EU+US Top tink Series 2015: General Feedback

Assuming you're not trolling me -- I need to, because I refuse to believe anyone is truly that unaware of a point that has been made time and time again --, I will post this for the last time, and just leave it:

It's a fact that *most* not ALL EU, will simply vote EU, no matter HOW GOOD the person who they're voting for is, just so they win the vote.

Assuming you're not trolling me -- I need to, because I refuse to believe anyone is truly that unaware of a point that has been made time and time again --, I will post this for the last time, and just leave it:

most - okay so what youre saying is MOST eu will vote just because EU

most - funny word that - it means the majority?

8/20 is a new meaning of majority to me - youre telling me 8 out of the 20 that voted the way you dont like makes us a majority?

thats more people voting FOR US than FOR EU

most!

I realize a lot of the community enjoys these polls, so this thread is aimed at getting feedback regarding a couple of things. I encourage anyone to give input, will consider all of it.

1) Public Polls vs Private Polls
This is a big issue, and one that I will be experimenting with in the next poll. Both types have their pros and cons. Public polls are good for keeping people honest about 0 or 1-vote accounts and it can be enjoyable to see who votes for whom. On the other hand, public polls can also be negative. People can feel obligated to vote for their guild mates or for the "big names", or may not vote at all. Looking for more feedback on this.

2) Finals Format
It is still a couple of weeks off, but I am thinking about the finals format. I saw that TI polls now allow up to 30 options, so I am considering doing this World Cup style. That is, the top 2 from each group will advance. In the finals, I will consider seeding all options from top to bottom depending on the percentage of their votes that come from colored names. We will call them electoral votes, a term you should know if you're American or familiar with the American voting system. (credit goes to Pizza for that term). Yes, I know plenty of vets and longtime players don't have colored names, but it is a fun and goofy way to seed them, rather than alphabetically like in the class polls.

Please give some feedback, on these or other issues.

Imo Public hands down. If the only downside is that people feel obligated to vote for guildies as opposed to whom they truly believe in, perhaps they should gut up and speak with their passions instead of their political minds. That's called being two faced.

People should never be scared to voice their true beliefs despite so long as they are doing so respectfully.

most - okay so what youre saying is MOST eu will vote just because EU

most - funny word that - it means the majority?

8/20 is a new meaning of majority to me - youre telling me 8 out of the 20 that voted the way you dont like makes us a majority?

thats more people voting FOR US than FOR EU

most!

You can't seriously go off one poll, and use that as your sample size. The reason why more EU picked Livingforce rather than some random EU, is because it's way easier to tell who's better on a priest, than it is on a broken healing spec in "Resto Shaman". So at least most of the EU are smart enough to not make their bias clear, when need be. They can't totally blow their cover, or us silly US hillbillies wouldn't catch on, right?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, step your game up. You're making your nationalism too obvious, unlike the other EU who are voting for the much better Priest, in this case.

[MENTION=24818]bolt[/MENTION], I realize we probably won't ever see eye to eye on this, and that's fine. However, I want to let you know that regardless of our thoughts on things, I still respect your opinion as a human being. I apologize if I came off as some loudmouth radio host with a mic in front of me, ranting and raving about some sort of "anti-EU agenda" you think I might have. If that's what you thought of me as, you got the wrong idea, and I deeply apologize you got that impression.

With that said, I'm giving you the last word. Is that a wise thing to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't seriously go off one poll, and use that as your sample size. The reason why more EU picked Livingforce rather than some random EU, is because it's way easier to tell who's better on a priest, than it is on a broken healing spec in "Resto Shaman". So at least most of the EU are smart enough to not make their bias clear, when need be. They can't totally blow their cover, or us silly US hillbillies wouldn't catch on, right?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, step your game up. You're making your nationalism too obvious, unlike the other EU who are voting for the much better Priest, in this case.

EU Nationalism?! lol, u srs?

Public, kids hide behind mommas skirt enuff as it is...

Last edited:
its settled, lets leave it now
Dorigon any update on new ideas?

Not really, kind of have a general idea.

Will try a private poll for the next one, see how it goes, get some feedback.

For the finals, will have two entrants from each class, the top vote getter and the second, World Cup style. The seeding for finals will be by total votes gotten. I won't do anything with colored names.

Public

Are you really that spineless that you can't make a decision about a video game and worry about people judging you? Bowing to peer pressure in a video game. How sad. High School drama at it's hieght. This is exactly why I do not become too embroiled in 19's guild affairs. Too much teenage drama.

I really do not even know why we even have these polls. All it is is a popularity contest. It has absolutely nothing to do with who it "better". As there are many many good twinks that don't even visit twinkinfo that will never even be on one of these lists. And there are many many good twinks that do not fit in the clique that will not make "the list".
In the end, all it will do is cause controversy and fragile egos will be damaged.

/cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as the EU vs NA debate. I think it is already apparen that EU people are already voting for EU people simply because of their name and because they are from EU. You can see the same trend of voting across races/parties/locales when it comes to voting for a political office of someone you do not even know. Which brings me back to my earlier point. These polls are useless. They serve no purpose when it comes to determining who is "better". All they do is determine who is more popular. Much like a Prom Queen.

So this post really should be "Who is the Prom Queen of the 19's?"...

I will be starting a post with that title.

/cheers

Do you ever have something positive to contribute to this forum? Constantly calling people out for being immature yet you are the one engaging in every thread that possibly look like it could burst into drama. If there is no drama you take it up on yourself to get the ball rolling.
Mods when will you finally ban this clown?

I say privet polls, since some of the arguments posten between US and EU are almost becoming racist

I also don't think EU should be counted in the prefix when (I'm assuming) you only play US. If the GG 19 players from EU are playing on US servers then they are still US toons

US vs EU has nothing to do with race. That would be nationality. Or in EU's case, a continent. US is quite unique.

You do have a very good point. I would not push it though. The majority has to be PC for the minority. It is the way of the world in the 21st century.

/cheers

Do you ever have something positive to contribute to this forum? Constantly calling people out for being immature yet you are the one engaging in every thread that possibly look like it could burst into drama. If there is no drama you take it up on yourself to get the ball rolling.
Mods when will you finally ban this clown?

Feel free to state what I said that was incorrect in a PM.

/cheers

tbf EU ppl votes for EU players, SR players vote for SR players, harvest people vote for harvest players and so on. There can never really be a true determination of who is "the best" (how that now even is decided).. LoL

tbf EU ppl votes for EU players, SR players vote for SR players, harvest people vote for harvest players and so on. There can never really be a true determination of who is "the best" (how that now even is decided).. LoL

Apparently I am not the only one that notices this...
Thank you very much!
[MENTION=17810]Jva[/MENTION] I will be waiting on that PM.

/cheers

Apparently I am not the only one that notices this...
Thank you very much!
[MENTION=17810]Jva[/MENTION] I will be waiting on that PM.

/cheers

I dont have one single reason to PM you. My post is pretty easy to understand and doesn't need further explanation. I leave it at that. I give you the last word because you need that.

/cheers

Users who are viewing this thread