EU+US Veteran or 120 scaled?

It's really very simple.

Any scaled character is level 29 with ilvl 33 gear.

Period. Full stop.

We've tried it all. Requires 29 ilvl 34 gear? Still scales to 33. Requires 29, ilvl 33 gear that presumably wouldn't scale? Still loses enchants. Stacking high ilvl gear that doesn't normally scale? It still gets scaled down.

Character level 29, gear is ilvl 33. Yes, even if you try Y on X character.

The only things that "game the system" are pets not losing abilities, BM hunters retaining spirit beasts and DK runeforging.

Are you sure though? Gonna need screen shots or it didn't happen. I'm still not convinced.

Are you sure though? Gonna need screen shots or it didn't happen. I'm still not convinced.
maybe the gears form their dmg/def stats .. but i am still wondering why 2 different higher lvl characters when they party sync into the same bg, their health is such a big difference, because before they party sync, their health would have been determined mostly by their gears, the higher ilvl there would be more stamina on it .. if in the same bg, they are to all downsize to say ilvl33, wouldnt their health be almost the same ?

maybe the gears form their dmg/def stats .. but i am still wondering why 2 different higher lvl characters when they party sync into the same bg, their health is such a big difference, because before they party sync, their health would have been determined mostly by their gears, the higher ilvl there would be more stamina on it .. if in the same bg, they are to all downsize to say ilvl33, wouldnt their health be almost the same ?

In class based RPGs, different classes often have different stat allocations.

Fuckin wild, I know. But that's how it works.

In class based RPGs, different classes often have different stat allocations.

Fuckin wild, I know. But that's how it works.
can it be "to a max 33" .. rather than all higher lvl gets to be ilvl33 .. if their gears are bad relative to their real lvl, eg. if a 120 has bad gears in the 120 lvl, maybe when they party sync they get like ilvl28, instead of ilvl33 .. which is why they have lower stats ? or it still shows ilvl33 on them, but in fact they are having ilvl28 gear stats .. that could explain why their health can be such a big diff .. its really big, i cant find any info why the gap can be so huge .. in the 10-19 bg .. it can be 1000 and 1800 .. that is huge health gap for 2 party sync players

I would imagine that is just the way they designed it, since it is simply a stat template. Remember, quite a few things that it seems probably shouldn't have been allowed or existed got through the wood works so it likely isn't impossible that they didn't put a great amount of detail into each class/spec template layout. However, it could be something different but i'm not sure what it could be at this point though.

can it be "to a max 33" .. rather than all higher lvl gets to be ilvl33 .. if their gears are bad relative to their real lvl, eg. if a 120 has bad gears in the 120 lvl, maybe when they party sync they get like ilvl28, instead of ilvl33 .. which is why they have lower stats ? or it still shows ilvl33 on them, but in fact they are having ilvl28 gear stats .. that could explain why their health can be such a big diff .. its really big, i cant find any info why the gap can be so huge .. in the 10-19 bg .. it can be 1000 and 1800 .. that is huge health gap for 2 party sync players
The only thing that seems to lower stats is actually removing gear. So if your hunter you saw with only 990 health wasn't suffering from like rez sickness or something, it's possible he removed gear. Or maybe had broken gear. I dont know why he would, but hey. folks are weird.

But no. There is no scaling for different quality of gear. My DK we did a bunch of testing on is very poorly geared for his level (level 76 still wearing the starter zone DK gear) but has the same stats as the very highly geared 120 DK (ilvl in the 400s, iirc) that belongs to one of our guildies.

The only thing that seems to lower stats is actually removing gear. So if your hunter you saw with only 990 health wasn't suffering from like rez sickness or something, it's possible he removed gear. Or maybe had broken gear. I dont know why he would, but hey. folks are weird.

But no. There is no scaling for different quality of gear. My DK we did a bunch of testing on is very poorly geared for his level (level 76 still wearing the starter zone DK gear) but has the same stats as the very highly geared 120 DK (ilvl in the 400s, iirc) that belongs to one of our guildies.

he doesnt have res sickness, his slots are filled, just that his ilvl is low .. this hunter with 990 health appears in about 6 bgs with me .. each time i check at start in game .. and i check after game in armory .. his dmg is significantly obvious .. on the higher side .. not very high or super high .. just high .. but his health are low .. his gears are below average, he is at lvl110, i cant see his ilvl in the bg .. so i dont know how he is scaled .. without a heal pocket healing him, he dies as easily as other lvlers .. i can only gather info from the scoreboard .. each bg, his dmg is only second to me .. and much higher than all others .. i am gathering info cos i would like to party sync after i know what it is about, i dont want to go to a lower bg and get 2-3 shotted by someone inside :D

as for DK .. i encountered a 2 player team twice .. they party sync in together, 1 is a lvl55 (he is not suppose to be 55, but on armory it shows 55, i dont know why, cos 55 still cannot leave starting zone, i cannot inspect him in the game either) with all the DK starter set .. another is a 120, geared .. both are blood .. the lvl55 only has 10something0 health i cant remember .. meaning he is not even 1100 health .. the other one has close to 2k (if i remember correctly 1.8 something K) .. both die easily .. i still cannot figure why they both died easily, cos for the lvl55, his gears would have been considered to be ok for his lvl but he dies like 2 shotted

i have encounter DKs many many times and DH too .. but seem like more DH likes party sync than DKs .. my mains are DKs and Hunters, so if i party sync it will prob be DKs

Last edited:
View attachment 13388

410 item level but I got just 136 Agility as 29 lvl scaled hunter.
But I do a lot more dmg than my 20 level normal hunter which has 170 agility with buffs
There is something wrong with the scalling.

just notice something .. can it be mastery is at work ? or someone is sure mastery is off in party sync .. for a hunter, mastery adds a lot of dmg .. and range .. maybe anyone having hunter party sync can check out if dmg and range is increased

he doesnt have res sickness, his slots are filled, just that his ilvl is low .. this hunter with 990 health appears in about 6 bgs with me .. each time i check at start in game .. and i check after game in armory .. his dmg is significantly obvious .. on the higher side .. not very high or super high .. just high .. but his health are low .. his gears are below average, he is at lvl110, i cant see his ilvl in the bg .. so i dont know how he is scaled .. without a heal pocket healing him, he dies as easily as other lvlers .. i can only gather info from the scoreboard .. each bg, his dmg is only second to me .. and much higher than all others .. i am gathering info cos i would like to party sync after i know what it is about, i dont want to go to a lower bg and get 2-3 shotted by someone inside :D

as for DK .. i encountered a 2 player team twice .. they party sync in together, 1 is a lvl55 (he is not suppose to be 55, but on armory it shows 55, i dont know why, cos 55 still cannot leave starting zone, i cannot inspect him in the game either) with all the DK starter set .. another is a 120, geared .. both are blood .. the lvl55 only has 10something0 health i cant remember .. meaning he is not even 1100 health .. the other one has close to 2k (if i remember correctly 1.8 something K) .. both die easily .. i still cannot figure why they both died easily, cos for the lvl55, his gears would have been considered to be ok for his lvl but he dies like 2 shotted

i have encounter DKs many many times and DH too .. but seem like more DH likes party sync than DKs .. my mains are DKs and Hunters, so if i party sync it will prob be DKs
I dont know what to tell you other than your singular experience doesnt line up with the experiences of dozens of other players.

Look into it yourself. What gear are these players wearing? What buffs and debuffs do they have? Are the missing gear? I've got a sneaking suspicion you're missing something.
[doublepost=1571034216,1571034142][/doublepost]
someone try classic ehcnats

see if they work
swear to fucking god...

I have been playing a DK in bracket quite a bit, and I have had no problems playing it even into twinked teams. The abilities that you get for being 29 can be really impactful, even if the stats template you have is not very strong. Also you can bring better food and flask items into the BG to help cover the difference.

Borka-Lothar I have only lvld through BGs with this DK and sold almost all of the gear drops because Ilvl doesnt matter at all, i can wear the starting DK gear on my lvl 90somethin DK and have the same stats as if I had BiS stuff. There is no different template for good gear or bad gear. You might have noticed a difference bc of buffs or passives, DK will have more hp than most other sync classes bc they have vet of the third war passive that increases their stamina.

Endless rage is 15 attack power, and charbroiled tiger steaks right now is what i am using, no garentee that those are the best either though.

im workin on figureing the best buffs to bring in and over useables, ill make a list of what i tried and works/doesnt eventually.

Wow, after reading through this post, I can tell the bracket is full of top-notch analysis and reading comprehension skills. Great initiative, guys!

It's like half of the people in the thread are in denial or something lmao. Thank you for keeping them in touch with reality, @Chops

Was thinking about why you noticed dmg that was better than the stat line suggests, i think it is because the weapon base dmg is higher than a lvl 20s for synch players since their weapon would be scaled down for a 29 and not a 20. Don't really have a way to show if this is true or not, but my suspicions at least.

It's like half of the people in the thread are in denial or something lmao. Thank you for keeping them in touch with reality, @Chops
Lol thanks

I get it though. It's hard to believe blizzard didn't royally fuck this up, so people are looking for holes that feel like they should be there.

They just... aren't. Outside of runeforging feeling like it might be an oversight, everything is pretty solid.

Users who are viewing this thread