Truth about 3.1

Tetox

OG
Ive seen numerous comments about blizzard making changes in 3.1 to 'balance things' but removing leg armor kits, naxx, gladiator inscription, etc. I dont see how more people just arent realizing this.... theyre not doing it to balance brackets. This is all about BoAs. There had been mention somewhere previously about Blizzard looking at methods for getting higher level enchants on BoA items, and I think they found a solution. Theyre going to completely rework how ALL enchants (not just the changes youve seen so far) work. Enchants wont be separated by 'pre bc', 'tbc', and 'lich king' level reqs, theyll be separated by what level enchanting your toon has access to (that parts just a theory). At the same time all items that have a 'use' to attach a certain enchant/glyph will then require you to be that level of character to get the benefit. Thats why the leg armor kits and naxx arent actually REMOVED on the PTR, they just dont FUNCTION yet. People are looking at the 100hp to chest enchant requiring level 30 to be a bug, but I bet that its not. I bet its just phase one in the testing to see if whatever code theyve implemented is working.

This applies to BoAs because it means you would be able to then put any enchant on a BoA item, and it just wont 'activate' until your appropriate level. Blizzard isnt doing this because they care about twink pvp, theyre doing it because they DONT care about twink pvp

Im sure this will turn into a flame thread, given that Im the one who created the thread. Also, the only part of this thread thats CONFIRMED is that blizzard has mentioned in the past that they were looking for methods to better enchant BoAs. However, this is a very plausible explanation, and I wouldnt have put it on the forums unless I was fairly convinced this has a legitimate chance of being accurate.

i copied this from vengeance battlegroup forums...

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15657785947&sid=1

Respect to who wrote that, it ACTUALLY seems to make sense!

i think it makes sens, considering blizzard is thining also in doing more BOA gears like a real set of it, not just weapons and shoulders.

but then again i do think they are thining of us as twinking itself has became more and more and they never done anything even though they knew about it. if they truly didn't want us around they 'd have done this long ago, but blizzard also said that they knew PVP was breaking on them when 3.00 came live. so considering they sad they would change PVP all together for something more balanced and things liek that, i think that's what they are doing, switching PVP all together forcing people to play a very different game. a game they never played up until that point. we don't know what it will end up, but its gonna change 80 PVP all together and the changes are so great that's its gonna change pvp at low level too for sure !

i'm not inventing things, they say they would make FIRE mages more into pvp, same with HOLY priest. that is bound to say they do care for PVP reguardless of the level it is in !

This part doesn't fit though...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

right right, thats what I mean too. But wouldnt that put level 19's at running around with +25 health to chest and +1 stam on wrists/boots?

Think about it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q u o t e:

ugh, talk about wasting thousands of gold.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People have already wasted thousands of gold, due to them removing leg armor kits. As I had mentioned in my post, blizzard isnt doing this because they care about low level pvp, they do it because they could care less about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if they didn't care they wouldn't make it that way, the only logical reason behind this is they actually want enchants to level with us, instead of seeing level 1 with +6 all stats to their chest ! i think they do care and they are trying to find another way of making things more balanced out with the levels instead of how it worked for years. after all this is an RPG, you're not supposed to be able to defeat a level 10 with a level 1 !

to me it makes lots more sens this way though.

To me the thought of this just makes my stomach drop. Yes I have poured THOUSANDS of gold into many twinks as have so many others have and if blizz does this its going to cause quite an uproar imo. But I doubt that it will mean much.

you forgot one thing. you dont know shit for sure. your whole thread is a big maybe... thats why i tend to ignore these threads and just wait for the actual patch to come out

It's an intresting theory, one I hope isn't true.

Ellest said:
It's an intresting theory, one I hope isn't true.

This. It really sounds plausible, but even Blizzard doesn't know what they're doing 90% of the time. I suggest we just wait and see what happens.

imo this is the best theory as to what is happening right now

give me a different explaination to why 100 hp would no longer work....also why do the leg patches just stop giving stats...why arent they removed or why dont they cause the item not to work

blizzard has never given a shit about us....and this is a perfect solution to their problems with BoAs...to them we dont matter but the boAs do...its become necessary to remove twinking so they're doing it

this is going to completely ruin twinking....it will make the difference between a full 19 twink and a regular 19 about 300 hp and 15% more dmg....we're fucked....warhammer here i come

Unstablle said the 100 hp that we use now is getting 30 req but a new and cheaper one is coming, and 80s on PTR has been complaining on their leg enchants doesent work any more, maybe its just a bug?

I think it's a "bug" but it very well might not be. I do think you're overreacting crazily. So what if everyone is closer to the same HP and damage? Show off dem skeelz, son. :)

Xposure said:
...and 80s on PTR has been complaining on their leg enchants doesent work any more, maybe its just a bug?

All the leg enchants I've tried on one of my 80s on the PTR work fine.

Megamann said:
All the leg enchants I've tried on one of my 80s on the PTR work fine.

See this is what I mean about nobody knowing anything. Some say they work fine, some say they don't. WE WILL SEE, SO LET IT BE. Ooh, words to live by. :p

I think I'd like to see this come to pass actually. I've got my share of expensive stuff, but I'd rather see more even competition, especially in pugs, now that I've grown tired of rolling them. >.>

That said, this thread should be in the tavern, it's not just about 19s. =P

Jadyn said:
I think I'd like to see this come to pass actually. I've got my share of expensive stuff, but I'd rather see more even competition, especially in pugs, now that I've grown tired of rolling them. >.>

That said, this thread should be in the tavern, it's not just about 19s. =P

Meh, 90% of the 39 bracket players are twinks anyway, so PuGs aren't too common anyway. If by PuGs you mean twinks not in a premade, then I can't see this giving you more competition. I would see this as making it even easier for you to roll them, as they will simply have less HP.

Users who are viewing this thread