EU+US Veteran or 120 scaled?

Kaløyan

Grandfathered
I just started to solo-queue my 120s with my starter edition 20s and played some BGs yesterday and my question is - Which is better? 20 level Veteran or 120 level scaled to 29?

As 120, you got more abilities - 29 level abilities, but dunno about the scaled gear. My 120 hunter raped everything in one BG but the game showed that this char have less agility than my 20 level F2P. Dunno how... my 120 scaled have +17 agility on the Head and Cloak gear and I assume if I use the calculator, it will be more agility than what the game shows.

[...] but dunno about the scaled gear. My 120 hunter raped everything in one BG but the game showed that this char have less agility than my 20 level F2P. Dunno how... my 120 scaled have +17 agility on the Head and Cloak gear and I assume if I use the calculator, it will be more agility than what the game shows.
It appears that when it scales you down, it simply ignores all of the stats on your gear... you actually end-up with a Legion-style "template". It doesn't matter if you're wearing "all epics" or "all vendor-trash", your resultant stats should be identical. :confused:

It appears that when it scales you down, it simply ignores all of the stats on your gear... you actually end-up with a Legion-style "template". It doesn't matter if you're wearing "all epics" or "all vendor-trash", your resultant stats should be identical. :confused:
Yeah, I noticed that. Almost everything in my gear was with +5 Agility, but the head and the cloak were +17 or even more :p That was weard cuz with my F2P hunter I have 170 Agility in BGs but this 120 lvl scaled to 29 has under 140 Agi but "raped" more horde than my F2P :D Dunno, I`ll make some pictures about stats and damage compared to 20 F2P - 120 scaled to 29 today.

But my main question is - Should I run a Veteran or just pay to play as 120 in 20-29 level BGs? Which is more powerful - Vet or 120?

Last edited:
Pf course Vet - in case of consumables. Scaled ones are just fun because you don't need to spend hungreds of hours to equip them, but they are smashed by OP spec vets.

What happens if a level 21 scales down to play with level 20s? Does it get the exact same template as a level 120?

I have been doing some tracking on this topic for the past month.. I don't know when party sync started but had made effort to check party sync players using armory.. This is what I found, by the way I am in 10-19, I don't think there is big diff between 10-19 and 20-29

party sync players divided into geared and the under geared. most of them come in thinking they are able to do easy kill on the lvling players .. in the 10-19 yes, they indeed have a significant edge over the 10-19 as most of the lvling players dont even have bracer belt gloves boots and rings .. but the moment they encounter a well equiped 10-19 .. the 120 will get hit really hard .. in 1 particular bg there were 2 enemy DH getting 2-3 shotted (i am not even BIS, just having above average gears) .. there are many occassions the 110 or 120 or 111 who came in, same ending for them

the only thing good about party sync is they get a lot of health IF they are geared .. if they are not, their health is low, i seen a 110 hunter who has been in a few 10-19 bg, his gear i would say is below average, and he has a health of 990 .. for those playing 10-19 you have some idea how low that is, BUT his overall dmg output is pretty high .. i have seen a lvl20 mage party sync in 10-19 .. his gears are good .. all are near BIS but none are BIS .. and he gets about 1.6-1.8k health (think he had pot) .. that is a lot of health for a mage in a 10-19 bg .. so, if a party sync players want to enjoy the OPness, he should be in 10-19, going to 20-29 and meeting so many geared players is a bad bad idea .. not only will he not get to feel the OPness .. he will be a lightning rod

DH Party Sync.jpg

WoWScrnShot_101319_162637.jpg

410 item level but I got just 136 Agility as 29 lvl scaled hunter.
But I do a lot more dmg than my 20 level normal hunter which has 170 agility with buffs
There is something wrong with the scalling.

View attachment 13388

But I do a lot more dmg than my 20 level normal hunter which has 170 agility with buffs

do you feel like you get more easily killed than a lvl20 or less easily killed ? since both are hunters, you prob have a good comparison

View attachment 13388

The reason why you feel that way is because you get 29 abilities(spells). Which has some really good moves you miss out on. While lvl 20 twinks are missing some really good spells.

But what if you lvl up to 29 - turn exp off - run dungeons/quests and get your 35/41 ilvl gear - turn xp on and lvl to 30 - sync and play 20s bgs.
Would you get scaled just as any other character or you would be practically BiS in bracket? It’s more likely to be first but did anyone tried? I’m interested if gear is scaled down even if it’s within brackets ilvl range.

Hmmmmmm, 1 thing I remember from when lvl 29s were still a thing or when I was playing throwaway allied races chars that it felt like I was taking less and dealing more dmg once I went beyond lvl 25.

Maybe theres a level factor aswell that the game calculates into dealing and taking damage (SHOULD treat you as a lvl 29). The gear you are wearing SHOULD not matter.

But what if you lvl up to 29 - turn exp off - run dungeons/quests and get your 35/41 ilvl gear - turn xp on and lvl to 30 - sync and play 20s bgs.
Would you get scaled just as any other character or you would be practically BiS in bracket? It’s more likely to be first but did anyone tried? I’m interested if gear is scaled down even if it’s within brackets ilvl range.

For the thousandth fucking time

ANY SCALED CHARACTER GETS ILVL 33 GEAR AND ENCHANTS TURNED OFF

For the thousandth fucking time

ANY SCALED CHARACTER GETS ILVL 33 GEAR AND ENCHANTS TURNED OFF

Flasks work btw.

was thinking of typical twinkgearing. enchants, engineering headgear: not working. flasks: working

and yea any kind of cosumable should work too....

this is more note to self.

I should have said 30, and you don't have to be an asshole in answering. Or I suppose, you didn't actually answer what I meant at all... which means you're just an asshole.
It's really very simple.

Any scaled character is level 29 with ilvl 33 gear.

Period. Full stop.

We've tried it all. Requires 29 ilvl 34 gear? Still scales to 33. Requires 29, ilvl 33 gear that presumably wouldn't scale? Still loses enchants. Stacking high ilvl gear that doesn't normally scale? It still gets scaled down.

Character level 29, gear is ilvl 33. Yes, even if you try Y on X character.

The only things that "game the system" are pets not losing abilities, BM hunters retaining spirit beasts and DK runeforging.

Users who are viewing this thread