowering' bad players.

p.s im the nicest person you'll ever meet :)

Users who are viewing this thread