Twink world about to be turned upside down in 5.4

Allybeboba

Legend
As the title states, if this goes forward in 5.4.

"•All permanent item enhancements provided by Enchanting, Engineering, Leatherworking, Tailoring, and various vendors and quests are now able to be applied to items of any level. The effects of these enchantments will be scaled down to the level of the player using the item."

So many questions, so little answers. Source below.

MMO-Champion - Patch 5.4 PTR - Build 17056

I can hear the F2P screams right now.

Sweetsydney...

I really don't hope this goes live... otherwise, i'll just stick to my main or LoL...

Artonkn there's no need for bugs.

If you apply a super-OP enchant for 90 items it'll be a super-OP enchant for whatever level your item is because it gets scaled down.
Prepare for greatness.

F2Ps will be mad, but hey you get what you pay for. They have no basis for being mad - They've chosen their own limits.

PTR has been out for less then a day and we already have ppl thinking they know how it will effect our bracket.. No1 here knows what's going to happen so stop assuming it's gonna make 24s stronger. I'm gonna laugh when it scales down your 15 agi and 30 sp enchants to 3 agi and 5 sp then the 24s are the ones crying

I'm gonna laugh when it scales down your 15 agi and 30 sp enchants to 3 agi and 5 sp then the 24s are the ones crying

Typical...

As I stated, so many questions, so little answers. Who knows, the enchants may end up having level requirements. Maybe if everyone is lucky enchants scale up in BGs like items do. Either way, exciting times could be ahead finding out which enchant will be the best for you, just like with item scaling. Could be a vanilla, BC, WotLK, Cata, or MoP enchant, who knows. It is WAY too early to tell until a few more PTR builds come out. I, for one, like changes, nerf or buff. Keeps the game from getting stale.

Sweetsydney...

PTR has been out for less then a day and we already have ppl thinking they know how it will effect our bracket.. No1 here knows what's going to happen so stop assuming it's gonna make 24s stronger. I'm gonna laugh when it scales down your 15 agi and 30 sp enchants to 3 agi and 5 sp then the 24s are the ones crying

heh.

Artonkn there's no need for bugs.

If you apply a super-OP enchant for 90 items it'll be a super-OP enchant for whatever level your item is because it gets scaled down.
Prepare for greatness.

F2Ps will be mad, but hey you get what you pay for. They have no basis for being mad - They've chosen their own limits.

If we wanted Tazik or Synapse, we'd need some form of bug. As at 20-24, we can not learn glove tinkers, therefore all that leaves is high levels that can do it? However tinkers dont work like other enchants, if you wanted to attach it to some BoE gloves to mail to your alt, won't work, must be soulbound, nothing to do with the level requirement.

Bonus stats on shoulders and legs is better than no bonus stats at all.

Typical f2p, trying to twist things your way when they obviously aren't.

You guys do realize that enchants such as +15 agil might scale down to level 24? You've been using an enchant meant for level 60s this whole time. For all you know, you could see something along the lines of +5 agil when patch day hits. It will be cool to see twinks running around w/ 30agi and 5 crit shoulder enchants though(approximate scaling that I pulled out of my arse).

You guys do realize that enchants such as +15 agil might scale down to level 24? You've been using an enchant meant for level 60s this whole time. For all you know, you could see something along the lines of +5 agil when patch day hits. It will be cool to see twinks running around w/ 30agi and 5 crit shoulder enchants though(approximate scaling that I pulled out of my arse).

Na shhh brov. We are just the typical f2ps lol we don't know what we are talking about. We should listen to what the 24s say

This.
Even if we got our weapon enchants scaled down (which likely will seeing as they are designed for 60s) it'd be made up for through leg enchants, shoulder enchants, etc.

Edit: Who knows, Blizzard might just be stupid enough to let us use a belt buckle, then fix it a week later after they realized they screwed up.

you honestly think a little scaling on existing chants will compensate for the stuff 24s gain by this? Lord Blastington's Scope of Doom - Item - World of Warcraft think of that scaled to proc for 50-100, maybe more.

Do you honestly think if the 15 agi chant is scaled to like 3 or 5 that a scope will stay that high? All I see are 24s who don't realize that if one thing is going to scale down to level then more then likely ALL are.

More then likely scaling will be closer to these

15 agi: 3/5
9 stam: 2/3
that scope: 5/10
shoulder chant: 5 agi 3 crit
leg chant: 5 stam 3 agi

Go ahead and name some more enchants as idk all the higher lv ones. I highly highly doubt if they scale everything the same that ANY enchant will add more then 10 of one stat.

Again no1 knows what's going to happen. If they scale everything down to level 24s may or may not gain some small stat increases. If they don't.. well then blizz is more dumb then I thought allowing those chants in lower lv brackets

Possible exploits, on top of advantages for a p2p 20 so you get best of both world scaling gear up and high end enchants scaling down. Nom Nom Nom

/tickle

15 agi: 3/5
9 stam: 2/3
that scope: 5/10
shoulder chant: 5 agi 3 crit
leg chant: 5 stam 3 agi

they are vanilla enchants. if TBC, WotLK, cata, and mop ones are going to be usable, why on earth would you use vanilla ones :p

answer me this.. why would they scale Enchant Bracer - Super Intellect - Item - World of Warcraft and Enchant Bracer - Greater Intellect - Item - World of Warcraft both to lets say 3int? it won't happen that way or there's no point.

because they are put on the same level person? it's common sense lol.. That's like asking why the 85 JP boa and the 80 JP boa scale to the same on a lv 24..

If people are thinking 24s are going to be getting 500 crit or 1000 agi from chants you are sadly mistaken.... I hope

Users who are viewing this thread