Veteran Edition account (6.1 update)

It's possible sure. I fully expect gold to work like Aradiel has said. That's what I'm saying, they wouldn't mess with current stuff, just a further restriction is in place. If they mess with XP every 19 twink that runs out of time and then plays would be completely screwed, which seems a bit crazy.

This has happened to paying players in the past. Again, during cataclysm. Exp off has been toggled on, causing many twinks to accidentally out level their brackets. If they don't care about currently paying customers, I very much doubt they care about recently paying customers.

This has happened to paying players in the past. Again, during cataclysm. Exp off has been toggled on, causing many twinks to accidentally out level their brackets. If they don't care about currently paying customers, I very much doubt they care about recently paying customers.

Ah interesting, didn't know it applied to p2ps in the past. Maybe I didn't fully read, my bad.

Still looking good for us 20s :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, regardless - you would be able to own a level 19 twink without having to pay a subscription.

That seems fairly exciting to people like me, who enjoy competitive PvP but don't want to pay for it.

I wouldn't count on that. It has happened before where Blizz forced XP back on.

https://cynwise.wordpress.com/2011/10/11/f2p-unable-to-lock-xp/

Kierbuu
October 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm
I had several locked at 19 F2P ‘toons. XP is back on and the option to turn it off again has been removed. GMs are saying this is a bug fix and intended. They don’t want xp gains turned off on F2P accounts. Sad, sad play time for me today.

I wouldn't count on that. It has happened before where Blizz forced XP back on.

https://cynwise.wordpress.com/2011/10/11/f2p-unable-to-lock-xp/

Kierbuu
October 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm
I had several locked at 19 F2P ‘toons. XP is back on and the option to turn it off again has been removed. GMs are saying this is a bug fix and intended. They don’t want xp gains turned off on F2P accounts. Sad, sad play time for me today.

Yeah, but you'd be locking the account while you were subbed.

Unless they're undoing a very random and specific action that took place while you're subbed, we'd have locked 19's.

So basically, F2P will be able to pay 15$ to be a bit stronger than regular F2P.

Nothing ground shattering.

Mounts, pets, mog choices, 225 professions (parachute cloak), auction house, guilds, trading, guild BoAs that are enchanted not just pulled from tab, enchants/ stamina armor kits for everything else.

Also are you the fire mage from last nights game that had 3 mages?

So basically, F2P will be able to pay 15$ to be a bit stronger than regular F2P.

Nothing ground shattering.

From what I hear others saying, the battle chest is going for $5.

If that continues, then I think that "veteran" F2Ps (veteran is a convenient moniker, let's just go with it) will be come the norm. Upgrade your trial account, spend one month getting goodies for your characters, lapse and continue. Why wouldn't people want to do that, when the perks of doing so include being able to associate themselves into guilds of like-minded people within larger F2P communities? We clamored for ways to replicate exactly that with addons just a few months ago, now we have the chance to do so for real, and all for less than a combo meal.

I'll be the first to say, I'd do it. Some of the details of xp on/off need to be tested first, but yeah I'd do it.

Mounts, pets, mog choices, 225 professions (parachute cloak), auction house, guilds, trading, guild BoAs that are enchanted not just pulled from tab, enchants/ stamina armor kits for everything else.

Also are you the fire mage from last nights game that had 3 mages?

Sorry if I'm out of the loop, but 225 professions? Where is that from?

This is not f2p. It's a conversion of dormant accounts to allow trial creation within the account. Very specifically, that is what they describe it as.
It's a smart move by Blizzard to encourage chronic trial players to resubscribe. I wouldn't expect anything extra from that subscription. If you create a trial on a veteran account then subscribe, that trial character won't be accessible once you've unsubscribed (speculation). You will again have a veteran account where you can create NEW trial characters with all limitations including XPon. Why does no one else see the obvious logic here? Technically, business-wise and consistent with what's been said thus far, it's pretty obvious what I've described above is most likely what we have to look forward to. The other scenarios being suggested are more complex, difficult to manage and not consistent with what's been said of their intentions or policies regarding trial accounts. If you want a twink 19, you're going to have to keep a subscription. Trial essentially remains what trial was, and if you have trial toons you know you never want to upgrade it's probably best to keep that separate account (or risk the upgrade if you ever want to sub on your veteran toons). Just a guess.

I've place my bet on that and hold it. Once you pay, all characters on your veteran account get tagged as part of that paid account (including any sub-21 twinks you've created). Unsubscribe, and you lose access to all previous characters, but can start new ones with trial restrictions. Less wishful thinking, more business sense.

Oooh, I'm willing to take that bet! I believe that every character under 21 will still be playable when your subscription time runs out. Either of us could be right, it could go both ways, but I'd be willing to make that wager with you! :)

Oooh, I'm willing to take that bet! I believe that every character under 21 will still be playable when your subscription time runs out. Either of us could be right, it could go both ways, but I'd be willing to make that wager with you! :)

A blue post by Bashiok (Posted a page or two back on this) confirms that it's only level 20 and below. A veteran account is simply an account that has run out of time, but lets you play level 20 or under chars on it. If they are already in a guild, they can stay in and stay active. If you have a char in a guild, others can join the same guild. The gold cap is the same.

However, this is still amazing. This means we can have level 20s on our P2P that have tons of GF'd gear, significantly higher profs, and access to much more enchants.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700254621?page=7#131

Will there be a subforum in this bracket for veteran twinks or will it remain the same?

Will there be a subforum in this bracket for veteran twinks or will it remain the same?

Well, we don't currently have subforums separating linked F2Ps and unlinked F2Ps, and that's the closest currently-existing analogy I can think of. Veteran accounts are just a different level on the "purity" scale. But if you're playing, and you're not paying to play, then in my personal opinion you are a Free To Play.

Besides, as I said before, with $5 being such a low cost of entry to a much better experience, I fully expect that veteran F2Ps will be the norm and trial F2Ps the exception. Certainly within the statistical sample of this forum.

Veteran accounts are just a different level on the "purity" scale. .

Come on, Kincaide. You're one of the more balanced posters I've read here, justifying your promotion (gratz). There has been no indication whatsoever to confirm that veteran trial accounts will differ in any way other than access to already joined guilds (so old guild mates can convince you to sub... clever). In fact, it has so far been stressed that it in every other way it is exactly the same as 'pure' trial. As well, if I'm correct in our wager most would be wise to maintain non-veteran trial accounts. Keep speculation separate from misinformation.

oooo... I'm going to so eat crow if veteran trials get access to enchants and remain playable after unsubbing. Yeah, that'll happen.

Higher profs. Access to AH to buy all BOE gear and high end enchants/kits while subbed, then let sub run out to be F2P. Access to level 20s with long since GF'd gear.

What part of this are you missing being different?

Higher profs. Access to AH to buy all BOE gear and high end enchants/kits while subbed, then let sub run out to be F2P. Access to level 20s with long since GF'd gear.

What part of this are you missing being different?

The part where you're assuming veteran trials aren't upgraded when you subscribe.

I think you've got this all wrong.

According to Bashiok, a Veteran account is a formerly subscribed client that has run out of game time, that allows you to play characters on the account that are level 20 or under on this client. Old F2P trials are not being upgraded to veteran.

This isn't trials turning into something more, it's already prior subbed upgraded accounts that are lapsed in payments into a trial state to play in between paying, or instead of paying anymore. That is the entire point of this on Blizzard's end.

Nothing I'm saying is based on assumption.

I'll try to be clearer. Maybe my comment was too flippant.

You are assuming that WoW accounts will consider all characters level 20 and under as trial whether subscribed or not.
I am suggesting the likelihood that once you subscribe, veteran trials become part of a paid account. Afterwards it doesn't matter what level they are at. Once you unsubscribe, you will no longer have access to those formerly trial characters. It will now again be considered a veteran account where you can create NEW trials with the usual restrictions. To me this makes a lot more sense than what others are hoping for. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread