[veteran] Feral Druid

Maybe post this in the 20-29 (p2p) forum? :)

With the upcoming veteran account, I'm looking at playing f2p 20s. I've enjoyed the bracket in the past and would like to continue playing PvP in WoW, but without the $$ (baby on the way, gotta save every penny).

This would mean I'm playing f2p, which is this forum. There is already a healthy discussion about veteran accounts in here, and it looks like most will be rolling in guild heirlooms after 6.1 hits.

This may make you among the first of your kind here, welcome! There's no question that we will see more and more of what we're coming to call Veteran F2Ps, so this shouldn't be that unusual or shocking to anyone. Indeed, we've been discussing that veteran f2ps quite possibly could become the norm among those here at TI.

Some moderator SHOULD move this to 20-29 BRACKET! Here is the reason :
Nope, this truly belongs to P2P 20-29, i don't know what blizzard intends to do with it, but for us F2Ps i think it SHOULD NOT be allowed. Why ? Well, lets say, what do we use the term F2P Restrictions for ?! Hmm.
Yeah. There is a reason why blizzard calls it "Veteran Edition" ... It is a once PAID account , but you can log on only to lv <=20 characters. Your characters might have guild heirlooms , might have enchants (111+ skill)... if they do, they are NOT classified as F2P, because Starter and Veteran are totally different things, (you can play a f2p with restrictions in a veteran tho) .

I'm not moving it, Lenny. You have expressed your opinion on how you view the new scenario. Whether or not the account was once-paid, once it lapses and they're not paying, it's a free-to-play. No one knows exactly how that's going to play out over the next few months, and this person is telling us that he wants to be considered part of our community. I am not going to close the door in his face simply because some people are worried about what the future is going to bring. That's not how we do things in this bracket.

Once everything sorts out, and 6.1 falls, and we see which way the community leans -as a whole-, then we can re-address this issue. That's my stance on it.

Once everything sorts out, and 6.1 falls, and we see which way the community leans -as a whole-, then we can re-address this issue. That's my stance on it.
If it seems like i am insulting anyone, sorry, i was not aiming for that. And Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion on it. But the only thing that i don't really understand is this, if F2Ps use enchants , use Guild Heirlooms etc, will make little difference between 20-29 bracket, ( The one that we cannot create characters 20+ , and the one that they pay ). And we cant just call the Ti Forum Bracket "F2P" anymore just because on 20-29 they pay or create 20+/29. In this case, if this truly happens, i would stick with merging F2P Bracket with 20-29. That's the way i see it.

If it seems like i am insulting anyone, sorry, i was not aiming for that. And Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion on it. But the only thing that i don't really understand is this, if F2Ps use enchants , use Guild Heirlooms etc, will make little difference between 20-29 bracket, ( The one that we cannot create characters 20+ , and the one that they pay ). And we cant just call the Ti Forum Bracket "F2P" anymore just because on 20-29 they pay or create 20+/29. In this case, if this truly happens, i would stick with merging F2P Bracket with 20-29. That's the way i see it.

I understand, and it may very well play out that way, we just don't know. But in the meantime, let's let this fine gentleman have his thread, and we can discuss the future of our bracket over in the main forum.

I'm sure people will be thrilled to see another feral join the bracket. :)

Haha, I knew that might be a problem, but my 3 mains since BC have been Spriest, feral and ele shaman. The only one of those I can see working at 20 is feral, and I had this guy geared at 20 before they became the powerhouses they are now.

Thanks for the support for my decision, and don't worry I won't be in premades. I play solo in bgs and skirms, and have a ton of fun.

However, does anyone have any tips for my gear? :)

Thanks for the support for my decision, and don't worry I won't be in premades. I play solo in bgs and skirms, and have a ton of fun.

Yeah right. It's a lot of fun 2 shotting your way to glory. :confused:

You're a p2p player in my book. No offense, but i'm not giving you tips on how to make your OP FotM char even more OP.

There is a 20-29 bracket for that.

I'm not moving it, Lenny. You have expressed your opinion on how you view the new scenario. Whether or not the account was once-paid, once it lapses and they're not paying, it's a free-to-play. No one knows exactly how that's going to play out over the next few months, and this person is telling us that he wants to be considered part of our community. I am not going to close the door in his face simply because some people are worried about what the future is going to bring. That's not how we do things in this bracket.

No one's asking you to turn anyone away. It's painfully obvious to any rational person that this belongs in the 20-29 section.

McBro, you seem to be a nice guy. So if my posts look a little hostile, it's nothing personal.

No worries, mate. I think I was being a little bold starting this up before knowing the general opinion of the f2p community.

Unfortunately there is going to be an elitist attitude from the pure f2ps regardless of whether most choose to go veteran or not.

Additionally, the f2p players are effectively losing their identity now that p2ps will be able to play for free. All the pros of being free to play, with almost none of the cons...

I think most of you are right, this is a 20-29 thread until the majority of f2p 20s are veterans.

Also, Spiriel, this was my stam-stacked 20 guardian druid I made in Cata to FC. If any of that fits the requirements for "flavour of the month" then PM me to discuss your theory.

Ty all for the feedback, I'll pose my question elsewhere. See you in WSG soon :)

I think most of you are right, this is a 20-29 thread until the majority of f2p 20s are veterans.

One of the reasons I'm glad I chose to leave this here, and still stand behind that decision, is that it's a good litmus test for the kinds of attitudes and prejudices that I am likely going to have to be dealing with as a moderator as we go into this new era. Things change, and things will always change, and as a personal life philosophy I have always felt that those that succeed or fail in life is determined by how adaptable people are to change. It's not going to do anyone any good holding on to ideas of how things "used to be" (in this case, they're not "used to be" yet, but it's coming) when the world has moved on and the landscape has changed.

One of the reasons I'm glad I chose to leave this here, and still stand behind that decision, is that it's a good litmus test for the kinds of attitudes and prejudices that I am likely going to have to be dealing with as a moderator as we go into this new era. Things change, and things will always change, and as a personal life philosophy I have always felt that those that succeed or fail in life is determined by how adaptable people are to change. It's not going to do anyone any good holding on to ideas of how things "used to be" (in this case, they're not "used to be" yet, but it's coming) when the world has moved on and the landscape has changed.

I'm glad you don't mind adapting to changes in the bracket.

Sharing a bracket at lvl 20 doesn't mean all 20 twinks are part of the F2P community.

I think the veteran f2p 20 twinks are not on the same level as the f2p 20 twinks who are unable to get guild heirlooms and p2p enchants.

So right now the veteran f2p twinks should be classified as p2p 20 twinks.

What happens later? No one knows.

I'm glad you don't mind adapting to changes in the bracket.

Sharing a bracket at lvl 20 doesn't mean all 20 twinks are part of the F2P community.

I think the veteran f2p 20 twinks are not on the same level as the f2p 20 twinks who are unable to get guild heirlooms and p2p enchants.

So right now the veteran f2p twinks should be classified as p2p 20 twinks.

What happens later? No one knows.

The reason I disagree with that, and I'll repeat it here in case you haven't been following the admittedly long threads, is that a Veteran F2P's day to day life, with the chat, trade, mail, gold, and auction house restrictions, MUCH more closely mirrors that of the Starter F2P. In fact the ONLY differences between a Starter F2P and a Veteran F2P is the potential for a few armor upgrades and good enchants, and even that is only if the person works like hell for it during the one month of game time. On the other hand the differences between a Veteran F2P and a P2P, as I listed above, are huge. A P2Ps entire way of moving through the world, whispering people for things they need, trading people for things they need, going on the Auction House for things they need, is completely inaccessible to the Veteran F2P. Not to mention the perpetual availability of an end-game character to go out and actually retrieve said items, or earn the gold for them, or carry the low character through content to get them. In other words, all the things that we would traditionally define as "twinking". Veteran F2Ps are therefore no more traditional twinks than Starter F2Ps, as soon as that subscription runs out.

Users who are viewing this thread