[veteran] Feral Druid

Hello! I want to be the firs to invite you to Aerie Peak. Always nice to see new faces!:)

I'm actually based on Barthilas (OCE) and this toons is on Azjol, but thanks for the nice welcome to the community :)

I've been around reading twinkinfo for a while, and I've always been a fan of the f2p community and its dedication (ie. level 20s killing level 50 elites just for the challenge). Glad to be involved!

I'm not moving it, Lenny. You have expressed your opinion on how you view the new scenario. Whether or not the account was once-paid, once it lapses and they're not paying, it's a free-to-play. No one knows exactly how that's going to play out over the next few months, and this person is telling us that he wants to be considered part of our community. I am not going to close the door in his face simply because some people are worried about what the future is going to bring. That's not how we do things in this bracket.

Once everything sorts out, and 6.1 falls, and we see which way the community leans -as a whole-, then we can re-address this issue. That's my stance on it.

I still think the rate a twink thread tag should have a veteran option.

I'm not moving it, Lenny. You have expressed your opinion on how you view the new scenario. Whether or not the account was once-paid, once it lapses and they're not paying, it's a free-to-play. No one knows exactly how that's going to play out over the next few months, and this person is telling us that he wants to be considered part of our community. I am not going to close the door in his face simply because some people are worried about what the future is going to bring. That's not how we do things in this bracket.

Once everything sorts out, and 6.1 falls, and we see which way the community leans -as a whole-, then we can re-address this issue. That's my stance on it.

Hey Kincaide, I do understand your decision and there is no reason for it to be moved right now, but I think TI should find a solution, atleast in the future, because what about all the other veteran accounts? Level 1 - 5- 10 - 15 -19 -20? All going under the same roof, hand in hand (F2P Section), No I aint a F2P player, and yes I do understand your reasoning for letting it stay right now, but I think it will be one hell of a mess in the future if all these twinks (Veteran accounts) are gonna stay in the "F2P Forum" if you havnt already I think it would be smart to take up the discussion one day with the other moderators. Besides from this, keep up the good work, wasnt trying to bash at any, just shoot some balls up in the air in hope one or another gets caught.

Best regards Shamatix

Hey Kincaide, I do understand your decision and there is no reason for it to be moved right now, but I think TI should find a solution, atleast in the future, because what about all the other veteran accounts? Level 1 - 5- 10 - 15 -19 -20? All going under the same roof, hand in hand (F2P Section), No I aint a F2P player, and yes I do understand your reasoning for letting it stay right now, but I think it will be one hell of a mess in the future if all these twinks (Veteran accounts) are gonna stay in the "F2P Forum" if you havnt already I think it would be smart to take up the discussion one day with the other moderators. Besides from this, keep up the good work, wasnt trying to bash at any, just shoot some balls up in the air in hope one or another gets caught.

Best regards Shamatix

You make excellent points, and I think that how it gets handled is going to have to extend naturally from you guys the users, how you guys naturally decide to handle it. We're used to thinking of the F2P forum as a bracket, but it's not. Our bracket is the 20-29s, and all our bracket-related posts technically should be there, and only twink info directly related to F2Ps should be here. But that's not how the users ended up using it, so the actual community organized itself in its own way regardless of how the admins structured it. Which is kind of poetic in its own way.

I have confidence that the community will settle into its own standards naturally, and when that happens, I'll do my best to advocate for structures that best support that.

I think this bracket just got a whole lot unfairer for f2p's now 6.1 is here now everyone has access to looms from all alts and linked accounts, so a real f2p account is unlinked i take it. Because given a chance to get loomed quick and not getting pwn'd in bg's it's tempting.
Most people are already geared for f2p 20-29 bracket and can handle them selves. But someone just leveling with a starter account (Unlinked) is going to be horrible for them, Twinked f2p's against the majority of players with full Guild, Honor and vender looms already is going to be rough anyway.
Im all for evening the score ive got a main account and have already put in years to get looms, f2p or vet im not sure what ill decide.
Create your own path... and walk it with pride...

Everyone needs to stop crying, for god sakes. It's 5 dollars. Go mow the neighbors yard, you'll get 4 times that amount. Improve your characters; lets have fun and be on par with everyone else. Real competition can only help here.

I'm not linked, I'll be raising all my gold on my own. Pool mats and sell them on AH, I'll have 3k worth of stuff ready to go by the time I upgrade this weekend. It's not hard.

As for your Druid I would continue to FC. Guar has some great mitigation. We don't need more broken ferals, that's the real issue with this bracket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone needs to stop crying, for god sakes. It's 5 dollars. Go mow the neighbors yard, you'll get 4 times that amount. Improve your characters; lets have fun and be on par with everyone else. Real competition can only help here.

I'm not linked, I'll be raising all my gold on my own. Pool mats and sell them on AH, I'll have 3k worth of stuff ready to go by the time I upgrade this weekend. It's not hard.

As for your Druid I would continue to FC. Guar has some great mitigation. We don't need more broken ferals, that's the real issue with this bracket.

Yeah except guardian takes more damage than any other of druid specs, due to tanks getting a +25% damage taken debuff upon entering pvp combat.

He still has 50-60% armor, which is the most of any tank class I've seen. That 330% really stacks up ;)

Just barely 50% in FC set, unless you go max armor which is pretty stupid considering you lose like 1k hp for 4% armor or something. Also, considering resto/balance/feral have above 40% armor anyways, but dont get +25% damage taken debuff, they take A LOT less damage. So yeah, don't spec guardian for tanking purposes in pvp.

But yeah still agree with you, veteran feral 0/5.

Just barely 50% in FC set, unless you go max armor which is pretty stupid considering you lose like 1k hp for 4% armor or something. Also, considering resto/balance/feral have above 40% armor anyways, but dont get +25% damage taken debuff, they take A LOT less damage. So yeah, don't spec guardian for tanking purposes in pvp.

But yeah still agree with you, veteran feral 0/5.

sorry for a dumb question but I don't get what you mean by the "damage taken debuff", also do you mean feral/resto take less damage than guardian or just other classes?
I'm a bit confused.

But I agree that resto/feral are more versatile for FC as guardian.

sorry for a dumb question but I don't get what you mean by the "damage taken debuff", also do you mean feral/resto take less damage than guardian or just other classes?
I'm a bit confused.

But I agree that resto/feral are more versatile for FC as guardian.

• Tanks now take 25% additional damage while engaged in PvP combat.
From 6.0.2 patch notes. So tank specs take +25% damage in pvp combat, hence other specs are generally better for FCing now.

Users who are viewing this thread