Trial Twinking, R.I.P.

Neon

washed f2p tink
With veterans and 29s, playing a trial will have literally zero benefits, we had a good run.

Shout out to every trial still trucking through all this.

Easy solution: move on and play 19 (if possible) or 20 veteran and be happy that games finally get more competitive.
Reason to stay pure f2p can only be nostalgia after 6.1.
In the end, most of the f2ps want to pvp and have good games. With 6.1 you will be able to reduce the gap between you and a 29 p2p. Everyone should be happy about that.

I'm going to keep my main account pure F2P and not tamper with it.

But maybe on another account, I'll make a Gnome/Goblin Rogue level 29 with high engineering, using all those gadgets and such, It could be fun.

If I attach my trial account to a new P2P account, that P2P account can use the Pets/Mounts/Titles right?

It's not like I'm playing lvl 20 becouse it's free lol.
You play restricted becouse you dont want any unfair advantages over the other players in the bracket. It's about honor and respect.
I only wish more ppl could understand that and play restricted for the sake of the bracket and maybe realize the more the challenge the more the fun/reward (Sorry dont know how to say this in english).

Last edited by a moderator:
You play restricted becouse you dont want any unfair advantages over the other players in the bracket. It's about honor and respect.
I only wish more ppl could understand that and play restricted for the sake of the bracket and maybe realize the more the challenge the more the fun/reward (Sorry dont know how to say this in english).

I agree. Its not like we have no other choice than playing f2p. For me its a decision made voluntarily for the sake of a certain twinking expierence far off from whats common in other brackets. Only because of the fact that it will be even easier and cheaper to avoid trial restrictions doesn't it mean that there is a necissity to play that way.
If people are searching for a bracket with little gear differences, then 20-29 is definitely the wrong to choose.
There are others things to f2p that some either dont understand or dont enjoy, but f2p r.i.p.? Dont think so.

I don't see how it's RIP when next patch rerolling, leveling and gearing a new f2p will be easier than ever :p

Can you say RIP when it's actually dead and not when you think it will be?
For example in the past:

RIP F2P because p2p 24s in 5.4
RIP F2P because p2p 29s in 6.0
RIP F2P because any other stupid reason

Agreed, trials have been crying wolf or screaming " the sky is falling" since 2011.
They will continue to do to so, it is the nature of the beast. " oh woe is me"...

/cheers
Sweetsidney

Agreed, trials have been crying wolf or screaming " the sky is falling" since 2011.
They will continue to do to so, it is the nature of the beast. " oh woe is me"...

/cheers
Sweetsidney

No, sorry to start off a fight but you can't agree because you say something COMPLETELY different than I did.
I didn't say F2Ps were crying, I said others told us it's over for us without a good reason.

I don't see how it's RIP when next patch rerolling, leveling and gearing a new f2p will be easier than ever :p

1. Because access to BoAs requires you to log onto each toon who has BoAs. Which means unless you convinced a GM to give you helm/cloak/pants BoAs on a starter account, you have to have a paid account to get them. This means F2Ps will either sub their linked accounts or upgrade their starter accounts long enough to get the BoAs they want and then let it lapse into a veteran account.

2. Stat scaling will be much better for a Veteran account level 20 than a F2P account because of enchants that F2Ps will never have access to.

Now, for sure, there will be stubborn people who refuse to buy the game or sub a linked account, but regardless of these people, F2Ps are done.

1. Because access to BoAs requires you to log onto each toon who has BoAs. Which means unless you convinced a GM to give you helm/cloak/pants BoAs on a starter account, you have to have a paid account to get them. This means F2Ps will either sub their linked accounts or upgrade their starter accounts long enough to get the BoAs they want and then let it lapse into a starter account.

2. Stat scaling will be much better for a Veteran account level 20 than a F2P account because of enchants that F2Ps will never have access to.

Now, for sure, there will be stubborn people who refuse to buy the game or sub a linked account, but regardless of these people, F2Ps are done.

Yeah, sure, we will definitely see a lot of people moving to play a veteran account. However, if someone thinks this will make f2ps quit or that there will be no f2ps left after 6.1... He is just wrong. Obviously I can't prove anything but after the patch we will surely see a shitload of f2ps still.

"Now, for sure, there will be stubborn people who refuse to buy the game or sub a linked account, but regardless of these people, F2Ps are done."

Contradict your own statement within the same sentence, well done!

As far as I see it may ppl will be upgrading their accounts. Bgs will be mostly p2ps and Mexicans . For premades you will need 2 sets of gear . One with enchants and one without as to be fair to stuborn ppl . Premades with enchants may be interesting as it would speed up slower games . (And make deffinately specs more viable) . I will probably have a mega crit stacking fire Mage and a enh with ele force .

Also so I can't wait to log on all my mega gf'd 19s (assuming I can remember my password)

The fallacy of this whole thread is the idea that Veteran accounts are not F2P accounts. If you don't have to pay to play your account, then your account is free to play. You may choose to pay five dollars to get some gear and enchants, but you don't have to pay in order to play your account.

Veteran Edition and Starter Edition accounts are both F2P accounts. And since for sure some former subscribers will come back on Veteran accounts, that means that, contrary to the OP's assertion, F2Ps will actually grow.

I'll just set this mic down here.

Yeah, sure, we will definitely see a lot of people moving to play a veteran account. However, if someone thinks this will make f2ps quit or that there will be no f2ps left after 6.1... He is just wrong. Obviously I can't prove anything but after the patch we will surely see a shitload of f2ps still.

I'm sure you've noticed how 29s completely dominate F2Ps since 6.0, right? The only thing that makes them even somewhat competitive are FotM classes and the fact that they outnumber 29s 8:1. Once Veteran accounts become a thing, F2Ps have yet another force working against them, dividing their numbers.

Kincaide said:
The fallacy of this whole thread is the idea that Veteran accounts are not F2P accounts. If you don't have to pay to play your account, then your account is free to play. You may choose to pay five dollars to get some gear and enchants, but you don't have to pay in order to play your account.

Veteran Edition and Starter Edition accounts are both F2P accounts. And since for sure some former subscribers will come back on Veteran accounts, that means that, contrary to the OP's assertion, F2Ps will actually grow.

I'll just set this mic down here.

Except for the fact that the entire point of paying for the full game or subbing a linked account is to get things F2Ps don't have access to otherwise. Even if some F2Ps have linked accounts that are subbed and they get access to BoA helm, neck, cloak, and pants, that still leaves them without enchants unless they actually upgrade their account for at least a month.

Once you pay for your account, you're not a F2P anymore. Veteran accounts aren't F2P accounts. They are frozen paid accounts with F2P access so long as a sub is not active.

That's a pretty big difference.

Yea but it's gotten to the point to where most people are p2p and will be next patch (or veteran). As [MENTION=16230]Neon[/MENTION] said. pure f2p can only be for nostalgia. The only people you are catering to would be the noobs and the jaja's. Time to move on I'd say. Twinking shouldn't require restrictions in the long run, it's about being the best you can be, but I've been guilty of doing so for the longest time trying to play the "good guy".

I will keep my grandfathered f2p toons pure (gear wise) but I will probably level any other twink I have my hands on to 28/29.

Last edited:
Once you pay for your account, you're not a F2P anymore. Veteran accounts aren't F2P accounts. They are frozen paid accounts with F2P access so long as a sub is not active.

That's a pretty big difference.

No, what that is is a semantical difference in one poster's mind, made distinct for the purpose of bolstering an argument.

P2Ps -must- pay monthly in order to keep accessing their accounts. They are a pay-to-play account.

Veterans and Trials can -choose- to pay in order to get items, but if they stop paying, they get to keep playing. They are free-to-play accounts.

It's not that difficult of a concept.

Users who are viewing this thread