US Thoughts.

You have to impress other players in order to be considered for a spot on a TC team. Using Speed Pots, Elixirs, Valentine Buffs or Engineering stuff will just hinder what you're trying to do, which is to impress. That is my point.

I get your point, but you're wrong. Any sensible player that has been playing in the bracket for years sees seasonal buffs for what they really are and are able to look past these buffs. I'll say it again, A little extra damage shouldn't make or break someone's opinion of someone. The Valentine buffs don't buff people's positioning, leadership, decision making, or mechanics which are typically how people consider someone to be a great player. The buffs don't impact any of the 4 qualities that makes a player great. Good players won't be hindered at all, they will continue to play the same way even after the event ends regardless of what buffs they have. The idea that a player can't be considered good because he/she uses buffs that have been around and used for years by the community is laughable.

Lmao @ impressing someone in a video game...

Don't you all consider enchants "buffs" ? If not, then what are they?
What about stat gains from gear? Are they not "buffs" as well? They buff your character's in the same manner do they not?
Simply because a few individuals deem some buffs "not fair" or "too difficult to obtain" does not mean they are any different than any other item(gear) that gives your character a stat boost.
Is eating a food buff considered "unfair"? A sharpening stone? Wizard oil? A scroll? An elixir or potion that boosts a stat?
I use EVERY advantage I can to stay alive so I can heal my teammates. That is what T winking is all about. Own or be owned.
Like it or not, many of today's t winks have been coddled their whole life and want other's to stoop down to their standards. I refuse to do that. I play WoW to have fun. A I will use buffs as I see fit.

I could give a rat's a$$ about "respect" and "impressing" someone in a video game. Odds are I will never ever meet anyone here in real life. And real life is where respect and impressing someone counts. Not a virtual world.

Why are we even talking about this?

I get your point, but you're wrong. Any sensible player that has been playing in the bracket for years sees seasonal buffs for what they really are and are able to look past these buffs. I'll say it again, A little extra damage shouldn't make or break someone's opinion of someone. The Valentine buffs don't buff people's positioning, leadership, decision making, or mechanics which are typically how people consider someone to be a great player. The buffs don't impact any of the 4 qualities that makes a player great. Good players won't be hindered at all, they will continue to play the same way even after the event ends regardless of what buffs they have. The idea that a player can't be considered good because he/she uses buffs that have been around and used for years by the community is laughable.

I said hinder. Not saying it's impossible.

Considering how many people "missed your point", then maybe it's your points that is extremely far fetched?

But good job on bringing almost the entire 19 community together!

Lmao @ impressing someone in a video game...

Don't you all consider enchants "buffs" ? If not, then what are they?
What about stat gains from gear? Are they not "buffs" as well? They buff your character's in the same manner do they not?
Simply because a few individuals deem some buffs "not fair" or "too difficult to obtain" does not mean they are any different than any other item(gear) that gives your character a stat boost.
Is eating a food buff considered "unfair"? A sharpening stone? Wizard oil? A scroll? An elixir or potion that boosts a stat?
I use EVERY advantage I can to stay alive so I can heal my teammates. That is what T winking is all about. Own or be owned.
Like it or not, many of today's t winks have been coddled their whole life and want other's to stoop down to their standards. I refuse to do that. I play WoW to have fun. A I will use buffs as I see fit.

I could give a rat's a$$ about "respect" and "impressing" someone in a video game. Odds are I will never ever meet anyone here in real life. And real life is where respect and impressing someone counts. Not a virtual world.

How are you gonna get on a TC team if you're not impressing anyone?
Gear and enchants can be used in Premades.
Food buffs, Sharpening Stone etc. are minor buffs that hardly matter.

You clearly didn't get the point either.

Mvq you're missing the point.

This is no different than pure F2P's thinking they're special by playing without enchants. The only people you're impressing, are other people also restricting themselves (next to nobody)

Good leaders recognize good players - regardless of class, spec, race, gear, buffs, ect.

I see two options here: either deal with it or stop queuing. This thread is so pointless. I would rather see people post their stupid "best of" lists than threads by this stubborn moron who always defends his point when he's clearly wrong.

You clearly didn't get the point either.

Do you get the point of Twínking? The whole idea was formed to gain any edge on other players, no matter how large or small the point is to be as stacked as possible meaning the use of all gear and buffs. Ofc people do now frown upon certain consumables such as glider or speedpots but there's nothing wrong with event buffs. Stop being a butthurt bitch

Do you get the point of Twínking? The whole idea was formed to gain any edge on other players, no matter how large or small the point is to be as stacked as possible meaning the use of all gear and buffs. Ofc people do now frown upon certain consumables such as glider or speedpots but there's nothing wrong with event buffs. Stop being a butthurt bitch

Where did I say that the Buffs shouldn't be used by everyone?

Users who are viewing this thread