Gregol64

Grandfathered
So i have seen thread
"what to do at level 20" And it bassicly went like this
do BG
do Arena
farm items
transmog
Well, does it really say anything? If i were new to twinking i would get 0 information what can i actually do.
I am level 20 hunter. I made him in case i wouldn't be able to buy game time or woulnd't have enough free time to make it worth it. Every month when my game time expires i am playing like 2 days as level 20 twink in Veteran account so i would have idea how things work.
This thread was a very good idea but the execution was poor as it gave no specific ideas. I will try to give you some ideas on what you can do as Veteran Account.
So lets start.
PREPARATION (need gametime and main charrs)

- Cap your level at level 20 and get as good gear as you are able and i am talking about REAL gear
not "the Rock" Ring which gives you nothing but ilv. Ilv is uselles outside of PvP. Enchant those items! Every single one you can! You CAN enchant:
Necklace - rare enchant from WoD +15 secondary stats -SS
Shoulders -well as level 20 you CAN"T enchant them with anything else than the "scavenging boon" but your higher level charracters CAN enchant and mail Heirlooms to your Twink - epic Pandaria enchant - this will give you +3 Main Stats (MS) and +1 SS.
Cloak - rare enchant from WoD +19 SS and 2% boost speed - used to give you 10% but it doesn't matter so much * LOOK AT BOOTS
Chest - common enchant from Vanilla +2 to All Stats
Wrists- common enchant from Vanilla +3 MS
Gloves- common enchant from Vanilla +5 MS
Legs- same as the Shoulders - you can't but high level can and he mails heirloom to twink Blue Enchant from Pandaria +4MS and +2SS
Boots- this sucks a bit because BiS enchant was able to give you +3MS when cloak was giving +10% but now BiS in my opinion is +2 MS and +8% movement speed[they stack with a cloak to 10%] - common one from vanilla
Rings - rare enchant from WoD + 10SS x2
Weapon and Off Hand - you really need to discover what's the best for every other class, for my Hunter there is Flintlockes Woodchucker for ranged 2hand (SICK +112 AGILITY when procs - almost doubles your agility) and for melee +13 agility Permanent
This will give you additional +19 MS and + 65(!!!)SS.
- Get yourself BANK SLOTS as your gold is capped at 10 when you don't have game time, and a big bags to store things that are worth something. i am using Hexweave Bags.
- Water walking mount is optional but very usefull
- LEVEL YOUR PROFFESIONS- They will be capped at 100 and you won't be able to level them further if you won't have gametime. Main proffesion can be leveled to 225. I strongly recomend Engineering as it give you Parachute cloak (also BiS for PvP), you will be able to use Loot-A-Rang, and it makes possible to equip BiS items for cloth and mail users.
Fishing- It's a must! level it to 800 ASAP! you can do lot of things involving fishing.
Cooking- you can level it to 525 but you don't really need to. You need only 1 skill point to be able to cook Lemon Herb Filet which gives you Versitality food bonus (from Darkmoon Fairy Vendor)
First Aid - pretty much useless because of Lemon Herb Fillet if you really need heal yourself without selfhealing.
Archeology - 225 Level it to maximum. It's a big chunk of content :>
- Other Things you may want to do before your gametime expires:
- Set your hearthstone to New Dalaran! (ask a warlock to summon you)
- get yourself a few flypoints (i reccommend Halfhill in Pandaria, Marista in Pandaria, Ramkahen in Uldum in Camp Ataya in Ferelas, Everlook in Winterspring, Hammerfall in Arathi Highlands)
- get yourself a few Goblin Glider Kits in case you don't have parachute cloak and few Drums of Rage/Fury for angry players with a bit higher level that are stupid enough to attack you ^^
- Swiftness Potion (unless you have alchemy and you are able to make them)
LETS START THE VETERAN ACCOUNT EXPERIENCE!
REPUTATIONS: use your HS and go to Pandaria, talk to various NPCs (this will unlock your reputation bonus), most of these can be leveled by BoA tokens that drop from Zandalari, but not the Anglers. i suggest go to anglers raft and unlock reputation with them. Now you should be able to gain reputation with this faction by completing dungeons. (1 time per week! you will get 300 +300 if any of your charrs already has revered rep.)
this will allow you to buy Fishing Poles and to use Anglers Fishing Raft. It takes a really long time but hey, dung a week is nothing, specially if you 1 shot everything. Also make sure to buy tabard and grind reputation with varoius Horde/Alliance factions.
FISHING:
There is so much Fishing Content you can do!
- Grab your pole and move to New Dalaran and grind reputation with Conjurer Margos, you can also buy Battle Pets from him with currency you fish up in his pool!
- Try to fish up Dalaran Server Rat from Dalaran and Old Crafty from Orgrimmar!
- Achivment "The Coin Master" accuired for fishing up every copper, silver and gold coins in Dalaran Fountain which will award you with Titanium Seal of Dalaran Toy
- Go ahead to Uldum and try to get Sea Turtle from the water next to Ramkahen!
- Try to obtain ULTRA RARE Darkmoon Fishing Cap from Darkmoon Fairy Waters.
- Bassicly almost all fishing content in game is available for twinks. You can even do Draenor Angler achivment if you are creazy enough!
- You can't do Fishing quests from other cities than Vanilla ones and get Artifact Fishing Pole (requires 110lv :<), so far also i didn't find a way to gain reputation with Nat Pagle which makes me sad.
ARCHEOLOGY:
Another big load of content
- Well, Archeology has a lot of Toys and Battle Pets
- you can try to get Fossilized Hatchling, Pterrodax Hatchling and Ancient Amber from Fossil
- Dwarf Archeology can give you Clockwork Gnome Pet, Chalice of the mountain King Toy and Inkeeper's Daughter (works as a hearthstone and it's a toy! You will never have to carry HS in you eq again)
- Nigh Elves - 6 different toys
- Trolls - Haunted War Drum toy and Voodoo Figurine Battle Pet
FARMING:
I am really counting on you guys to help me fill this. We are going to farm mostly Battle Pets and Transmog.
1. Hillsbrad Foothills - Black Tabby Cat. It's a rare world drop from every mob in that area. it's worth 20k and it's a part of creazy cat lady achivment.
2. Ferelas - Sprite Darter Hatchling (16k) and Emerald Whelping (15-20k)
3. Wetlands - Razormaw Hatchling (little value), Crimson Whelpling (5-7k), Dark Whelpling (around 4k)
4. Stranglethorn - Hyacinth Macaw (10k) and Razzashi Hatchling (10k)
5. Un Goro Crater and Wintersping - Ravasaur Hatchling (3-4k) and Azure Whelpling (9k) <--- not worth it couse mobs are way too strong for efficent kills.
6. Wailing Cavers - lots of BoE blue items worth around 2k and Deviate Hatchling pet
7. Gnomeregan - (It's really hard to get there as Horde), there are some extreamly rare blue BoE items which are worth A LOT OF GOLD! The most expensive one (Hotshot Pilot's Gloves) costs around 300k(!!!) but they are quite rare as i said :p
8. Shadowfang Keep - Shadowfang (15-25k) Most of you should be fammiliar with this item ^^.
(that's all i can think off, if you have any ideas pls write in comments)
OTHER STUFF:
Of course you can just have fun and play BG/Arenas, or explore the world (do explorer and Loremasters in your level areas :> ) Participate in World Events, (you can obtain 20 minutes potions for every secondary stats during Darkmoon Fairy, very usefull :>), Gather chocolate eggs during Noblegarden ETC.
also you can do Fishing and cooking Daily quests in all horde/alliance cities (awards achivments), for a chance for Jeweled/Bone Fishing pole and Weather-beaten Fishing Hat or gather 100 epicurean Award for a Chef's Hat from Wotlk Dalaran.
IF you have any other idea let me now in the comments :> Hope you like it :D
(i am not Native so sorry if i've made any grammar/spelling mistakes ^^ )

Neat thread, you can also look for toys you can get as 20, and get any toys you want to play with on your vet (like Rainbow Generator) on your gametime. Cooking Fancy Darkmoon Feast requires at least 225, First Aid might be useful for Antivenom, since most dispels are being removed in 7.1, but I think the only poison is Deadly Poison. For melee weapons, I'd say the best enchant is Elemental Force, unless someone wants to correct me. Also, pay for your reagent bank (100g) on gametime. Other than that, great thread

Nice thread @Gregol64. Just a few items I noticed if I can point them out :-
1. You can only level Archaeology when you are sub'd. There's a bug that exists that won't let you do Archaeology once your sub expires. So Vet's won't be able to gain any of those items except when sub'd up.
2. I'd still suggest buying http://www.wowhead.com/item=7337/the-rock and http://www.wowhead.com/item=74918/problem-solving-pendant and using them inside instanced PvP for the extra ilvl. I prefer to use the best gear like you say in wPvP and exploring, but inside bg's and arena it doesn't hurt to increase your item level with some blingage! ;)
3. Doing the cooking or fishing dailies, or any of the Darkmoon Faire professions dailies will drop your professions to 100 if you are unsub'd. So you can only do those dailies while sub'd up. It's a shame but unfortunately the price we pay for no sub'ing up :( Like you noted, I've just started farming rep for the Anglers so I can pick up the fishing pole as I never obtained one via the dailies when I was sub'd up. I am also sad about not getting Nat Pagle friendship! But it needs to be noted that to purchase the fishing rod or other items still requires gold, so you will need some gametime to pick it up once you get the rep
4. First Aid is a must for arena's where you can't eat, but can jump behind a box and get a couple of ticks of a bandage out. Well, it's a must for non-hybrid and non-healer specs I guess. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=7935/strong-anti-venom is also good but can only be made when sub'd up. Useful for them nasty rogues.
5. For Vet's that haven't purchased Legion, the better hearthpoint would be the main City in Pandaria as we don't have access to Legion content. From Pandaria you can reach every part of the Azeroth including Draenor.

Awesome thread though, but I just wanted to clarify those few items. One item that I think will be very useful for Vet's that's worthy of a mention is the http://www.wowhead.com/item=122124/darkmoon-cannon. Any Vet whose serious about exploring and reaching those hard to reach places needs it. Other than that, I think you covered a good chunk of content for Vet's. Well done!:)

Wait... I was under the impression that Conjurer Margoss rep is locked behind max level quest turn in.

Also, Strong Anti-Venom can be made any time after you learned the recipe while subbed, @icehawk. It doesn't have a First Aid skill to use. Never mind, I was just reminded that unsubbed vets can't make >75 skill items.

P.S. Here's my list for pet farming. I've just updated it so it should be pretty comprehensive.

Last edited:
Seriously what's the point of doing all that on vet when you can do it on F2P for the added challenge
I Was just about to say Crystalpall should help with a thread like this. Pve side and many other level 20 things this is the person to speak to. PvP wise @Manny or @Fael / @Wizkidone can help explain much of that.

BTW Personally i miss 1 more week for Revered with Anglers, and my game time expires in 8 days so i will be able to confirm if you can equip and use Dragon Fishing Pole and Anglers Raft on Vet :>

Users who are viewing this thread