Vastly Oversized Ring

Osteego

Hello all,

I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to jump into twinking as this seems way more fun than the SL grind.

Long story short, I've been farming Eye of Azshara with a lvl 55/24 duo and the below dropped for me.

Ring.png

I'm not trying to flex or sell this off since I plan to use, but I'm wondering what class would benefit most from this ring from a BG perspective. I'm sure a Destro lock or MM Hunter would be amazing (think I'm leaning towards Destro) but since this seems to be an item to build around, I'd love to know anyone else's suggestion on the class they'd use.

I know this is a broad based question since we all have our preferences, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like it dropped on your 50 and you've fallen victim to the currently rampant tooltip bug. It is probably not actually equippable on your 20 or it would have scaled to ilvl 28 and not give that many stats.

dirtypaws - Just used 2 accounts and grouped the toons. Not sure I know the difference between party-sync vs. normal. This was not in an instance, if that's what you mean.

ohti - Looted from my 24 but I now assume the only way to know for sure would be to equip and see what happens, yes?
Scary proposition....

ohti - Looted from my 24 but I now assume the only way to know for sure would be to equip and see what happens, yes?
Pretty sure epics looted on 24s scale to req 24 ilvl 31. What toon are you looking at the ring on in the screenshot?

dirtypaws - Just used 2 accounts and grouped the toons. Not sure I know the difference between party-sync vs. normal. This was not in an instance, if that's what you mean.

Scary proposition....
Do it for science!

On the topic though, assuming a scenario where you're able to equip that ring on a 20, I would pick either a Destro Lock for big one shots or an Outlaw Rogue for some memes with frag grenades = )

Prior screen is from a level 20 Arcane mage. However, when on my lvl 2 bank toon, the tooltip says something different:
Ring-2.png

the fact that it dropped for his 24 makes me believe there is still a chance...very slim though, likely a hidden level 40 requirement.

all you need to do is test it on your level 2 bankie by trying to equip it (right click), and it would tell you the actual requirement, absolutely no need to level a 20 to test it.

Last edited:
I had a version for a level 20, pretty sure stats were exactly half those (+6 stam, +25 crit).
So I'm very curious to see if this version can be equipped.
Seems pretty unlikely, but with the amount of things broken atm, never say never.

Can confirm that it is +6 stam +25 crit, have it on my crit MM build 20. Goes well with Stormwing band of the decimator and Azurewing pendant of the decimator, both also +6 stam and +25 crit if you are looking to stack heaps of crit.

Users who are viewing this thread