EU+US Veteran to-do list and limitations after unsub?

Krølle

Legend
So im trying to get an overview of what to do/get before i unsub, i cant seem to find a "to-do" list here, so my question is what did you guys do before unsubbing?

Also, do your professions skill level get lowered? Can i still create everything i could as if i was subbed?

You can use items with high skill needed, but craft only up to unsub limit.
Some things I can remember fast:
-big bags
-unlock bank, big bags
-reagrent bank
-void storage
-engineering
-alchemy with flask
-keep lot of gold
-alchemy/cooking consumables
-goblin gliders
-keep enchants (not 100% sure if you can enchant unsubed, but prolly yes)
-join living guild (you cant join guild unsubbed)
-???

-big bags
-unlock bank, big bags
-reagrent bank
-void storage
-engineering
-alchemy with flask
-keep lot of gold
-goblin gliders
-???
And what is the unsub profession limit?

Max your engineering and make yourself some Green Lenses (more lenses, for more set types - haste, versa etc.) or other Goggles

Though you can level profs to 100 while unsub'd, you cannot make items over about 60. You will have lock symbols next to a lot of items, so you need to keep stockpiles of the higher levels items you want to use. See below for Alch & Cooking.
upload_2019-1-22_23-16-30.png

upload_2019-1-22_23-17-52.png

You will want to stockpile items you can't craft when unsub'd, like Gliders, Bandages (for non-heal classes), higher level food, potions, sharpening stones, etc etc. Also stock up on resources in your resource tab, well, at least for items you can craft.
WoWScrnShot_012219_230425.jpg

While checking out this stuff, I noticed that Runecloth may no longer be the best bandage? Can anyone confirm if Mageweave is now the best at 20? FFS, and I have a full bag of Runecloth :eek:
upload_2019-1-22_23-21-44.png

And most importantly, just before your sub runs out, make sure you unlock your XP. Otherwise it'll bug and you won't be able to queue for bg's.

You cannot enchant gear while unsub'd. So get all those enchants done.
^ This is correct, although you can apply very low level ones, like +1 Ag to staff, low level scopes etc. Any enchants over about 60 or so cannot be applied while unsub'd.

You can also join guilds while unsub'd, but only ones where you have existing characters. You cannot join a new guild.

Good thing with Vet's are you still have access to BNet so you can chat with sub'd people easy enough.

Good luck! ;)

Though you can level profs to 100 while unsub'd, you cannot make items over about 60. You will have lock symbols next to a lot of items, so you need to keep stockpiles of the higher levels items you want to use. See below for Alch & Cooking.
View attachment 10094
View attachment 10095

You will want to stockpile items you can't craft when unsub'd, like Gliders, Bandages (for non-heal classes), higher level food, potions, sharpening stones, etc etc. Also stock up on resources in your resource tab, well, at least for items you can craft.
View attachment 10096

While checking out this stuff, I noticed that Runecloth may no longer be the best bandage? Can anyone confirm if Mageweave is now the best at 20? FFS, and I have a full bag of Runecloth :eek:
View attachment 10097

And most importantly, just before your sub runs out, make sure you unlock your XP. Otherwise it'll bug and you won't be able to queue for bg's.

^ This is correct, although you can apply very low level ones, like +1 Ag to staff, low level scopes etc. Any enchants over about 60 or so cannot be applied while unsub'd.

You can also join guilds while unsub'd, but only ones where you have existing characters. You cannot join a new guild.

Good thing with Vet's are you still have access to BNet so you can chat with sub'd people easy enough.

Good luck! ;)
Oh damn, that helped alot! I can check out the bandages when i get home from work while i still have sub.
Any cooking recipes you'd suggest grinding for which only requires 60 cooking, other than the ones you showed on your picture :)
One question i have is, can i still queue up for dungeons and pvp normally? If i remember correctly a few years back veterans had to queue up through a friend that was queueing up? Correct me if im wrong :)

Can 2 vets group if they are on btag friends list?
Nope. Only someone with a paid subscription can make a group. Vets can chat with BNet, but cannot form a group. Even in a group, u cannot invite someone else to the group, u can only suggest and the group organiser can invite.
Welcome to the solo Vet life........
My suggestion, get lots of friends on BNet so from time to time u can ask for their assistance. ;)

-big bags
-unlock bank, big bags
-reagrent bank
-void storage
-engineering
-alchemy with flask
-keep lot of gold
-goblin gliders
-???

What is the advantage of being in a guild as a vet?

Ty tence 4 the info and sorry 4 double posting. Take care and happy twinking!

Also +10% mounted speed (not in BGs), +10% movt speed while dead (not in BGs), and 15 min hearthstone CD instead of 30.

If the guild has the req achievement there are also some pretty nice heirlooms and other items (pets, banners) - but they cost ggg

Regarding Enchanting scrolls, you can use classic enchants up to level 65-70 but nothing above. You can use any BC, Wrath, Cata, MOP, + enchants after your sub expires. So if you're a strength user you will want to get Crusader on your weapons ahead on time.

Users who are viewing this thread