US Thoughts.

Buffs are buffs, if anything these buffs are great to allow people to play classes or specs that only become viable when they hit a certain amount of HP/SP and buffs like this assist them in doing so. I'm all for buffs, gear, or anything that can give an advantage - as someone previously stated that's how this show began and that's how this show will go on, like it or not.

I dont understand whats the deal between TC and these buffs? get a life man and stop thinking that much about the TC lmao.
Who the hell in the world will form a team without players using Speed Pots, Elixirs, Valentine Buffs or Engineering stuff..
not sure if you're that retarded or trolling tbh. I think the 1st page is enough for you stop making fool of yourself

Buffs are buffs, if anything these buffs are great to allow people to play classes or specs that only become viable when they hit a certain amount of HP/SP and buffs like this assist them in doing so. I'm all for buffs, gear, or anything that can give an advantage - as someone previously stated that's how this show began and that's how this show will go on, like it or not.

For sure, I agree with you.

My point is that if the Buffs hinder you from achieving something, then why are you using them? NOT that such Buffs shouldn't be used by the casual player.

The buff's don't hinder the user from achieving anything really, it's a temporary thing let everyone have a bit of fun with it. Afterall the people queueing up don't queue up to try and impress people, i mean it's a PuG. PuG's are for fun, if people find fun in it then so be it - i know i sure do! Bringing out my demo lock because the SP buffs make it a lot more viable :)

The buff's don't hinder the user from achieving anything really, it's a temporary thing let everyone have a bit of fun with it. Afterall the people queueing up don't queue up to try and impress people, i mean it's a PuG. PuG's are for fun, if people find fun in it then so be it - i know i sure do! Bringing out my demo lock because the SP buffs make it a lot more viable :)

Sure it does. If you wanna impress someone then the Buffs will hinder doing that. If you wanna have your skill acknowledged then the Buffs hinder that. All these factors are relevant for joining a Twink Cup team, hence why I wrote: "Some players are annoyed that they won't be playing for their favorite guild for the TC, yet they use Valentine Buffs."

I agree with you completely that non-viable classes / specs become semi-viable due to the Buffs which is great.

Err, my viewpoint is that casual games are casual, thus if people want to use their temporary holiday buffs, whatever. Can see how it would get especially frustrating as an FC, but yea, it's temporary.

It's pugs, if you don't want op shit in pugs play premades. 39 bracket died cause of to many strict rules. You should do whatever you want whenever you want in pugs, within the ToS ofc.

It's pugs, if you don't want op shit in pugs play premades. 39 bracket died cause of to many strict rules. You should do whatever you want whenever you want in pugs, within the ToS ofc.

Somehow you're also missing the point.

The point of this thread is to tell people who want to impress or get acknowledge for their skill that such Buffs will hinder them in doing so. Not to tell people that Valentine Buffs are not allowed. Because they are.

It's allowed to insult someone, however if you want to have someone believe you're a nice guy then insulting that someone will hinder you in what you're trying to do.

The point of this thread is to tell people who want to impress or get acknowledge for their skill that such Buffs will hinder them in doing so. Not to tell people that Valentine Buffs are not allowed. Because they are.

It's allowed to insult someone, however if you want to have someone believe you're a nice guy then insulting that someone will hinder you in what you're trying to do.

I dont think anyone whos planing to make a team for the twink cup cares what buffs people are using in pugs tbh!
I understand what youre saying tho :)

I dont think anyone whos planing to make a team for the TC cares what buffs people are using in pugs tbh!
I understand what youre saying tho :)

For sure. But they care whether or not you're a good player. And Valentine Buffs, Speed Pots or Gliders makes it difficult to know if someone is good without them.

All I'm hearing right now is "Notice me Senpai!". As stated before, the point of getting BiS gear is to have the stat advantage over others. Right? Seems like a smart plan to me, I'm impressed right there if you took the time to research your class's gear and are actively playing. Now when a holiday comes around and everyone and their mom is using Valentines buffs, if I see someone not using it.... that is not so smart.... you put yourself at a disadvantage without it. And for what? To be acknowledged by some other guys who are probably having a blast using the buffs anyways? Its like playing a twink in Vanilla gear with no BoA's. Seasonal buffs are like small meta changes. You either play the current meta and make it an even playing field, or you stick with the old meta and get wrecked 9/10 times. I may have taken away something completely different than what other people see, but I don't understand why you are searching for approval so damn hard that you have to post about it lol. Play the game, get good, have fun doing it, you'll meet other people to have fun with and maybe play in the TC with the people you want.

you talk alot about respect but yet you buy a gf'd character to be ahead in gear ? idk

PS: Kancer gets dark intent buff from outside for every game is that okay? hehe

PPS: How the fuck does the use of consumables hinder you from showing your skill, I dont see how you cant show the skill you normally have when doing slightly more damage/healing, makes no sense.

Last edited:
you talk alot about respect but yet you buy a gf'd character to be ahead in gear ? idk

PS: Kancer gets dark intent buff from outside for every game is that okay? hehe

PPS: How the duck does the use of consumables hinder you from showing your skill, I dont see how you cant show the skill you normally have when doing slightly more damage/healing, makes no sense.

If I beat you in a 1v1 and you're impressed initially then if you afterwards notice that I was using Valentine Buffs when you weren't then there's a high chance that you'll blame the Buff on the loss of the fight.
- That's an example of Buffs hindering you in showing Skill. A lot of people, not all, are quickly to blame Buffs and Racials on losses.

If I beat you in a 1v1 and you're impressed initially then if you afterwards notice that I was using Valentine Buffs when you weren't then there's a high chance that you'll blame the Buff on the loss of the fight.
- That's an example of Buffs hindering you in showing Skill. A lot of people, not all, are quickly to blame Buffs and Racials on losses.
1v1's are pretty much irrelevant though

They're very relevant as an FC and a Hunter.
That is a very small portion of players in the entire game you should specify more then to say that hunters or fc's shouldn't use buffs bla bla bla which still doesnt make sense because if you use consumables yourself you put yourself on par with the hunter right?? hehe

That is a very small portion of players in the entire game you should specify more then to say that hunters or fc's shouldn't use buffs bla bla bla which still doesnt make sense because if you use consumables yourself you put yourself on par with the hunter right?? hehe

It was an example, not the entire point.

And no, the stats that the hunter gets from the Buff he uses scale differently with his spells than with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread