TLA Best wep for rets in 3.2?

Talic

OG
since command wont be a ppm and will proc in every hit and TLA have the best dps of the weps for a 29 twink.

(For warriors CM or BAR is still beter because of overpower)

Dunno. I've always been of the opinion that TLA was the better of the two. Yes, its harder to joust, but for most classes you'll want to stay in Melee all the time anyway - the only thing you should be jousting is rogues, and to some extent dmg/swing is important against hunters and rogues.

After that, since no twink in the bracket is gonna be glass cannoned enough to be 2 shot anyways, whether you're taking more swings with a faster weapon or less swings with a slower weapon doesnt matter.

In fact - Faster might be better.

Faster = Quicker to hit the 2 hit inturrupt cap

= faster wearing down of Priests Inner Fire

Slower = More damage per swing

Bar /w Cru -> TLA with +9 dmg (assuming new SoC scales with +dmg)

Bar /w Cru -> Corpsemaker +25 agi for Mages, Hunters, and Rogues.

i already have my CM but i will still try TLA in 3.2

it will definitely do better dps and burst will come from exorcism not from command procs

also im a nice guy

EDIT: Darzk that could work too

when XP gets turned off, i'll take a gnomer run to see for myself how the TLA goes. of course once my main can get BoAs, it'll be BAR for sure

fatterknacker said:
when XP gets turned off, i'll take a gnomer run to see for myself how the TLA goes. of course once my main can get BoAs, it'll be BAR for sure

BAR is almost like CM it only have 9 crit a litle more stam and less str

its better but not to much

as SoC is changed to a constant % +wepdmg the dps is a viable stat now for pallys.

in some situations the TLA is now one of the best weapons for ret pallys...lets say everytime they can stick like glue to their target it is.

everytime you want to joust or can be outranged the BAR is the better choice.

if someone only wants one weapon -> BAR/CM (depends on BOA accessable)

if you like to switch weapon, get an additional TLA for more dps on targets in reach.

Jesus Christ not this again.

Time and time again CM/BAR have proven to be better. Always have, and unless something drastic happens, it always will be. Always.

Please, delete this thread, it's contents are misguiding(Save the posts saying that cm/bar are better then TLA) to newer twinks looking to actually be successful on their 29 ret paladins.

Zyrkonos said:
1.6% crit is not much :rolleyes: ?

if you need to lvl up a character to 80 for it: yes is not too much :p

Vallei said:
Jesus Christ not this again.

Time and time again CM/BAR have proven to be better. Always have, and unless something drastic happens, it always will be. Always.

Please, delete this thread, it's contents are misguiding(Save the posts saying that cm/bar are better then TLA) to newer twinks looking to actually be successful on their 29 ret paladins.

... something drastic is going to happen command will be no longer a ppm and will do constant +%wep damage

Like Bansil say TLA is going to be better in some situations

Talic said:
... something drastic is going to happen command will be no longer a ppm and will do constant +%wep damage

Like Bansil say TLA is going to be better in some situations

I was taking into consideration the ptr changes when I made the comment,

Actually read the new command tooltip, while tla with it may be more dps, CM/BAR with it will be more BURST, and judgements will still hit higher, and crusader, I told myself I wouldn't try to argue with those who want to think that tla will be better, but come on........

Vallei said:
I was taking into consideration the ptr changes when I made the comment,

Actually read the new command tooltip, while tla with it may be more dps, CM/BAR with it will be more BURST, and judgements will still hit higher, and crusader, I told myself I wouldn't try to argue with those who want to think that tla will be better, but come on........

As paladins at this level have no instant attacks, there is no reason not to use a faster weapon.

The only advantage of a slow weapon is higher damage/swing. Dmg/swing is only relevant when jousting (or in situations like jousting, such as fighting a mage). In other situations all that matters is DPS; of which the TLA has more.

A Judgement from CM will hit for ~8.94 damage more (pre-crit). A judgement occurs every 8 seconds. TLA is 4.13 dps more than CM (post STR). In an 8 second cycle a TLA will do ~24 more damage than a CM (pre crit).

there are some anti-TLA here

I am a TLA fan cause it has highest dps... but I don t wana get banned again cause I say the truth...

darzk said:
As paladins at this level have no instant attacks, there is no reason not to use a faster weapon.

The only advantage of a slow weapon is higher damage/swing. Dmg/swing is only relevant when jousting (or in situations like jousting, such as fighting a mage). In other situations all that matters is DPS; of which the TLA has more.

A Judgement from CM will hit for ~8.94 damage more (pre-crit). A judgement occurs every 8 seconds. TLA is 4.13 dps more than CM (post STR). In an 8 second cycle a TLA will do ~24 more damage than a CM (pre crit).

Don't worry, I've a 29 ret pally on the ptr, I am grinding for a TLA as we speak, Although I am confident that CM/BAR will be much better for pvp then TLA ever will be, I am willing to test it for you guys.

(please note that TLA may end up being more damage per second, I am 50 percent sure of that, however I am 100 percent sure that CM/BAR will yield more crusader procs and have much higher burst)

We shall see.

RC-ST. said:
there are some anti-TLA here

I am a TLA fan cause it has highest dps... but I don t wana get banned again cause I say the truth...

lololololol

Users who are viewing this thread